Tomahawk

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX
Military
Army
Has anyone see this error message on their screen? “Battery of Uconnect Box requires service”. It’s a 22 with 1,700 miles. The message popped up yesterday and went away this morning when I drove it. 752FE6A7-4F81-41E1-A094-4D98EEC76866.jpeg

Yes I have as well, I’ve recieved it for a little while. Just recently I’ve been getting a “service brake trailer system”, even though my trx has never towed yet at 1500 miles on the 22’.

Seems to be a Uconnect 5 issue across several brands. I stole this message from a Jeep Forum. Hopefully they push an over the air update for the TRX as well to fix the issue:

Hello to our Jeep Brand enthusiasts,

We've been monitoring your conversations and hear your concerns surrounding your Uconnect 5 systems, and a "Uconnect Box Requires Service" error message that you may be receiving. We wanted to provide some clarification, to put your minds at ease. We can confirm that the pop up does not reflect an internal radio error that requires a dealership visit. We apologize for the concern and confusion that this may cause you, but please know that our teams are actively working on a resolution. At this time, we are able to confirm the fix will be delivered via an over-the-air update to the telematics box module (TBM). While our teams are hoping to release this software fix by the end of Q1 2022, this timing is subject to change at any time and we appreciate your patience throughout the process.

Please feel free to send us a private message or reach out to our friends at @UconnectCares on Twitter, if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Just got this error. Anyone know if it requires dealer visit or resolves OTA?

@RamCares Are there any updates to this issue? My truck is giving this error every single time I start it up. I'm on version FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD.

I had this error and it eventually fixed it self via an over the air update.

Before I left the dealer I had a 21 durango with uconnect 5 with this same error message and it plagued me. Long story short its 95 percent of the time a software issue if it just pops up randomly, I followed all kinds of useless bulletins to check connections etc. Its a well known issue on uconnect 5 on the dealer side. Witech (factory scan tool) actually has a uconnect error form to fill out and supply engineering with the fault code and concern so they can look into it.

My 23 promaster 3500 has given me the same message but it only happened once

Just a follow up on my reply earlier today... I did a factory reset and it seems to have cleared up. Yes, I had to reconfigure ALL of my preferences, but no more annoying message... for now. We'll see what the next few days have in store.
Seeing that message every single time I started up was getting very annoying. I even stopped by the dealer and they can't even do anything since it requires an OTA update.

Any update on this issue? Mine started this morning!

Attachments

• IMG_2496.png
    IMG_2496.png
    701.1 KB · Views: 17
I had this error pop up and the dealer ended up replacing the Uconnect module. The part # they ordered was 68541933-AD. They replaced it back in February, took about 2 months to get the part in back then. The radio worked fine, just kept getting that error message.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back