TRX Won’t Start - Houston

Yeti1016

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F-150
TRX won’t start & check engine light came on. Anyone had any good luck with dealers around the Houston Texas Area?

• Wow
Reactions: JTR
Use the menu on the center speedometer / tachometer cluster and see what the diagnostic code is

The check engine light is on. There’s no code?

Stay away from Autonation in Spring…. There is a 7 day wait for your truck to be worked on and diagnosed. They put you in line unless you leave your truck. It’s dealers like these that are driving rental car companies to be short on inventory.

Disconnect the battery for 15 mins…. Maybe?

Tow truck driver was able to get it jumped off. Now the screen is black.
Might just be a bad battery, left it at the dealer to get it checked out.

Screen comes back after all systems completely reboot, can take up to 20 mins. Wouldn’t worry too much about that. But the dead battery, could be a module remaining on after shutdown.

Anyway to know what module that might be? I do have aftermarket amp steps installed but they have been on for a few months with no problems.

if the dealer doesn't find anything, take the battery out to go get it tested at advanced auto. they do it free.

Take it to River Oaks... The really took care of me when my oil line came off and almost burned up my motor.
I for the life of me cannot remember the SA's name but when yo drive in he is all the way to the wall. He is an older guy been there over 30 years. He will remember me that is for sure!! Ask him if he remembers the guy from Fort Worth who had the line come off the oil cooler (found it when I was in there getting a new windshield) and they got me back in the road in a few hours!!!

Sounds like they already have it somewhere. Best of luck...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back