TRX NOOB

DudeTRX

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 RAM TRX LVL 2
Hello everyone,

I’m Mike from Texas. I just purchased a 2023 Ram TRX LVL 2, and couldn’t be more excited. I was thrilled to find this forum and I look forward to meeting new folks and learning more about this beautiful truck. God Bless America 🇺🇸

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new truck, you will love it. Post some pictures of it and get an anti theft system installed. The thieves seem to love a TRX in Texas.

Thank you very much. It’s an unbelievable truck. I’d actually really appreciate some advice on anti-theft. My brief research has only yielded a couple of results (IGLA and Ravelco). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much. It’s an unbelievable truck. I’d actually really appreciate some advice on anti-theft. My brief research has only yielded a couple of results (IGLA and Ravelco). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome. I am in Texas and I have the IGLA and Compustar T13 installed. no issues. my 23 is almost 1 year old.

Those are the 2 main systems people go with. Really depends on if you prefer to enter a pin on each startup or plug in a connector you need to carry on your key fob. I prefer igla cause it’s seamless but both are very effective choices.

One thing I have not been able to determine on either system is the cost. It’s sort of irrelevant to worry about such a cost for this kind of truck. My concern is that I may get overcharged in my particular area. People do that in these parts.

IMG_3363.jpeg

Congrats, nice truck! Cost for IGLA is $1200 and if you want to add compustar it will be extra. As for RAVELCO I'm not sure the cost. I can tell you this though get one of them on your truck asap or you won't have one. Do some heavy research on here and pick what best suits you. Josh @Air’d outSRT can give you the info to the IGLA installer nearest to you.

Last edited:
Thanks very much. Oh yes, I’m getting something ASAP. My TRX is under lock and key right now and I’m driving an old 96 Chevy. Thanks for at least getting me a ballpark figure. $1200 is a small price to protect that vehicle.

There is a lot of information about most “anti theft” devices and gimmicks on this page. If you have any questions about any of them just ask, I am very blunt and to the point though 😂

There is a lot of information about most “anti theft” devices and gimmicks on this page. If you have any questions about any of them just ask, I am very blunt and to the point though 😂
I’m currently trying to find an IGLA installer in South Texas. Thanks for any help 🙏

I’m currently trying to find an IGLA installer in South Texas. Thanks for any help 🙏
There is one in San Antonio, one that can come to you from dfw, 2 others in dfw and 2 in Houston. iglausa.com has a 95% current list of dealers

There is one in San Antonio, one that can come to you from dfw, 2 others in dfw and 2 in Houston. iglausa.com has a 95% current list of dealers
Thanks so much for that recommendation. I really appreciate the help. I got my truck last Wednesday and I’ve had to learn so much about this amazing truck. It’s like drinking through a firehouse when you realize what it takes to own one of these. Wouldn’t change my decision.

Just bustin ya Bs my man! Welcome to the crew.

If our homie Dudebro isnt cool with this then we'll have a battle royale between the dudes later in the year

🤣 No problem, brother. Happy to be part of this community. 🇺🇸

I was told to purchase extended warranty for the TRX, as well. Based on how much technology is in the truck it makes sense.

I was told to purchase extended warranty for the TRX, as well. Based on how much technology is in the truck it makes sense.
Normally we pass on that but we went for it on the Rex. Planning on keeping her a long F’in time

Here is by far the cheapest I've found genuine Mopar warranties. Usually we pass as well, but got one for mine. They're even running a February special.

Back