TRX Production Latest "Confirmed" Update Thread

Headcase971

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Wrangler JK 2016
As there is lack of proactive, insightful or frankly any information from FCA and RAM, thought we could consolidate any confirmed updates within this thread as updates are starting to spread out across a bunch of other threads. Confirmed - meaning something beyond a robotic response from the FCA chat or customer service line, like from a trusted dealer or Ram executive. I have stopped asking both my dealer and FCA as neither have anything to say other than ... production hasnt started or there are some part/engine constraints or I will let you know when i hear something. Don't expect that there will be much to add for a bit here, but put a watch on this thread and add a post when you got something of interest.

I dont think we can consolidate any confirmed updates in this or any other thread. It is not as if people are intentionally spreading misinformation. The information that people are posting is valid as far as they know when they post it. The information is not flowing through official channels and no one other than maybe a few executives and project managers at FCA know what is really going on with this truck. We have to continue to assume, that since there is no update to or deviation from the original 4th quarter production goal (at least not publicly) that FCA intends to begin producing and delivering these trucks by the end of next month.

I like the idea of consolidated information, but posting a bunch all over the forum gives me something to do while I wait for my truck to exist. Do not take this from me, it is all that I have left.

BC1AEC65-3977-43DB-9A4E-AEB0FE947431.jpeg

From my dealership who I’ve had great communication and customer support from.

Last edited:
My dealer called FCA (his territory rep) for an explanation and all he got was that they were "behind"
I didn’t ask. It’s the same in all industries right now. Same issues with a house I’m building in CO. Even tho I started the process 10 months out the builder asked us to make decisions on specific items like cabinets due to COVID related procurement delays. So none of this is surprising.

About time I get some official news

You going to post this on the FB page? Be interesting to see if any of the factory personnel will chime in...
I did, its pending admin approval to post.

Thanks for this. Any "official" information is better than rumors. Agree with others though that is likely to slip more but maybe they are starting to hear the concerns and at least trying to respond (a little). (yea, it's Friday so the glass if half full today). Do some upgrades to my Jeep to hold me over for the months I have to wait still.

Thanks @Loops. I sent that to my salesman, asked if that’s what he’s seen as well & here’s his response (he told me when I ordered their allocation was 2 trucks)

“Yes, it is. We have 6 ordered trucks. Only yours and 1 other have vin numbers assigned, that means that they will be built first. I'm not sure about the others.
As always, I will keep you posted as I get any info.”

My dealer and FCA (via chat) are like talking to politicians, I ask the questions and they dance around the answers

For what it is worth. My dealer contacted me today. He told me that he had his manager contact FCA because he couldnt find anything new to report on my truck. What he came back with is that they were told that everything has been pushed to December 1st. Retooling the line took longer than expected due to covid social distancing restrictions. They dont know about when the first ones will be getting delivered, but they anticipate mid/late December.

I dont know how much of this is smoke and how much is true. Seems like the timelines that magically appeared in the last 24 hours at least seem to all mesh (sorta) so, looks like October 12th all over again...lets see if this one comes and goes with no change in status like the last start of production

goes along with my dealer infor from a week ago. FCA rep said my truck was scheduled to go into production week of nov 30. 11/30 is a monday, so if its scheduled to start dec 1, this makes sense.

I just hope they build them before Sleepy Joe, Kamala, and AOC mandate the ICE out of existence. Hold your Hellcats and Demons if you got’em Boys. Never ever ever going to see anything like what we have today. What we get might be better in some respects but it will not be the same.
Yeah I guarantee he's going to change whats current. This will be the second death of muscle cars/trucks.
We'll get faster cars going battery but it won't have the same feel and you'll have to sit around like your kids and let your hotwheels charge back up
1604764374670.png

As there is lack of proactive, insightful or frankly any information from FCA and RAM, thought we could consolidate any confirmed updates within this thread as updates are starting to spread out across a bunch of other threads. Confirmed - meaning something beyond a robotic response from the FCA chat or customer service line, like from a trusted dealer or Ram executive. I have stopped asking both my dealer and FCA as neither have anything to say other than ... production hasnt started or there are some part/engine constraints or I will let you know when i hear something. Don't expect that there will be much to add for a bit here, but put a watch on this thread and add a post when you got something of interest.
My dealer saying no idea.... I have already traded in my 2019 power wagon, dealer gave me great price...... now i sit and wait

I was told not to expect a delivery until late January...

Yesterday, my dealer confirmed I am status D with a VIN but no build date assigned.

Yes, read a few posts now where people traded in their current trucks/cars. That sucks. Pretty much resolved to myself that I might see my truck in January or February so the "pain" has subsided while i refocus on other things. Rivian R1T configurator comes out Monday so probably going to entertain myself with that - waiting for the bigger battery option that wont come out til January, 2022. Will have to decide if I hold on to the TRX or switch over to R1T or if i can find a way to extend to the driveway, have both.

Back