TRX Rear End Gear Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently order one in pathetically only red, white and black colors plus the price of the truck has gone up 5K bringing my 11K discount down to a much less appetizing 6K under! I truly hope Dodge cleans up their act and offers a varied palette if colors for the final 24’ ‘end of an era’ model year and maybe a ‘RedEye’ option to send this glorious truck off into retirement. Tell ya this much, if I’m forced to decide between those God-awful 3 lousy colors, I’m out, not buying a TRX to pay 5K MORE for hideous colors that I refuse to spend 94K(even with my discount) on! Dodge will have literally shit the bed and lost my business! Let’s hope they enliven the 24’ TRX for its final rendition before bending over inti full-blown, limp-wristed, poofmeister, electric car/truck status!!!! Such a criminal shame!!!!
Wait, I thought you ordered one for 11k off months ago? And if you had followed through when you were talking all big about finding some other discount dealer, you would have not only been able to get one in one of the other colors but you'd now have a 16k savings off MSRP.

I'm just waiting for a few 5th Gen trolls to wander in and start debating the 3.21 vs. 3.92 thing. It never ceases to entertain.

I'm just waiting for a few 5th Gen trolls to wander in and start debating the 3.21 vs. 3.92 thing. It never ceases to entertain.
Honestly I thought the 4.10s in my PowerWagon were too much even with the 35s I put on, 3.73 would have been a much better fit.

Make enough power and the low gears are not necessary. When they make the big power on the vipers the gear change is from a 3.55 to a 3.07. The car is much quicker with the 3.07 because you don't have to shift as often and therefore the car is spending more time accelerating. I think even with the TRX there will be a point where a swap to a 4.10 the truck will not be as fast because it will spend too much of its time shifting. Not sure what power level that is.
With the way the transmission is geared I really see no reason for 4.10 gears. especially after some power mods.

My 1500 with 3.21's hauls ass with a 5.7 hemi and the 8 speed auto and the 20" tires are about the same diameter. add over 300 hp to that and I'm pretty sure I could get it rolling,

I outgrew the kid stage a long time ago and comfort and style matter more to me than pee pee measuring contests. I want a TRX because it's cool and something different. the TRX will never be the fastest rig on the road at any competition so why work so hard to be somewhere at the middle of the pack. as Ricky Bobby's dad said , " if you're not first you're last ". so I'll be last with a nice unphucked up TRX .

Reactions: Two
I keep forgetting that some people bought an off-road truck to do quarter mile stuff in it.

Usually when a gear question comes up on a 4wd truck forum it’s to better it’s off-roading ability.

If I had a trx and I wanted to go faster down the quarter mile… I’d sell it and get a hellcat

I keep forgetting that some people bought an off-road truck to do quarter mile stuff in it.

Usually when a gear question comes up on a 4wd truck forum it’s to better it’s off-roading ability.

If I had a trx and I wanted to go faster down the quarter mile… I’d sell it and get a hellcat
Yep and unless you are rock climbing with it, the TRX has plenty of power to pull the stock gearing. I Offroad mine almost daily.

That’s the same mentality that says you don’t need 37’s or 39’s or additional lighting or power adders.
None of it is needed. All of it makes it more fun

For a true Offroad setup using full travel on this truck then the stock 35" tires are the best option. If just mudding or cruising then bigger tires might be the better option.
More lights are always better if your off-roading at night. can never have too much light.

For a true Offroad setup using full travel on this truck then the stock 35" tires are the best option. If just mudding or cruising then bigger tires might be the better option.
More lights are always better if your off-roading at night. can never have too much light.
For the type of off-roading @Fifty and I do, bigger tires make a huge difference. I was just in Baja for the Baja 1000 and the two trac from the race cars was deep enough that a stock TRX would scrape. The additional tire size for that alone would be worth it.

Wait, I thought you ordered one for 11k off months ago? And if you had followed through when you were talking all big about finding some other discount dealer, you would have not only been able to get one in one of the other colors but you'd now have a 16k savings off MSRP.
In fact, I wasn’t ‘talking all big about finding some other discount dealer’ 11K WAS the best discount I could find and I did purchase that truck. I’m buying another one and apparently Dodge is both raising the price on my particularly outfitted TRX by 5K AND for reasons that escape comprehension, are unable to offer the car in anything other than limp-wristed poofmeister white, absurd fire engine flamboyant red and utterly played out been there, done that black! This is insulting to every TRX buyer and will render the truck absolutely unacceptable to purchase, regardless of ‘forum discount’ for many pissed off potential customers! Shame on Dodge for these pathetic color choices!

In fact, I wasn’t ‘talking all big about finding some other discount dealer’ 11K WAS the best discount I could find and I did purchase that truck. I’m buying another one and apparently Dodge is both raising the price on my particularly outfitted TRX by 5K AND for reasons that escape comprehension, are unable to offer the car in anything other than limp-wristed poofmeister white, absurd fire engine flamboyant red and utterly played out been there, done that black! This is insulting to every TRX buyer and will render the truck absolutely unacceptable to purchase, regardless of ‘forum discount’ for many pissed off potential customers! Shame on Dodge for these pathetic color choices!
Shame on Dodge?
For a second, try to take a more global view......Dodge and RAM would like to offer all the colors previously available, but are likely at the mercy of supply chain issues and or supplier issues (@KnightMare for inside info?) . For instance, they contract YEARS in advance for paint supplies and color selections. When their supplier tells them they cannot fulfill that contract, Dodge cancels that color (no great drama). Even though the worst of the supply chain issues are behind us, they will ultimately dog us for years. So you can go on and on about it or accept it and move on, and buy a used TRX in a color you like.

Right there with ya.
Had the HC RE and it was cool as hell, but after awhile you discover its a one (maybe 2) trick pony. AND a quick way to land those (like me) with poor impulse control in JAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on Dodge?
For a second, try to take a more global view......Dodge and RAM would like to offer all the colors previously available, but are likely at the mercy of supply chain issues and or supplier issues (@KnightMare for inside info?) . For instance, they contract YEARS in advance for paint supplies and color selections. When their supplier tells them they cannot fulfill that contract, Dodge cancels that color (no great drama). Even though the worst of the supply chain issues are behind us, they will ultimately dog us for years. So you can go on and on about it or accept it and move on, and buy a used TRX in a color you like.
Agreed. Ram (not Dodge) didn't suddenly decide that they don't like selling other colors. It was a temporary restriction due to supply chain issues, and the restriction has already been lifted. The same has happened with many other options as well in the past year.

Right there with ya.
Had the HC RE and it was cool as hell, but after awhile you discover its a one (maybe 2) trick pony. AND a quick way to land those (like me) with poor impulse control in JAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!
What was the second trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back