TRX used inventory

ARD

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2006 Megacab Cummins
Hey guys, new here and contemplating 2022 TRX, but have a quick question. Looking around (besides cray price markups) I see a lot of low mile used TRXs for sale. By low miles, I mean usually below 2K and very often below 1K (eBay being prime example with multiple trucks for sale now). What gives? Is it pricing and the seller makes more on the sale than what they paid for them, or do they step into the TRX and then get dissapointed, thus selling them almost immedietly? If pricing, OK, makes sense, if the other, then would be nice to know th reasoning.

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Mostly quick flips, I’m sure. Lord knows I’ve been tempted to sell my 21 for a profit and order a 22 at 10k off. Some people here are doing it. I just love my truck and don’t feel like starting over.

VAF84

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
F250 6.7L King Ranch
Current Ride #2
F430
I don't know when the music will stop, but imagine you just paid $80k for your truck and immediately order another one. Wait five months for the new one to arrive, then seek buyers who offer you $90k for it. Depending on Taxes, you could potentially pocket $5-10k and you get your new truck with zero mileage all over again.

Here's another scenario. It's become apparent that heavily optioned Level 2 TRX's are lagging in production, while low optioned Base/Level 1 are getting turned around "quickly". Order one of each to get a TRX as quickly as possible. Then trade in the low optioned TRX for your high optioned TRX when it arrives. That's something I've honestly considered.

jmill012

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I don't know when the music will stop, but imagine you just paid $80k for your truck and immediately order another one. Wait five months for the new one to arrive, then seek buyers who offer you $90k for it. Depending on Taxes, you could potentially pocket $5-10k and you get your new truck with zero mileage all over again.

Here's another scenario. It's become apparent that heavily optioned Level 2 TRX's are lagging in production, while low optioned Base/Level 1 are getting turned around "quickly". Order one of each to get a TRX as quickly as possible. Then trade in the low optioned TRX for your high optioned TRX when it arrives. That's something I've honestly considered.
Exactly what I am doing. Found a 21 level 1. Ordered a fully loaded 22 level 2. When it comes I’ll sell the 21. Seems like the level 1 21 is bringing more over MSRP when trading than a fully loaded 21. Seems odd but it works for me.

TheTom

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Just did the same. I will have a 2022 black lvl1 with tow package for sale as soon as my lottery number is picked. I got a decent deal and will sell for $5k over MSRP. just to cover my costs.

Interested??

LrdDrkHelmet

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Hydro Blue
Current Ride #2
2021 239FS key west CC
Same here. Ordered a 22’ but wanted to play now so bought a lvl 1 22’ and will trade in when new one arrives..Heck even if I break even on a truck that is fun as this and had for 6-12 months I’ll take it

timinnd

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Rebel. 2022 TRX ordered.
Thinking about this scenario chaps my ass:

I buy it for 80k.
Pay state sales tax of $4,000

Don't drive it. Flip it. Sell for 86k.

Next guy pays state sales tax of $4,300

Drives it for 2 months. Decides he doesn't want it for some reason

Sells it for 83k
3rd guy pays $4150 in sales tax.

In 2 months...state has raked in 15.5% of the total cost of the vehicle.

I have wondered for many many many years how they can get away with this.

This is the way it is at least in North Dakota. Is it this way everywhere?

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
The peoples republic of New york... Long Island
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
In NY its worse. 8.625 sales tax rate.
Take Take Take
In NY when it's first sold they came up with a thing called tire tax that gets added to the sale.. $40 and a pile of reg fees.

Tell3131

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX Lvl 2
Thinking about this scenario chaps my ass:

I buy it for 80k.
Pay state sales tax of $4,000

Don't drive it. Flip it. Sell for 86k.

Next guy pays state sales tax of $4,300

Drives it for 2 months. Decides he doesn't want it for some reason

Sells it for 83k
3rd guy pays $4150 in sales tax.

In 2 months...state has raked in 15.5% of the total cost of the vehicle.

I have wondered for many many many years how they can get away with this.

This is the way it is at least in North Dakota. Is it this way everywhere?
Yes. Missouri is same way. Although the seller has a tax credit when he/she sells the truck and applies that credit on next purchase if done within 180 days of selling the truck. So there are some instances where the state doesn’t collect the “full” tax.

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
The peoples republic of New york... Long Island
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
Yes. Missouri is same way. Although the seller has a tax credit when he/she sells the truck and applies that credit on next purchase if done within 180 days of selling the truck. So there are some instances where the state doesn’t collect the “full” tax.
Thats great

shapiroeric

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
Military
USN 99-02
That’s why I bought my 21 for MSRP and kept my 22 order. I’ll put my 21 up for sale used for under MSRP to do a trade/ sell with the dealer. I don’t think I’ll have a problem selling my level 2 truck for $1K under sticker.

BusaDave

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M 2021 Black TRX Sold
The Tax thing in Texas is you pay tax on the trade difference only. So, in my case the new F250 Tremor is on a rail car now getting here in about 10 days and the TRX offer I have is just nuts. Ordered the 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7 X Plan plus a PCO from Ford. I will not be paying ANY sales tax on the truck value lol. Crazy times.

Goosed

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
No Ride
The Tax thing in Texas is you pay tax on the trade difference only. So, in my case the new F250 Tremor is on a rail car now getting here in about 10 days and the TRX offer I have is just nuts. Ordered the 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7 X Plan plus a PCO from Ford. I will not be paying ANY sales tax on the truck value lol. Crazy times.
How did you get the PCO? I have tried everything and can’t get one sent to me.

Tell3131

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX Lvl 2
This worked for me when we got our Expedition. Go to ford website and build your vehicle. There is a trade in estimate/offer thing. Fill it out and submit. I got a pop up for $1500 PCO and they emailed me the code for it. Just be prepared for calls/emails/texts from dealer.

BusaDave

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M 2021 Black TRX Sold
Just called Ford Marketing to reinstate my email and asked them to check and I had one already in my account waiting on me.:)

stojanowski

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Raptor
Military
Army
Hey guys, new here and contemplating 2022 TRX, but have a quick question. Looking around (besides cray price markups) I see a lot of low mile used TRXs for sale. By low miles, I mean usually below 2K and very often below 1K (eBay being prime example with multiple trucks for sale now). What gives? Is it pricing and the seller makes more on the sale than what they paid for them, or do they step into the TRX and then get dissapointed, thus selling them almost immedietly? If pricing, OK, makes sense, if the other, then would be nice to know th reasoning.
Did it with my raptor... Got 15k over sticker for my 21. Ordered a TRX for 9k off. Driving a 2011 Wrangler until it comes, it will be the kids first ride. Essentially getting a free wrangler out of the deal.

If someone wants to give me a little over sticker for the TRX, I'll order again and start over. I've made more on car sales this year than stocks

Claasicdrive

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW M6
Military
USAF
Did it with my raptor... Got 15k over sticker for my 21. Ordered a TRX for 9k off. Driving a 2011 Wrangler until it comes, it will be the kids first ride. Essentially getting a free wrangler out of the deal.

If someone wants to give me a little over sticker for the TRX, I'll order again and start over. I've made more on car sales this year than stocks
Each state has a limit on how many cars you can sell before calling you a dealer and requesting you get a dealer license and charging you back taxes . In AZ limit is 6 per 12 consecutive months...looks like TX is only 4 and this includes motorcycles, off road vehicles. Once you have a dealer license many dealers won't sell to you .

Last edited:
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com