Under seat rear storage

I started shopping for one as well. Thanks for the heads up on those, I’ll have to check them out.

I really like the Du-Ha Lockable box, thats the one I’m probably going with but one thing I did find which could be an issue for other units as well; sitting on the all weather mats. Not sure how much play there is at the front of the Du-Ha to get the mat out, imagine it shouldnt be that bad.

A3383754-A544-4A77-A6FA-F3AC2F689A59.jpeg
A02ADF15-0FCB-4983-A3E0-384B49E47AC1.jpeg

Here’s some pics you wanted:
80D97D6F-6F9C-4527-9166-1DAADD1F2F01.jpeg
60C9FBBC-F6FA-43ED-AE9C-8C5AAA86538F.jpeg

Husky makes one too. Looks like the WeatherTech, Husky & Rough Country stay in place with a single strap where the Du-Ha gets bolted in.

I started shopping for one as well. Thanks for the heads up on those, I’ll have to check them out.

I really like the Du-Ha Lockable box, thats the one I’m probably going with but one thing I did find which could be an issue for other units as well; sitting on the all weather mats. Not sure how much play there is at the front of the Du-Ha to get the mat out, imagine it shouldnt be that bad.

View attachment 8436View attachment 8437

Here’s some pics you wanted:
View attachment 8434View attachment 8435
Thanks for the pics but I’m still confused. My build sheet refers to “in floor storage bins.” Is that just the bracket that is shown in the picture or is there actually something sub-floor?
I really like the Du-Ha too But didn’t know if it would cover some actual ”in floor storage bins.”

Thanks for the pics but I’m still confused. My build sheet refers to “in floor storage bins.” Is that just the bracket that is shown in the picture or is there actually something sub-floor?
I really like the Du-Ha too But didn’t know if it would cover some actual ”in floor storage bins.”

Oh okay, you said Underneath seat storage, give me a few minutes & I’ll take a pic of the in floor storage bins that are under the mats

Thats funny, I was just looking at those, about to post these. Looks like it sticks out further than the Du-Ha, could be an issue getting the all weather mats in & out.
View attachment 8442View attachment 8443View attachment 8444
All of these units seems to stick out a bit too far and will overlap the all season weather mat and possible hinder access to the in floor storage areas IMO......If installed maybe the floor mat would have to be notched out or they won't sit flat?

It looks like the factor under seat storage adjuster would need to come out?

1616247695884.png

1616247425125.png

Does the Du-HA base have any movement adjusters that would allow you to raise seats up, tilt box up enough to get all weather mats out?

Depending on what you put in there, it could be pretty heavy sitting on mats and every time you need to rinse the all weather mats out, you might have to remove the heavy items in lock box, to get weight off to be able to pull it out from underneath it.

Does it sag down or any play in base location? or is there enough room to mount lock box, so it does not touch all weather mats, I am assuming no.

If its locked in on top of mats, to increase strength when heavy items are put in, they should of made it slightly less wide or slightly less deep where it over hangs mats or and add a base tilt up feature to allow you to get the mats out.

Without this its either take all the heavy tools or stuff out, to be able to pull mats out, clean and struggle to get them back in.

1616246919690.png

All the factory pictures from manufacture have the box sitting on thin carpet floor mats. That's the design flaw. Should of made it where it overlaps slightly less deep on that front edge, so base does not sit on mats, allowing you get mats out.

I know its twice the price, but it has a lid and lockable. How secure is it?

1616248323700.png

What does it look like with all weather mats not under storage box, but leaning up against it or mat trim. It has to functional easy to remove mats.

Attachments

• 1616246318105.png
    1616246318105.png
    721.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 1616246370627.png
    1616246370627.png
    827.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 1616247547899.png
    1616247547899.png
    842.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
All of these units seems to stick out a bit too far and will overlap the all season weather mat and possible hinder access to the in floor storage areas IMO......If installed maybe the floor mat would have to be notched out or they won't sit flat?

Pretty sure they clear the in floor storage bins, except for the Tuffy maybe on the right side.

I wouldnt notch out the mat, there is a bump in the floor that is almost as high as the mat lip so will sit flat. My only concern was how easy it would be to pull the mats out & put them back in. The Du-Ha gets bolted in the other bins pull right out unbuckling a strap.

