TRX v Raptor

Really well written article, thanks!

Great read.. Thanks for posting!

Interesting point : The TRX’s 118mph 1/4 mile trap speed is 13 mph faster than the RAPTORS & 3mph faster than the RAPTORS terminal velocity.

TRX vs RAPTOR
444E3FC0-03FC-4235-B842-D268A394770F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah that is a well balanced article.... thanks for sharing!

Owning a Raptor right now, I can already tell this wont be a close battle. A lot of hype around the motor but Ram won this with what they did with the frame and suspension. That rear axle could literally house the Raptors rear axle. Raptor simply stuffing the GT500 motor into the current Raptor won't win them any awards. They will have to reengineer the suspension and strengthen the frame to take the crown back....and this is coming from a Ford guy.

Raptors can currently be found with discounts......which can make the $ delta significant, at least in the short-term. I suspect the next gen Raptor, with a S/C V8 will be limited production and thus even more ADM prone than the TRX.

Raptors can currently be found with discounts......which can make the $ delta significant, at least in the short-term. I suspect the next gen Raptor, with a S/C V8 will be limited production and thus even more ADM prone than the TRX.

Not where I live. When I checked in, they wanted a 5k ADM citing limited inventory and no production. Wouldn’t budge. At 75+ 5, the 2020 raptor was within spitting of the trx.

Owning a Raptor right now, I can already tell this wont be a close battle. A lot of hype around the motor but Ram won this with what they did with the frame and suspension. That rear axle could literally house the Raptors rear axle. Raptor simply stuffing the GT500 motor into the current Raptor won't win them any awards. They will have to reengineer the suspension and strengthen the frame to take the crown back....and this is coming from a Ford guy.
Ford had to know the TRX was coming. I would guess the spying that goes on between the Big 3 rivals US v Russia cold war intensity....LOL. Ford has had Raptors running around with their rear suspension concealed for a year or more and consensus has been they are going coil spring too. Will be very interesting to see the next gen raptor reveal.

Not where I live. When I checked in, they wanted a 5k ADM citing limited inventory and no production. Wouldn’t budge. At 75+ 5, the 2020 raptor was within spitting of the trx.
Yes, it is often that way in different parts of the country. Local Ford dealer had a left-over 2019 Raptor on his lot with about a $6,300 discount a month or so back. I will admit they typically don't last long when you find one discounted.

Same thing here. I looked at getting a Raptor last year and had trouble finding one at MSRP, especially at the higher trims. These types of trucks are just highly valued out here in West Texas. Glad I waited to see what Ram did so I could get the TRX.

Around here too with 10-15 ADM... That's why I buy a majority of my vehicles out of state to get better deals under MSRP most of the time.

I got to go a Ford dealership next week to get the radio flash in one my cars, I should check and see if they still doing ADM with the TRX coming sometime in the distant future

Agree 100%

I got 5k off sticker for mine and a bunch of people have gotten more. Small dealers with maybe 1 raptor a year still think they can price gouge. Before corona, my dealer would have 20 on the lot and move about 10-15 a month. They were a volume dealer.

Back