TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 TRX
Current Ride #2
A few BMWs
Issues: Check engine light stating an air fuel ratio in the right bank and severe rumbling at 1500-2000 rpm.

Just dropped the truck off today after a whopping 6 days of ownership SMFH. I asked to drive with the shop foreman and he noticed the rumbling right away. He said it felt like a misfire but wasn't sure how that could tie in with the A/F issue. He said something under his breath about plugs but I couldn't catch the rest. To the store's credit, they got me in a Charger R/T loaner even though I didn't have an appt. The whole service drive was drooling over the truck which felt good but also further reinforced my concerns with who'd potentially mess with it. The shop foreman assured me no one else would touch the vehicle besides him and his son who is also a lead technician there. The foreman looks like Santa Claus and owns a few racecars so I'm inclined to trust him.

We'll see what they say when they get her up in the air. RamCares also gave me a case number and escalated my issue so I'm sure this will be a completely stress free week :cautious:

Stay tuned for more.

Issues: Check engine light stating an air fuel ratio in the right bank and severe rumbling at 1500-2000 rpm.

Just dropped the truck off today after a whopping 6 days of ownership SMFH. I asked to drive with the shop foreman and he noticed the rumbling right away. He said it felt like a misfire but wasn't sure how that could tie in with the A/F issue. He said something under his breath about plugs but I couldn't catch the rest. To the store's credit, they got me in a Charger R/T loaner even though I didn't have an appt. The whole service drive was drooling over the truck which felt good but also further reinforced my concerns with who'd potentially mess with it. The shop foreman assured me no one else would touch the vehicle besides him and his son who is also a lead technician there. The foreman looks like Santa Claus and owns a few racecars so I'm inclined to trust him.

We'll see what they say when they get her up in the air. RamCares also gave me a case number and escalated my issue so I'm sure this will be a completely stress free week :cautious:

Stay tuned for more.
Looks like Santa... Hilarious. If Stencil/Stiletto can't figure it out... our only hope is the Christmas Miracle.

Damn dude. Sorry to hear that. At least it seems like the dealer is nice and helpful about it. Fingers crossed they turn it around quickly. Might wanna tag Ram Cares to see if they can expedite it.

Looks like Santa... Hilarious. If Stencil/Stiletto can't figure it out... our only hope is the Christmas Miracle.
Just trying to keep it positive, bro. This truck is an absolute riot and I want to give it all it's due credit.
Damn dude. Sorry to hear that. At least it seems like the dealer is nice and helpful about it. Fingers crossed they turn it around quickly. Might wanna tag Ram Cares to see if they can expedite it.
@RamCares PLEASE HELP.

Stay tuned for more.
Good on you @RamCares

also, if dude runs racecars your truck is in good hands. Those dudes are typically good

giphy.gif

Sorry. Could not resist. Sorry you are having the issues though man. That sucks.

Update: got a call from the foreman. He cleared the CEL but can’t get it to go on again. I told him it happened before I took delivery and they just cleared it then too but here we are 300 miles later and it’s back. He’s hesitant to dig into the truck and go replacing parts without knowing for sure it will fix the issue, which I’m glad to hear. At least someone respects these trucks. He said he’s going to contact STAR (don’t know what/who that is) and get back to me tomorrow on what to do. He also addressed the rumbling a bit but seems more focused on this CEL.
Fingers crossed he gets his answers so I can get mine and moreover get my truck back!

Update: got a call from the foreman. He cleared the CEL but can’t get it to go on again. I told him it happened before I took delivery and they just cleared it then too but here we are 300 miles later and it’s back. He’s hesitant to dig into the truck and go replacing parts without knowing for sure it will fix the issue, which I’m glad to hear. At least someone respects these trucks. He said he’s going to contact STAR (don’t know what/who that is) and get back to me tomorrow on what to do. He also addressed the rumbling a bit but seems more focused on this CEL.
Fingers crossed he gets his answers so I can get mine and moreover get my truck back!
Intermittent issues are the worst. After you pick it up from service you will make it a block before your house before that CEL pops

Contact STARS? Where the heck you get service at? Racoon City Dodge Jeep Ram?

Get comfortable for a long wait.
Fca star techs have been working on mine for a week with no updates on what’s going on with it. At least you got a loaner!

Fca star techs have been working on mine for a week with no updates on what’s going on with it. At least you got a loaner!
Was it a minivan?

Not sure what your local or state laws are but in WI if they have your vehicle in for repairs for 30 days or more in the first year you qualify for the lemon law. Might pay to do your research in your state just in case.

Not sure what your local or state laws are but in WI if they have your vehicle in for repairs for 30 days or more in the first year you qualify for the lemon law. Might pay to do your research in your state just in case.
Spoke to a lawyer this afternoon 👍🏼

I hope they all of these issues. I cracked her open after 300 miles a bit and it is stupid and reminded me of why I spent so much. Now if it blows up this weekend I'll definitely be pissed, but will enjoy the ride while it lasts

Last edited:
The ledge boys... the ledge.
I’m so conflicted. I started looking at raptors. Looked at the raptor forum. The difference in buyer is really interesting and nuanced but heres the best way I can describe it.

It’s kinda like you are at a chess tournament. One entrant has studied chess strategy in all their spare time and knows all the moves, is there early, watching matches, etc. Let that be the Raptor.

now the second entrant shows up 5 minutes late, hasn’t slept, smells like kitteh and stale alcohol, has a suspicious white powder in their nose, then vomits on the judges shoes and takes a seat. Thats the trx.

they play to a draw

Last edited:
Back