Founding Member
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX, 24 BMW X7
Current Ride #2
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo
I know there are a few groups that do it with Raptors (Texas Raptor Runs, EXO, Etc.). Their trips range from 3-15 days long running through the desert, Baja 1000 course, and other destinations in Mexico and US.

Is anyone setting up that style group run or would anyone be interested in it? If there is enough interest, I'd love to get a group together and set something up.

My thoughts of what it would look like:
  • Would be all inclusive (Hotel, food, and support (Chase truck, welding equipment, GPS help, etc))
  • Open to any vehicle that can maintain similar speeds in the desert (TRX, Raptor, pre-runner, UTV)
  • Require off-road GPS system (Leadnav, Lowrance, Garmin)
  • Require VHF radio (PCI, Rugged Radios, Etc)
  • At least 1 full size spare
  • Maintenance completed on vehicle

I’m in if it’s anywhere within reasonable distance from the Oregon. Mexico is super shady right now. Should include bail money in the package

I’m in if it’s anywhere within reasonable distance from the Oregon. Mexico is super shady right now. Should include bail money in the package
The areas in Mexico that I’m talking about aren’t bad especially when you’re in groups. I chase with a few teams down there and haven’t had any issues.

To your point though, things are still not like precovid and routes would definitely have to keep that in mind

The areas in Mexico that I’m talking about aren’t bad especially when you’re in groups. I chase with a few teams down there and haven’t had any issues.

To your point though, things are still not like precovid and routes would definitely have to keep that in mind
Good to know. The federales always try to arrest me when I go down there like there are laws or something.

Also I’m friends with the owners of papas and beer. Can probably get us vip/etc. The place in rosarito goes wild.

Good to know. The federales always try to arrest me when I go down there like there are laws or something.

Also I’m friends with the owners of papas and beer. Can probably get us vip/etc. The place in rosarito goes wild.
The federales always try to arrest everyone. Nothing $50 can’t fix.

The ampudias go hard at papas and beer. Plus their sons have some badass trucks. They’re down prerunning for the Baja 400 right now.

The federales always try to arrest everyone. Nothing $50 can’t fix.

The ampudias go hard at papas and beer. Plus their sons have some badass trucks. They’re down prerunning for the Baja 400 right now.
Ha. Small world. I went to school with one of the sons. Owns a ridiculously good mexi restaurant in culver city. Loqui.

Following!

Florida sucks. That is all. Continue with your convo.

PM Sent, Got something started. Would love to share the project

This seems like a good plan as well. Being in Western Montana I’m a days drive from pretty much anywhere in Oregon.

Interested (awaiting incoming order, two Raptors prior). We've done a couple multi-day self-runs around rural Nevada beyond Arizona. Most interested if Southwest runs too.

I am interested I have probably 10k miles down in Baja between exo and the Baja 1000 chasing it would be pretty cool to have a TRX run I’m not sure when I will get mine ordered on 6/28 but I am already planning trips I currently take my rubicon with the raptors all high speed stuff and some of the nastiest trails you will ever see I was supposed to go this year and pull the race car back from LaPaz to alameda ca but I couldn’t make it due to having vertigo

Definitely interested!!! I'm in Georgia so the SE is better, but not limited to depending on timing/locations. Just had a great weekend with TORR in GA over at Durhamtown. Waiting on more pics and drone footage and I will post them up. Gotta be prepared to damage your truck and make repairs if you are going to do these things. You can always join up and set out certain events if you're not comfortable putting your truck in those situations.

Attachments

• IMG-2980.PNG
    IMG-2980.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG-2968.JPG
    IMG-2968.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-2959.jpg
    IMG-2959.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-3070.jpg
    IMG-3070.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-3229.jpg
    IMG-3229.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 37
Definitely interested!!! I'm in Georgia so the SE is better, but not limited to depending on timing/locations. Just had a great weekend with TORR in GA over at Durhamtown. Waiting on more pics and drone footage and I will post them up. Gotta be prepared to damage your truck and make repairs if you are going to do these things. You can always join up and set out certain events if you're not comfortable putting your truck in those situations.
You got some serious air time in that one pic! Looks like fun.

Start at the 12min market for one hell of an epic jump!

Cool video, this is the things I am interested and excited to do. TORR has 4 events planned for 2022 over here on the east coast if any of you guys are interested in attending let me know and I can send you a link to their website or FB page. It's mostly Raptors at the moment just because they have been doing these events for 5-6 years. We need more TRX to join up so we can show them that we can compete or even exceed in these events. They are well worth it and we had an awesome time with the guys and events as well. This last one was a 2 day event over the weekend. Some of them are destination runs and some are more than 2 days, just depends on event and location. This coming year calendar is scheduled to be in VA, SC, GA and FL. Be safe out there and hope to see some of you at some events in the future!

A few more pics here. Hard landing that caved the skid plate and little damage to the bumper and some brackets. Other than that the truck performed great and had no other issues what so ever.

As far as the jump in the posted Raptor video, I think I got him, if not I would be willing to wager that I could easily.

Attachments

• IMG-2959.jpg
    IMG-2959.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-2968.JPG
    IMG-2968.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-2961.JPG
    IMG-2961.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2962.JPG
    IMG-2962.JPG