TRX Gas Mileage

Nitro

Administrator
🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
I have a feeling the TRX is going to be one thirsty truck. What kinda fuel economy would you expect from the TRX?

10 City - 15 Highway ?

Good thing gas is cheap right now!

As long as it’s no worse than my Power Wagon I’m good. I’m between 10 & 11mpg in town, and around 15mpg on the highway. I drive less than 8,000 miles a year so I don’t worry about fuel economy.

Hmm. I admit to never considering the mileage on a Hellcat...well maybe indirectly in that I was thinking about mounting a couple of those tall dirt bike style gas cans in the bed for extended backroad runs.

Hmm. I admit to never considering the mileage on a Hellcat...well maybe indirectly in that I was thinking about mounting a couple of those tall dirt bike style gas cans in the bed for extended backroad runs.
Ah yes, spare tires and a couple Mad Max style 55 gallon drums in the bed.
Yeah, I can dig it.

I have a feeling the TRX is going to be one thirsty truck. What kinda fuel economy would you expect from the TRX?

10 City - 15 Highway ?

Good thing gas is cheap right now!
I was able to get this on my last tank. I parked at the pump at exactly 400.0 miles and 14.1 MPG. And in case anyone has failed to notice, gas isn't cheap anymore. (I wonder what has changed in the country since this thread was started?)

TRX MPG 01-25-23.jpg

I was able to get this on my last tank. I parked at the pump at exactly 400.0 miles and 14.1 MPG. And in case anyone has failed to notice, gas isn't cheap anymore. (I wonder what has changed in the country since this thread was started?)
1st tank on the way home was around 10.8 highway/Interstate, 2nd tank was 10.2 around town. Currently hovering around 10 in town, still, my PowerWagon only got 9.5-10 in the winter around town as well and this one is more fun.

Oh and I'll take mean tweets over corrupt senile communists any day of the week.

Hovering around 11 right now, but you guys made me look.
Otherwise, I just drive it and fill when needed. Not really paying attention.

I'm almost always with a few tenths of 10.5.

View attachment 86724
Curious - did you do the math (with mileage and gallons)? My lie-o-meter is always pretty far off of reality. It will tell me I am getting 11.4 mpg, whereas the actual is in the upper 10's.

Curious - did you do the math (with mileage and gallons)? My lie-o-meter is always pretty far off of reality. It will tell me I am getting 11.4 mpg, whereas the actual is in the upper 10's.
Doing the math, it calculates 13.6 mpg. The computer is actually closer than I expected.

Last tank my EVIC said 9.9 and hand calculated was 9.6 for me. So far it's been pretty accurate but keep in mind if you are not reseting it with every fill up you aren't going to get an accurate result because it's a running average of your last 300 or so miles which can be greatly skewed if you had a highway trip for example during that time.

Last tank my EVIC said 9.9 and hand calculated was 9.6 for me. So far it's been pretty accurate but keep in mind if you are not reseting it with every fill up you aren't going to get an accurate result because it's a running average of your last 300 or so miles which can be greatly skewed if you had a highway trip for example during that time.
Agreed. But not once has my lie-o-meter been wrong on the low side - so it's still very true that it is inaccurate.

my average is around 8 mpg, typically range between 6.5 mpg playing to 13 mpg driving like granny on the highway

Back