TRX Door Emblem Swap, Add Hellcat Emblem & Custom T-Rex 3D Badge Emblem

These are just personal things, I think needed to be changed/added.

1) TRX rear tailgate emblem swap out of RAM side door logos.
2) Hellcat Logo added to front fender area
Colors match perfectly.

View attachment 5472

View attachment 5473

3) Needed a T-REX logo on exterior.
Designed my own:

The color combo looks really good with matching colors, gloss black, graphite and red. The TREX head is a silver and grey carbon fiber, that when head lights hit it, reflect the TREX head back to cars behind it at night. You can see from picture, just flash of smart phone, its sorta glowing in daylight.

View attachment 5474

View attachment 5479

View attachment 5476

Inspiration went off of the classic Viper GEN2 Viper logo Snaky Pete. 2D Viper head with background snake scales, coiled and popping up to strike with fangs out and a little smirk on his face. Saying, dont even think about it.

View attachment 5477

Just brought TREX head emblem to 21st century. TREX head is full 3D emblem with different colors and material layers, Different carbon fiber colors to give dino scale/skin effect, has all the nasty teeth showing and another slight smirk on his face saying, dont even think about it. Just good fun.

View attachment 5478

4) Add Hellcat supercharge dash plate over RAM center dash A/C plug area.

View attachment 5480

View attachment 5481

View attachment 5482

These are just personal preferences, but I think it addresses the areas that used the standard, general parts bin shared parts, from regular 5th GEN RAM.

Working on RAM head logo on steering wheel cover now with T-REX head and push button start cover now.
Just my opinion (and to each their own)...about the Hellcat emblems...it seems that anyone who knows anything about this truck will know it is Hellcat supercharged without the truck being marked up as such. Also, the TRX is a dinosaur - a Hellcat badge is confusing. Me, personally...I think I am going to keep the factory badges in place, but I did order the @tripleB designed set of badges. :love: On a side note - I, too, would like to see a subdued version of the carbon fiber license plate frame for possible purchase!

I took all my badges off, I like the clean look. You also get dirt build up around them, a lot easier to stay clean.
I'm thinking about doing the same for the RAM badges. How hard were they to remove? Did you use a special tool or thin pry decive. Was there any residue left? Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking about doing the same for the RAM badges. How hard were they to remove? Did you use a special tool or thin pry decive. Was there any residue left? Thanks in advance!

No hard,

Take blue painters tape and tape bottom line of RAM, Front of the R and Back of the M. This place holds the position of the RAM emblem location.

Then Hair dryer on medium heat, high fan over letter to remove for a minute. Then you can use fishing line or interior upholstery flat tool that slides under warmed up emblem and pull up slowly and the adhesive and emblem glide right off.

I like the non scratch upholstery tool with a medium width (as wide as RAM emblem) with beveled edge, to narrow width, that allows you to get under the emblem, padding and adehsive and remove everything in one step. Place letters on wax paper and you can reapply later.

If you dont heat them enough, part of emblem padding and adhesive stays on door. Same process apply hair dryer heat and the bulk of what left comes right off as it becomes a chewing gum consistency. Then 90% isopropanol alcohol and terry cloth to remove remaining adhesive residue.

To prep area for new logo, 90% isopropanol alcohol over area of new logo a few times removes any was, dirt, sealers and ensures emblem adheres, tightly.

Dont use heat gun, unless experience with one. You could tourch the clear, with too much heat.

No hard,

Take blue painters tape and tape bottom line of RAM, Front of the R and Back of the M. This place holds the position of the RAM emblem location.

Then Hair dryer on medium heat, high fan over letter to remove for a minute. Then you can use fishing line or interior upholstery flat tool that slides under warmed up emblem and pull up slowly and the adhesive and emblem glide right off.

I like the non scratch upholstery tool with a medium width (as wide as RAM emblem) with beveled edge, to narrow width, that allows you to get under the emblem, padding and adehsive and remove everything in one step. Place letters on wax paper and you can reapply later.

If you dont heat them enough, part of emblem padding and adhesive stays on door. Same process apply hair dryer heat and the bulk of what left comes right off as it becomes a chewing gum consistency. Then 90% isopropanol alcohol and terry cloth to remove remaining adhesive residue.

To prep area for new logo, 90% isopropanol alcohol over area of new logo a few times removes any was, dirt, sealers and ensures emblem adheres, tightly.

Dont use heat gun, unless experience with one. You could tourch the clear, with too much heat.
Awesome write up! Your detailed steps are excellent!!! You definitely helped alot of members! Cheers!

If anything, put hellcat badges, not redeye badges, down where he has the TRX badge. A lot of trackhawk guys do that. The rest, not so much.

