***UPDATE***Ram TRX 2022 Start Production Date.

KingTuck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
Take it for what it’s worth. I just got off the phone with someone from FCA Ram department. The individual explained to me that there is indeed a chip shortage but production for the 2022 Ram TRX will start on July 25th.

My advice to those who wants to hear it for themselves is to give them a call like I did. Hopefully they will tell you what they told me.

Two

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
That's most likely true, as Donlen has claimed 7-25 for a while now.

EDIT: That should be 8-25. My mistake.

Last edited:

TMNT_TRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Cory
Current Ride
Hellcat Challenger
Military
Marine Corps
Does this mean all the 2021 orders have been fulfilled than because I wouldn’t see how they could swap the line if the 21s are still backed up if that makes sense

topgun

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman CC
That's most likely true, as Donlen has claimed 7-25 for a while now.
Donlen is showing and has shown 8/25 for a while now. The 2500's actually moved out about 2 weeks.

Ram Donlen.jpg

ekaz

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
I doubt '22 production will start next week. There has been no mention of completing the 21s or flipping them to 22s. I think Donlen may be right this time around and 8/25, or sometime around then, is when actual production will start.
@KingTuck did you just call customer service? If so, they're probably telling everyone the same line, just like when you do the online chat for a status.

Raven

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
Take it for what it’s worth. I just got off the phone with someone from FCA Ram department. The individual explained to me that there is indeed a chip shortage but production for the 2022 Ram TRX will start on July 25th.

My advice to those who wants to hear it for themselves is to give them a call like I did. Hopefully they will tell you what they told me.
Dream on brother. Talked with my dealer today. My 2021 won't start production for at least 2 weeks. I seriously doubt they are going to start 2022's before the 2021's are done.

Two

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
Donlen is showing and has shown 8/25 for a while now.
Yes, but it may change again. I remember seeing three different dates, including 8-25 (and I mistakenly wrote 7-25 above). Pretty sure it showed 8-7 for a short period, too.

topgun

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman CC
Possibly. The 2500 went from 7-25 to 8/9 this month but the 1500 DT has been 8/25 for weeks. Doubt it would be moved up with trucks yet to build for '21.

OP
KingTuck

KingTuck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
Dream on brother. Talked with my dealer today. My 2021 won't start production for at least 2 weeks. I seriously doubt they are going to start 2022's before the 2021's are done.
Again….I’m not dreaming, just what I was told. Personally if I get my truck before the snow flies in November/December I’m happy. In the meantime I’ll enjoy my Charger Hellcat and my Ram Limited.

JTR

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Waiting for my ordered '22 TRX
Again….I’m not dreaming, just what I was told. Personally if I get my truck before the snow flies in November/December I’m happy. In the meantime I’ll enjoy my Charger Hellcat and my Ram Limited.
Hope you're right brother

OP
KingTuck

KingTuck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
For the record I’m NOT hoping or dreaming. Everything happens for a reason and the truck will get here when it gets here. I am simply relaying information from supposedly reliable sources. Not some 4th party website or Cousin Frankie down at your local auto repair shop lol.

The fact of the matter is I am NOT relying on these sources until they prove to me the information they gave me proves correct. I guess we will see in due time.

OP
KingTuck

KingTuck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
In all fairness. Those who have been waiting for their 21’s should be priority #1 and I hope you get your truck sooner than later.

I still believe most 21 orders will turn into 22’s

OnTheReel

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Reaction score
Name
Zack
Current Ride
2019 Silverado
Been around here long enough to know FCA customer service is unfortunately NOT a reliable source. You could call back again and get a completely different answer. Maybe even from the same person.

OP
KingTuck

KingTuck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
Been around here long enough to know FCA customer service is unfortunately NOT a reliable source. You could call back again and get a completely different answer. Maybe even from the same person.
Exactly why I encouraged others to call so we can call them liars if the date doesn’t hold true.

It would feel a lot better to call them liars opposed to calling a unaffiliated source a liar. Just my opinion. I also said “supposedly a reliable source.”

I just like to hear things from the horses mouth.

Raven

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
This is as simple as waiting until your dealer says your truck is in. Anything else is pure vapor ware.

Two

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
This is as simple as waiting until your dealer says your truck is in. Anything else is pure vapor ware.
No! I just can't be that logical.
There are mystical powers at work here and self induced anxiety is a must.

mmansour91

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Name
Mike
Current Ride
Jeep
For the record, I ordered my ‘21 on 5/8. My dealer told me (last week) that it’s getting pushed to a ‘22. Oh well, but it might happen to others. Thus production might actually be starting sooner than expected but no one truly knows!

side note: waiting for ‘22 because of UConnect 5 upgrade isn’t so bad!

OP
KingTuck

KingTuck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Darrell Tucker
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
I doubt '22 production will start next week. There has been no mention of completing the 21s or flipping them to 22s. I think Donlen may be right this time around and 8/25, or sometime around then, is when actual production will start.
@KingTuck did you just call customer service? If so, they're probably telling everyone the same line, just like when you do the online chat for a status.
For the record, I ordered my ‘21 on 5/8. My dealer told me (last week) that it’s getting pushed to a ‘22. Oh well, but it might happen to others. Thus production might actually be starting sooner than expected but no one truly knows!

side note: waiting for ‘22 because of UConnect 5 upgrade isn’t so bad!
Everyone is speculating myself included. However, the difference between me and most is that I am NOT ruling anything out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a 2022 rolls out July 25th and I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com