TRX Suspension

Murray Kahler

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Hi from Australia, took delivery of my TRX a few months ago, what an awesome beast. Problem im having is because of our terrible roads outback(yes they are Tarmac), i find in auto and Baja mode the thing just keeps bouncing and shuttering across bumps, then in sport or Tow mode its too harsh like a formula 1 car just throwing you around because of the differing surface heights.

Question is, does anyone know of a software guru that might be looking at having a manual adjustment while in these modes, i thought if it was going to happen it come out of the States for sure.

thanks for any help.

Murray.

Hi from Australia, took delivery of my TRX a few months ago, what an awesome beast. Problem im having is because of our terrible roads outback(yes they are Tarmac), i find in auto and Baja mode the thing just keeps bouncing and shuttering across bumps, then in sport or Tow mode its too harsh like a formula 1 car just throwing you around because of the differing surface heights.

Question is, does anyone know of a software guru that might be looking at having a manual adjustment while in these modes, i thought if it was going to happen it come out of the States for sure.

thanks for any help.

Murray.
You probably have but if not take some air out of your tires, it helps lots.

Post a pic of the beast in the outback.
I didn't take any out bush, but this was heading up the beach when it was 3 days old, its now 2" lift up front and 1" in the rear. 37s sitting on 18x9 Methods, -12 offset.

Attachments

• 20210831_075922.jpg
    20210831_075922.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 20211016_193158.jpg
    20211016_193158.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 293
I think the suspension on the TRX tries to over-dampen, meaning it's constantly adjusting to every little bump and rut. In your case with such rough roads, maybe try unscrewing or disconnecting the rods that sense suspension travel. You will likely get a service suspension code but I'm curious if it would make a difference.

Have you thought about the hellwig sway bar? Might tighten things up so you're not having that stuttering feeling.
I did the sway bar and it's "clunk" city with that thing. I won't even consider putting in sport with that thing installed. It certainly tightened up the rear end, but it bounces like a 3/4 ton now.

I did the sway bar and it's "clunk" city with that thing. I won't even consider putting in sport with that thing installed. It certainly tightened up the rear end, but it bounces like a 3/4 ton now.
That's odd. They certainly improved the handling on ours but didn't noticeably change the ride quality.
Of course, I did do my best to eliminate, or at least reduce, any friction in the links and bar mounts.

Are things moving freely on yours, or did you use everything as delivered?

I didn't take any out bush, but this was heading up the beach when it was 3 days old, its now 2" lift up front and 1" in the rear. 37s sitting on 18x9 Methods, -12 offset.
Truck looks fantastic! I have the same color on order. I do have a question though. She looks to be squatting a lot with the trailer on there? Does that trailer have a lot of tongue weight? I tow a 26’ aluminum race trailer and definitely worried about her squatting. I tow the trailer now with my SRT GC and she definitely knows it’s back there.

I think the suspension on the TRX tries to over-dampen, meaning it's constantly adjusting to every little bump and rut. In your case with such rough roads, maybe try unscrewing or disconnecting the rods that sense suspension travel. You will likely get a service suspension code but I'm curious if it would make a difference.
Ok, shall do
Haven't heard of them before, ill look into it thanks for the heads up mate.
Have you thought about the hellwig sway bar? Might tighten things up so you're not having that stuttering feeling.
I looked into the Hellwig sway bar, but couldnt find anyone that has them and will ship to Aus, if any of you guys have a contact it would be much appreciated.

i think they are only to do with traction control, as in when the wheels come off the ground.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back