Mad_Marc

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 2500, Ram 3500
Military
Air Force
Can someone measure width of their stock TRX? Im thinking of towing mine back when it arrives, need to make sure it will fit my trailer though. Online searches I've seen 88" but I think that's overall width of exterior. Would like to know width of outside tire to outside tire.

Thanks!

Can someone measure width of their stock TRX? Im thinking of towing mine back when it arrives, need to make sure it will fit my trailer though. Online searches I've seen 88" but I think that's overall width of exterior. Would like to know width of outside tire to outside tire.

Thanks!
My guess is it is more than the "standard" trailer width between fenders of 82".

My guess is it is more than the "standard" trailer width between fenders of 82".

Im sure its close or slightly over, trying to see if it can be done with a trailer with removable fenders. Deck itself is 102, its the between fender limitation im concerned with

Im sure its close or slightly over, trying to see if it can be done with a trailer with removable fenders. Deck itself is 102, its the between fender limitation im concerned with
Doable with removable fenders.

Umm, if the trailer deck is already at max legal witdth (102"), how can you have fenders and wheels outside of that?

I briefly thought about using my little gooseneck, with removable fenders, but decided against having the tires hanging partially outside the deck. And I tie stuff down quite well.
So it went on the overkill deck-over gooseneck instead.

Umm, if the trailer deck is already at max legal witdth (102"), how can you have fenders and wheels outside of that?

I briefly thought about using my little gooseneck, with removable fenders, but decided against having the tires hanging partially outside the deck. And I tie stuff down quite well.
So it went on the overkill deck-over gooseneck instead.

my buddy has a 102 but I think he has drive over fenders, that's all I can see.
mine with removable is 83 wide. I also have a 40ft deck over tandem axle gooseneck but that just seems over kill to go pick it up. was hoping it would fit on a regular car hauler but prob won't. Road trip it is

Maybe it was overkill, but the 32-foot tandem axle I used worked great. Protects the car much better, too.
All my low trailers are 83 or less between the fenders, and the deck-overs are 96-102. Made the most sense to use a deck-over, I thought.
DSCN3796[1].JPG

Maybe it was overkill, but the 32-foot tandem axle I used worked great. Protects the car much better, too.
All my low trailers are 83 or less between the fenders, and the deck-overs are 96-102. Made the most sense to use a deck-over, I thought.View attachment 20459
I agree, its only a few hundred miles from me. I read online somewhere that the width was 82.1", so just trying to confirm if it will fit. If I can take a 24ft vs a 40ft I would do that otherwise the wife and I will just drive it back.

They're 88 wide as I recall.
Hard to break in the gears correctly during a trip. Even the normal break-in procedure would be a bit hard to follow.

They're 88 wide as I recall.
Hard to break in the gears correctly during a trip. Even the normal break-in procedure would be a bit hard to follow.
88 is fender to fender excluding mirrors.

88 is fender to fender excluding mirrors.
Yep - which also happens to be the width from outside tire to outside tire, according to this slide:

1630892909555.png

With a track width of 74.4", adding 13" (width of 1 tire), you get 87.4". Either way, it won't fit between your trailer tires @ 83" clearance.

Question - if the fenders are removable on the trailer, what's the problem with driving over the tires?

Question - if the fenders are removable on the trailer, what's the problem with driving over the tires?
That's not an issue in my mind. I just didn't like the idea of having the outside of the tires not on the deck.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back