Uconnect 5 weather app issues.

Hpmaniac

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 gt500 2019 hellcat redeye
I already hate this new uconnect 5. The only thing better over the 4 is the faster performance pages imo. Anyway, when I click on the weather app I just get error message. I also can't find the page that shows fuel prices. I did a hard reset on radio and no change. Really miss the uconnect in my 2021 TRX.

I could never get mine to work either. And I have the newest software even.

Umm I'll have to look at my u connect 5. Only thing I like better about the 22's is the camera's that you can look at one side at a time. The rest of it sucks. I prefer the u connect 4 in my 2021 as it's not a stubborn to use.

I could never get mine to work either. And I have the newest software even.
Are you fuckin kidding me? I have a off grid cabin with no cell or internet service and the weather app and the weather radar is very important to me. If ram can't make it work I'll start a lemon law on this truck. Absolutely insane to pay almost 100k for a truck and have things not work especially when ram is aware of the problem.

Are you fuckin kidding me? I have a off grid cabin with no cell or internet service and the weather app and the weather radar is very important to me. If ram can't make it work I'll start a lemon law on this truck. Absolutely insane to pay almost 100k for a truck and have things not work especially when ram is aware of the problem.
I think with the transition from UC4 (SiriusXM Travel Link) to UC5 (TomTom TPEG2-over-HTTP) the data path for weather/traffic/fuel prices/etc moved from satellite (broad availability) to cellular. If true (and I'm not 100% certain) then the lack of cell service is the source of your problem. Sucks if true; the only way to resolve the issue is to get cellular service.

Have you looked into a cellular repeater/booster for your cabin?

I think with the transition from UC4 (SiriusXM Travel Link) to UC5 (TomTom TPEG2-over-HTTP) the data path for weather/traffic/fuel prices/etc moved from satellite (broad availability) to cellular. If true (and I'm not 100% certain) then the lack of cell service is the source of your problem. Sucks if true; the only way to resolve the issue is to get cellular service.

Yeah there's nothing at all. It's kinda cool but kinda sucks. I have my wi fi connected on truck so I have cell service and still nothing on weather app.

I have 5g and hold over 4g cell service where I am at and still no weather app.
I have a feeling that who ever is in charge of that is low priority

1648484187175.gif

I have 5g and hold over 4g cell service where I am at and still no weather app.
I have a feeling that who ever is in charge of that is low priority
Same! I purchased the cell service to get all of this wonderful integration that doesn't work. Seriously.... when is this going to work?

And is it just me noticing that you can't add the weather as a home screen widget? Am I missing something?

Why can't we all put in warranty claims through our dealerships? A few thousand warranty claims for busted Uconnect 5 should get thier attention!

I have the same problem. I was told the update would fix the problem. I finally got the latest update last night (S23.13) and it did not fix the problem. I have an open ticket and am continuing to pursue this. Will advise of any developments.

Guessing there’s no updated info on this… got my ‘22 in Dec 2021 and have never had access to weather… if anyone’s got suggestions on how to address it with Ram please share. Or if anyone knows of a factory-looking aftermarket replacement to the whole thing I’m all ears

Thanks

Never gotten Uconnect 5 weather to ever work.. We ALL need to create a @RamCares case and push to have updated.

It still doesn’t work with the new update. The new update is worse than the original software.

Guessing there’s no updated info on this… got my ‘22 in Dec 2021 and have never had access to weather… if anyone’s got suggestions on how to address it with Ram please share. Or if anyone knows of a factory-looking aftermarket replacement to the whole thing I’m all ears

Thanks
Mine eventually started working, maybe with an update. I don't remember. But I've never used it since lol.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back