TRX with Leveling Kit and Behind Grille lights

The hidden lightbar is pretty trick. Where would you blind install cornering lights?

Good Morning TRX Community!!
Just wanted to say Thanks to all that have reached out with all the positive posts! You guys are doing what I love, and that is helping each other and sharing builds and ideas which makes this a great platform.

Leveling kit update: As to where we are at right now, we should have 100 2in kits available within a week. I have been working like a mad man trying to get this 1.5in nailed down. It's not as simple as it seems. just because it is listed as a 2 inch kit, it's not a 2inch block. The measurements have to do with the suspension geometry from where the leveling kit mounts to actual value/measurement it creates in wheel well clearance. The issue we are having with the 1.5 leveling kit is that is we are trying to get it as close to where you will not have to cut/grind the top of the strut studs. This is something I will refuse to compromise on. I have seen several installs over the years where other shops have cut the top mounting studs in half on a perfect fox shock mounted in a few different raptors to install a crappy leveling kit. We are not that shop. I am in process as to get this to its max tolerance (without touching the mounting studs), and have been working on it.
I will get with Al to see what the exact wheel well measurements are with the 2 in.

Light Bar update :
I am awaiting a delivery from rigid for what seems to be the last 20 light bars that they could locate for me in the us. Everything seems to be on back order. I do have different companies sending me numerous brackets to see what is closest to our custom made brackets. That way we can make it a perfect fit for the TRX. I will keep you all updated as much as I can. I will let you know, as most of you have figured out, that I did use 20 in light bars and there was plenty of room to breathe all around. I should have most of the brackets from different companies hopefully by the weekend if weather holds up.

Once this is all complete with all these different tasks, and if I'm not broke or divorced lol, I am going to try and work on an actual collar or an adjustable coil perch like in the Raptors. Also, as soon as the lightbars are in, I'll put a link for purchase. It will be first come first serve, of course, as I already have a list for orders and there's such a limited quantity.

Thanks , Sully
Autoworks Custom

Thanks. I will have to read this a couple times so that I am clear on everything. In my mind the distance btw the upper and lower mounts has a limit and adding a spacer in there will reduce the actual travel of the spring by whatever the spacer width is. It may not be noticeable to the vast majority of drivers but I can tell you is is noticeable on the Tundras. The bigger the spacer the rougher the ride. That is my reference and I understand that this TRX is a different beast. So I hope things might be different.
Sorry for the late response, but apparently someone ordered an apocolypse in Houston and it arrived over the weekend...
I think Sully might have mentioned it in a post here, but changing the mounting position of the strut can potentially cause some side effects. Having longer travel (ie, longer UCA/LCA, and more travel available in them) typically helps mitigate those unwanted effects. With less travel on the Tundra I'm not surprised that you get negative ride quality attributes as opposed to something like a TRX or Raptor. While there is a "limit" on the space available between the upper mount (fixed to the frame) and the lower mount (typically fixed to the LCA), the margin for forgiveness goes up a bit with a longer travel set up. Does that all make sense? I'm not saying a leveled TRX will ride exactly like stock, but it might. It might not. It's just more likely to ride like stock than a Tundra (leveled vs. stock).

Sorry for the late response, but apparently someone ordered an apocolypse in Houston and it arrived over the weekend...
I think Sully might have mentioned it in a post here, but changing the mounting position of the strut can potentially cause some side effects. Having longer travel (ie, longer UCA/LCA, and more travel available in them) typically helps mitigate those unwanted effects. With less travel on the Tundra I'm not surprised that you get negative ride quality attributes as opposed to something like a TRX or Raptor. While there is a "limit" on the space available between the upper mount (fixed to the frame) and the lower mount (typically fixed to the LCA), the margin for forgiveness goes up a bit with a longer travel set up. Does that all make sense? I'm not saying a leveled TRX will ride exactly like stock, but it might. It might not. It's just more likely to ride like stock than a Tundra (leveled vs. stock).
I feel like, I will get chewed out for this, with the truck being so high already and really only needing 1 inch - 1.5inch to sit level, how hard would it be to lower the rear an inch. This is a 5 link rear so probably a huge pain but it probably wouldn't compromise the ride quality by lowering the rear an inch and still get everything aesthetically for a level truck without a rake.

I feel like, I will get chewed out for this, with the truck being so high already and really only needing 1 inch - 1.5inch to sit level, how hard would it be to lower the rear an inch. This is a 5 link rear so probably a huge pain but it probably wouldn't compromise the ride quality by lowering the rear an inch and still get everything aesthetically for a level truck without a rake.
Lowering an inch in the back would likely result in less rear travel (depending on how you do it). Same can probably be said for raising the front (ie, less travel in the front). However, the ability to potentially clear a little more tire in front nets you the advantage of a little more ground clearance. It's debatable if either way is more advantageous. I bet most are wanting a front level for looks and larger tires.

Lowering an inch in the back would result in less rear travel. Same can probably be said for raising the front (ie, less travel in the front). However, the ability to potentially clear a little more tire in front nets you the advantage of a little more ground clearance. It's debatable if either way is more advantageous. I bet most are wanting a front level for looks and larger tires.
Yeah very true. If I level the front, Ill go 37s but lowering the rear an inch would only reduce travel by a fraction of an inch but wondering if its easier then lifting the front in terms of labor to install. Plus no alignment needed.

