TRX of the Year 🏆
RAM-TRX.com Legend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
So my trx should be here week after next.
I’m ordering parts for it.

ordered a tonneau cover from @Johnny@JustBoltOns

about to order a blackvue dashcam system.

truck comes with running boards but may swap for mopar electric. Stupid question but you can’t do both right? So the power step comes out under the running board?

not putting in radar for now nor any performance mods.

going to wait on wheels until I feel out the brakes and then probably only if someone comes out with brake kit.

what am I forgetting?

It’s one set of boards or the other......congrats on getting your ride. Mines coming soon

If I do just cut off the exhaust after the x-pipe. Can I just pull the cut off section and leave as is or should I get piping welded to either side dump or rear?

I had mopar electric running boards and hard 3 piece tonneau installed. mopar boards show up in uconnect, pretty cool and they are almost hidden. I had owl cam on 3 cars, but they went tits up and the new group is charging a shit ton more. I’m looking at the Garmin dual cam unit this time around. The wireless Apple play adapter is cool so far. Works just like the wireless Apple play pioneer unit we have in an fj. The only other thing I can think of to add is an AR pistol, lol. I’ve carried a 10” for a while and ordered a 5” to replace it. Gives me more room for hookers and blow!

truck comes with running boards but may swap for mopar electric. Stupid question but you can’t do both right? So the power step comes out under the running board?

going to wait on wheels until I feel out the brakes and then probably only if someone comes out with brake kit.

what am I forgetting?

Sounds similar to what I am doing. I have my retrax ordered and mopar electric ordered. I highly doubt electric steps would work with another board installed.

If I do just cut off the exhaust after the x-pipe. Can I just pull the cut off section and leave as is or should I get piping welded to either side dump or rear?
Unless ur changing the rear bumper, do you think it will look funny with the stock bumper and no tailpipe to fill the void?

L
I had mopar electric running boards and hard 3 piece tonneau installed. mopar boards show up in uconnect, pretty cool and they are almost hidden. I had owl cam on 3 cars, but they went tits up and the new group is charging a shit ton more. I’m looking at the Garmin dual cam unit this time around. The wireless Apple play adapter is cool so far. Works just like the wireless Apple play pioneer unit we have in an fj. The only other thing I can think of to add is an AR pistol, lol. I’ve carried a 10” for a while and ordered a 5” to replace it. Gives me more room for hookers and blow!
Link to carplay adapter?

Unless ur changing the rear bumper, do you think it will look funny with the stock bumper and no tailpipe to fill the void?
I’m likely swapping the bumper but I won’t notice the missing tailpipes over the sound of a straight piped hemi. I could just fab straightpipes to bumper. Or get cutouts

what am I forgetting?
Thank you, I really appreciate the business.

Check out the Owl Cam if you haven't yet. I have that on my Rebel and man is that thing amazing. It's like a Nest camera. I have mobile alerts setup for movement / impact. https://www.owlcam.com/

I'm interested to hear about the Chinese wireless CarPlay adapter; the trendy crowdfunded one apparently has some intermittent connectivity issues, so I am very interested in how this one performs.

Owl Cam vs Blackvue?

Thank you, I really appreciate the business.

Check out the Owl Cam if you haven't yet. I have that on my Rebel and man is that thing amazing. It's like a Nest camera. I have mobile alerts setup for movement / impact. https://www.owlcam.com/
I like the owlcam features but the lcd screen is kinda annoying and each module only has one camera so struggling to picture the installation. Blackvue small form factor is nice. Any input appreciated

I like the owlcam features but the lcd screen is kinda annoying and each module only has one camera so struggling to picture the installation. Blackvue small form factor is nice. Any input appreciated
Congrats on the truck. I had my PW broken into 2 weeks before trading in and picking up the TRX. Would like to get one of these so interested in the feedback

what am I forgetting?
I really like my running boards that came with it.

I agree that is definitely an issue. I've had the Blackvue before and loved it, it was just time to try something different and so far I've ben impressed with the OwlCam despite it's size and LCD display which you can set to be off while you drive. Only comes on with impact (or what it thinks feels like an impact) primarily.

Two way talking feature is neat especially as a further deterrent if someone's already inside debating on stealing it. Instantly saved video clips to the cloud are plus in scenarios like this.

Worst case scenario, if the vehicle is stolen and camera is not retrieved, they will replace it at no cost.

Just put some cut outs after the x-pipe right before the muffler. That way it's only loud when you want it to be. That's what I'll probably be doing, I just need to get under there and figure out the diameter of the tubing. Do you have a decent exhaust shop out there that can do some fab work? I can get you a kit that will include valves, angled connection tubes (for coming off the stock exhaust), and flanges for bolting the valve into place. All the exhaust shop would have to do is splice in the connection tube, weld up the flanges, and maybe put a small turn-down tip after the valve if that's what you want to do. You would then also need to wire up the valves so they work. I've done that set up on a couple of G Wagons and they sound awesome. Sounds stock with them closed, and then gets pretty rowdy with them open.

what am I forgetting?
Off to a good start!

I ordered and received my tonneau cover thru Johnny at one of our vendor sponsors - highly recommended, fast shipping and great pricing.

I have also ordered the JL Audio stealth box to go under the rear seat. Don’t forget the glass screen protector for the massive screen - I ordered mine from Amazon.

Back