Uconnect 5 is HORRIBLE

tylerhawara

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Toyota Tundra 4X4
I don’t even know where to start. The fact that Ram released this new (horrible) system with all of these bugs is so sad. This system has given me nothing but problems. First, it’s so glitchy. CarPlay barely works. System lags like crazy. Kicks me out of CarPlay randomly. The volume goes up and down by itself. Climate control randomly goes on and off by itself. I’ll click on the home button then performance pages open up randomly. While I’m driving, the system will reboot itself and stop working properly for the rest of the trip. There are so many more problems with this system. It seems like they rushed this system which is sad to put in a 100k dollar truck. Anyone else having problems with their systems? I’ve checked for updates but there’s nothing yet. Let me know.

Mine has worked (almost) flawlessly. Granted, it's only been 5 days since I got it. Only complaints I have are some twitching between day/night mode (when it's cloudy) and the fact that it starts up on a random page.
Maybe there's a connector loose somewhere, or possibly a loose fuse that's causing your issues?

Mine has worked (almost) flawlessly. Granted, it's only been 5 days since I got it. Only complaints I have are some twitching between day/night mode (when it's cloudy) and the fact that it starts up on a random page.
Maybe there's a connector loose somewhere, or possibly a loose fuse that's causing your issues?
i believe there's more than a firmware out there. Since you just got your truck @Eighty what FW you on? This way OP can figure out if he needs to simply update the software

Yes. My wife just went in today for her 2nd time for problems. Her 19 with a 8.4” screen was waaaaaaaaay better.

i believe there's more than a firmware out there. Since you just got your truck @Eighty what FW you on? This way OP can figure out if he needs to simply update the software
Mine shows Build Number: FCA-MY22-S21B.5-PROD

I don’t even know where to start. The fact that Ram released this new (horrible) system with all of these bugs is so sad. This system has given me nothing but problems. First, it’s so glitchy. CarPlay barely works. System lags like crazy. Kicks me out of CarPlay randomly. The volume goes up and down by itself. Climate control randomly goes on and off by itself. I’ll click on the home button then performance pages open up randomly. While I’m driving, the system will reboot itself and stop working properly for the rest of the trip. There are so many more problems with this system. It seems like they rushed this system which is sad to put in a 100k dollar truck. Anyone else having problems with their systems? I’ve checked for updates but there’s nothing yet. Let me know.

Did you perform the hard reset? It has helped many here...

Oh man all these Uconnect threads makes me rethink taking my 22....

Mine was great the first two days on my 2022 that I got 3 weeks ago. Then it just decided it didn't want to connect CarPlay anymore. So I deleted it and just use bluetooth now, well when that works which isn't all the time either. The auto switching from day to night mode is very annoying as it does it about 6 times when it starts getting dark. It has froze up on me about 3 times and twice it just started flashing like it was stuck in a loop until I switched screens. Truck goes fast so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oh man all these Uconnect threads makes me rethink taking my 22....
They will get this fixed and it’s something that can easily be updated. Don’t let that keep you from buying it.

I had problems the day I got it. I reset it a few times and Walla.

it's just software .. easy fix with a update that anyone can apply
It's not just software. Mine has been too the dealer for a refresh and it did make most of the glitches go away, but uconnect5 is still trash. The layouts suck and are way too limited, the camera options are pathetic, android audio still won't go full screen, and on and on....
It's just not up to standard with any of my other vehicles with a large touchscreen, and it's possibly worse than my last ram with the 8.4.

Honestly I had one of the first DT Limiteds purchased in 2018.. The 12inch was ultra buggy at first as well.. Within a couple software updates it became flawless. I even had the amp for the HK randomly shutting down . Then everything was great. about the only time it hung up after that was late into my ownership .. it just froze.. and simple reboot.. and clear.

I am not really sure what the expectations are sometimes.. or maybe I have more patience for SW/Firmware because I am in that sector kinda.. but these things happen with literally everything. Even 10 million dollar platforms that are responsible for housing a million subscribers on a wireless network.. that restart when you enter a semi-colon in command line..

I haven't seen anything where the HW was an issue "yet" .. hopefully it's all just random optimization in code.. and clean up/enhancements.

I had some of these same issues when they first came out with the large screen in my 2019 I was pissed but one trip to my dealership they actually replaced the entire screen and I didn't have any issues since ‼️ I know this is annoying asf I wanted to return my truck when it first happened but it was fixed and I was happy after that‼️ Seems to be the norm with these new systems my suggestion is have the dealership replace the screen or wait for the update but be sure it will be fixed for sure soon‼️🤷🏾‍♂️ Yes I know it's not what should be expected in a new 100k truck but it is what it is as it's the first roll out for a new system you have to bite the bullet till the fix‼️

Last edited:
Back