Yeah very true. If I level the front, Ill go 37s but lowering the rear an inch would only reduce travel by a fraction of an inch but wondering if its easier then lifting the front in terms of labor to install. Plus no alignment needed.
A shorter coil in the rear would do the trick, but it's probably more difficult to get a custom coil with the correct ride quality than it is to get a spacer for the front.

Good Morning TRX Community!!
Just wanted to say Thanks to all that have reached out with all the positive posts! You guys are doing what I love, and that is helping each other and sharing builds and ideas which makes this a great platform.

Leveling kit update: As to where we are at right now, we should have 100 2in kits available within a week. I have been working like a mad man trying to get this 1.5in nailed down. It's not as simple as it seems. just because it is listed as a 2 inch kit, it's not a 2inch block. The measurements have to do with the suspension geometry from where the leveling kit mounts to actual value/measurement it creates in wheel well clearance. The issue we are having with the 1.5 leveling kit is that is we are trying to get it as close to where you will not have to cut/grind the top of the strut studs. This is something I will refuse to compromise on. I have seen several installs over the years where other shops have cut the top mounting studs in half on a perfect fox shock mounted in a few different raptors to install a crappy leveling kit. We are not that shop. I am in process as to get this to its max tolerance (without touching the mounting studs), and have been working on it.
I will get with Al to see what the exact wheel well measurements are with the 2 in.

Light Bar update : I am awaiting a delivery from rigid for what seems to be the last 20 light bars that they could locate for me in the us. Everything seems to be on back order. I do have different companies sending me numerous brackets to see what is closest to our custom made brackets. That way we can make it a perfect fit for the TRX. I will keep you all updated as much as I can. I will let you know, as most of you have figured out, that I did use 20 in light bars and there was plenty of room to breathe all around. I should have most of the brackets from different companies hopefully by the weekend if weather holds up.

Once this is all complete with all these different tasks, and if I'm not broke or divorced lol, I am going to try and work on an actual collar or an adjustable coil perch like in the Raptors. Also, as soon as the lightbars are in, I'll put a link for purchase. It will be first come first serve, of course, as I already have a list for orders and there's such a limited quantity.

Thanks , Sully
Autoworks Custom
Appreciate all the work and communication you're putting into this. As a long term Rigid owner (since 2009 if memory serves me) they're products are worth every penny. Curious what mounts you recommend for a "hidden" application on the TRX. Got mine a few days ago and need a brighter option up front and rear.

Good Morning to the High HP community,
I just wanted to let guys/girls know that we are doing the install and testing on the 1.5 leveling kit this weekend/Monday latest. I will be posting results as well as pictures as soon as we are finished.
I am still awaiting the boxes of brackets to get the correct sizes for light bars. It was confirmed that I should be receiving 20 Rigid light bars (weather permitting) on Tuesday and will be getting them ready to post for sale as well. Thanks for all the calls/emails etc. I know a lot of you are going through some weather hardships, please keep an eye out for one another.
Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom

Thanks CP. I see your point. And if I think about my current setup, the OEM King coil over conversion with UCA, these have an adjustable collar on them as well. I believe they are adjustable btw 1 - 3“. Because the shock is so high performing the ride is not negatively impacted when the collar is screwed down to raise the truck. It is possible then that the TRX may be the same. 🍻

I just wanted to let guys/girls know that we are doing the install and testing on the 1.5 leveling kit this weekend/Monday latest. I will be posting results as well as pictures as soon as we are finished.
I am still awaiting the boxes of brackets to get the correct sizes for light bars. It was confirmed that I should be receiving 20 Rigid light bars (weather permitting) on Tuesday and will be getting them ready to post for sale as well. Thanks for all the calls/emails etc. I know a lot of you are going through some weather hardships, please keep an eye out for one another.
Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom
I bet you are sold out by lunch.

A shorter coil in the rear would do the trick, but it's probably more difficult to get a custom coil with the correct ride quality than it is to get a spacer for the front.
You got that right. Did you see the video where the RAM designers had to have the coils custom made because there was nothing like them ever made? I would not change them out. The designers put a lot of work into getting them were they are.

Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom

That’s great, looking forward to trying to 1.5” level.

Could you give us an indication of what will be involved in the installation?

Thanks.

1.5" LEVELING KIT

Good Morning,
So the original TRX that was supposed to be here didn't show up to dealer yet.(seems to happen a lot to people).
We decided to go with Plan B: Steal back AL's truck and modify the kit we originally installed.
Here are some pics of the final product.
This Is the 1.5" after the install, alignment and short test drive.
I have reached out to the manufacturing company we are going to be contracting with to see how fast we can get the first 100 kits to us. As soon as he calls me (fingers crossed today/tomorrow latest) I will have more info on pricing / timeframe of product to my door date. I am hoping (per conversation with Company Rep.) that we can have at least first 25 kits in a 1-1.5 week timeframe. I have a list of people already on waiting list from all over the country. I am also working on a direct link for purchase.

Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom

Attachments

• trx1.jpg
    trx1.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 410
  • trx2.jpg
    trx2.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 401
  • trx3.jpg
    trx3.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 407