@CbRanch78022 _
7C487EE8-DEA5-48AC-BDD8-D4B2899ABDC9.jpeg
64501F80-74D3-47AB-AA28-561C1043B0B4.jpeg
E3B5243D-E8D8-47FB-BC46-E3BE71E50C5B.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like the factor under seat storage adjuster would need to come out?

View attachment 8452

View attachment 8450

Does the Du-HA base have any movement adjusters that would allow you to raise seats up, tilt box up enough to get all weather mats out?

Depending on what you put in there, it could be pretty heavy sitting on mats and every time you need to rinse the all weather mats out, you might have to remove the heavy items in lock box, to get weight off to be able to pull it out from underneath it.

Does it sag down or any play in base location? or is there enough room to mount lock box, so it does not touch all weather mats, I am assuming no.

If its locked in on top of mats, to increase strength when heavy items are put in, they should of made it slightly less wide or slightly less deep where it over hangs mats or and add a base tilt up feature to allow you to get the mats out.

Without this its either take all the heavy tools or stuff out, to be able to pull mats out, clean and struggle to get them back in.

View attachment 8447

All the factory pictures from manufacture have the box sitting on cab carpet not mats. That's the design flaw.

View attachment 8448

I know its twice the price, but it has a lid and lockable. This the best box out of them all, just he mat issue.

View attachment 8445

View attachment 8446

What does it look like with all weather mats no under storage box, but leaning up against it or mat trim. It has to functional easy to remove mats.

The factory storage organizer comes out with the Du-Ha when I looked at an installation video, for the Husky it stays in for the WeatherTec it comes out. Because of the way the floor is shaped, it‘s lower where the mats sit, it looks like all the weight for the box is sitting on the floor not the mats so it may just be a matter of it taking slightly more time to pull the mats in & out. I might have to be the guinea pig on this & let you guys know.

The pictures from Du-Ha’s site for the 1500 Crew have it with mats just not the all weathers.
C79BEAEB-0D20-4425-BD63-8E5FAD298BF0.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh okay, you said Underneath seat storage, give me a few minutes & I’ll take a pic of the in floor storage bins that are under the mats
Sorry, my bad. Thanks. I really like the idea of it but you are right, if it’s over the mats and it’s bolted in, I can’t imagine how to get the mats out unless you cut them and then how to you get access to the in floor storage if you can’t lift the mats.

Did anyone found a solution that doesn't take out the factory storage bracket?

The factory storage organizer comes out with the Du-Ha when I looked at an installation video, for the Husky it stays in for the WeatherTec it comes out. Because of the way the floor is shaped, it‘s lower where the mats sit, it looks like all the weight for the box is sitting on the floor not the mats so it may just be a matter of it taking slightly more time to pull the mats in & out. I might have to be the guinea pig on this & let you guys know.

The pictures from Du-Ha’s site for the 1500 Crew have it with mats just not the all weathers.View attachment 8459

I went to order one from the Du-ha site and it shows in-stock but then on back order when checking out. So maybe lots have ordered or they yanked it to modify design??

The pictures from Du-Ha’s site for the 1500 Crew have it with mats just not the all weathers.View attachment 8459

I sent Du-ha an email about install with the all weather mats. Even if it’s not iron-clad secure, I like the lid versus the open storage of the others only because most the time I’m lifting rear seat up and piling stuff in the back to head hunting and like the flat surface and not mixing with the stuff I’ll keep in the storage box. I’ll report back when they respond.

I sent Du-ha an email about install with the all weather mats. Even if it’s not iron-clad secure, I like the lid versus the open storage of the others only because most the time I’m lifting rear seat up and piling stuff in the back to head hunting and like the flat surface and not mixing with the stuff I’ll keep in the storage box. I’ll report back when they respond.

Me too. And technically in NY I can carry a unloaded 12 gauge in there, being lockable. And its much cleaner looking with the lid. Okay cool let us know but I’m not too concerned as the way it bolts under the seat it should be easy to tilt up slightly to get at mats, I dont plan on carrying hundreds of lbs in there. Imagine the lock box version gets installed the same way. Made in the USA too.

Last edited:
Back