Unlevel Ride Height?

Variable

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bentley GT Supersport, GT2RS, Demon, Gen 5 Vipers
Just got home from putting miles on the LE and noticed that the stance from the back looked off. Grabbed a tape measure and sure as shit, the drivers side bottom of the bed to the ground is one inch lower than the passenger side. Got underneath the truck and nothing looks amiss, measured from a hardpoint, there is still a difference. Measured the bed height relative to the bottom of the cab glass and they are identical. Can someone else measure theirs and post if you see a difference between drivers side and passenger.

Last edited:
Mine seem the same

Get the shock looked at. Someone on Facebook had a bad Bilstein shock

I’ve seen dealership photos on the Internet of the new TRX is and they do seem like they are listing to one side when they take a picture of the truck from behind don’t know if they’re on uneven ground or if there is an issue with how the truck is sitting on its suspension system

just drove it again, now it has gone the exact opposite way. It must just be how soft the suspension is.
Lack of pressure in the rear shocks? Someone better at offroad trucks think this is normal?

How level were you parked? Both times the exact same spot?

Gas tank full?
Sooo, this doesn’t make a lot of sense. The gas tank is on the drivers side. It could be argued that the dynamic shocks have a miss calibrated cross compensation element going on, will know tomorrow once I get it to my shop and corner balance her.

Get the shock looked at. Someone on Facebook had a bad Bilstein shock
Shocks don't control ride height on these trucks. They aren't coilovers. Springs control ride height and they are only managed via their purches. Now if the active shocks are maintaining memory after the truck is shut off, that may be something else. Will know tomorrow when I unspring her on the lift and then drop her on the corner scales. Will advise.

Measured my truck and the driver side is 3/4 of an inch shorter than the passenger side. However, I just filled my gas tank as well and it sits on the driver side.

Just from looking, it did appear to be sitting not level. I’ll watch this more closely going forward and hopefully it’s not a problem.

Shocks don't control ride height on these trucks. They aren't coilovers. Springs control ride height and they are only managed via their purches. Now if the active shocks are maintaining memory after the truck is shut off, that may be something else. Will know tomorrow when I unspring her on the lift and then drop her on the corner scales. Will advise.
Let us know what you find out

You were saying?

1613921115321.png

1613921143668.png

Yes, I was saying. Shocks don't manage ride height.
Ok, let them know they were wrong

You guys sure this isn’t just the product of the TRX suspension and being brand new? What I mean is if you’ve ever seen a side by side like say a can-am commander with the good suspension, it’s by design that the rebound can hold the travel slightly in place. Like when parked you could push the top roll bar to one side and it would slightly stay there because the shocks are doing their job. As soon as you start moving everything is good again. Maybe when the truck was parked there is just a little weight transfer to the side that’s slightly lower. Then when you drive it again it straightens out. Without that rebound control the truck would bounce on uncontrolled springs. Just speculating of course but I could see that being the case with this suspension.

You guys sure this isn’t just the product of the TRX suspension and being brand new? What I mean is if you’ve ever seen a side by side like say a can-am commander with the good suspension, it’s by design that the rebound can hold the travel slightly in place. Like when parked you could push the top roll bar to one side and it would slightly stay there because the shocks are doing their job. As soon as you start moving everything is good again. Maybe when the truck was parked there is just a little weight transfer to the side that’s slightly lower. Then when you drive it again it straightens out. Without that rebound control the truck would bounce on uncontrolled springs. Just speculating of course but I could see that being the case with this suspension.
Showed a screenshot of a truck having a lean, with almost 400 miles on it, take it to the dealer, and they determine is a bad shock. So I don't know how getting the shock looked at isn't one way to diagnose the issue.

My Avalanche had a light lean of like 1/4" to one side on the rear. I didn't know if it was the shock or the spring that was bad. I lifted up the truck and swapped the springs left to right and it still had a slight lean on the same side. Purchased 4 new shocks and no more lean. I had a sneaking suspicion it was the shock because when I went over bumps at speed I would get like a front-left to rear-right type of bounce, a sign of a bad shock. Never said a shock controls ride height but it can affect it depending on the spring.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back