Just my opinion (and to each their own)...about the Hellcat emblems...it seems that anyone who knows anything about this truck will know it is Hellcat supercharged without the truck being marked up as such. Also, the TRX is a dinosaur - a Hellcat badge is confusing. Me, personally...I think I am going to keep the factory badges in place, but I did order the @tripleB designed set of badges. :love: On a side note - I, too, would like to see a subdued version of the carbon fiber license plate frame for possible purchase!
And the it still has another animal marking on it. RAM.....😂😂. 3 animal markings on one vehicle.... sounds like a confused truck.. I have the trx badges. May need them alittle smaller. Hard to fit in the contours of the truck. Even where it says ram... anyways. I had ordered these hellcat badges. Take a look

Attachments

• D5E44EAA-D84C-47EB-BCB6-435E25B947A5.jpeg
    D5E44EAA-D84C-47EB-BCB6-435E25B947A5.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 239
And the it still has another animal marking on it. RAM.....😂😂. 3 animal markings on one vehicle.... sounds like a confused truck.. I have the trx badges. May need them alittle smaller. Hard to fit in the contours of the truck. Even where it says ram... anyways. I had ordered these hellcat badges. Take a look
Truck looks great! :) "Sounds like a confused truck"...for sure. :) Nice job on the application of yours. :) I'm still waiting on my truck to land at my dealer from transit. Hoping maybe for next week.

Truck looks great! :) "Sounds like a confused truck"...for sure. :) Nice job on the application of yours. :) I'm still waiting on my truck to land at my dealer from transit. Hoping maybe for next week.
Those that have had those annoying unfortunate issues has me listening for every sound and looking under the truck everyday for any leaks. But so far so good. Looking forward to leaving in a couple days to the Carolinas as I break her in nice and smooth.

I ordered white and I think I’m going to remove the RAM badges on the side and replace with TRX as on the tailgate with the hellcat emblem at the end of it on both sides.

Also going to remove the 4x4 from the tailgate and add a hellcat emblem back there somewhere as well and call it good.

Plan on sticking with the same matte black for all the emblems on the white truck.

This looks great!! Really, who cares what other think!! As long as you like it, that's all that matters!!

I'm digging the Door panel TRX emblems!!

How do we get the TREX 3d logo?

Much like Okie said above.... As long as you like it, you're good. I like repositioning the TRX to the door. Nice touch.

Like mentioned above, the @tripleB emblems were created to stick with the Dodge theme of the Viper, Hellcat and Demon. Carrying the design elements over to the new badges was important for me which is why I went with those. Like you, I felt the theme needed to be carried into the interior of the vehicle (like the vehicles mentioned) so I'm having some custom touches done as well.

Is it confusing? Maybe. Does it make you smile when you see that bad biotch in your garage? Okay then. 😎

See you at the pump,

J

These are just personal things, I think needed to be changed/added.

1) TRX rear tailgate emblem swap out of RAM side door logos.
2) Hellcat Logo added to front fender area
Colors match perfectly.

View attachment 5472

View attachment 5473

3) Needed a T-REX logo on exterior.
Designed my own:

The color combo looks really good with matching colors, gloss black, graphite and red. The TREX head is a silver and grey carbon fiber, that when head lights hit it, reflect the TREX head back to cars behind it at night. You can see from picture, just flash of smart phone, its sorta glowing in daylight.

View attachment 5474

View attachment 5479

View attachment 5476

Inspiration went off of the classic Viper GEN2 Viper logo Snaky Pete. 2D Viper head with background snake scales, coiled and popping up to strike with fangs out and a little smirk on his face. Saying, dont even think about it.

View attachment 5477

Just brought TREX head emblem to 21st century. TREX head is full 3D emblem with different colors and material layers, Different carbon fiber colors to give dino scale/skin effect, has all the nasty teeth showing and another slight smirk on his face saying, dont even think about it. Just good fun.

View attachment 5478

4) Add Hellcat supercharge dash plate over RAM center dash A/C plug area.

View attachment 5480

View attachment 5481

View attachment 5482

These are just personal preferences, but I think it addresses the areas that used the standard, general parts bin shared parts, from regular 5th GEN RAM.

Working on RAM head logo on steering wheel cover now with T-REX head and push button start cover now.
Love the TRX bed badge on the doors instead of the RAM. How messy/difficult was it removing the RAM emblems on the doors? What tools chemicals you use?

Love the TRX bed badge on the doors instead of the RAM. How messy/difficult was it removing the RAM emblems on the doors? What tools chemicals you use?
Very simple removal. Use heavy fishing line held between your hands as a “saw” if you will to cut thru the tape on the back of the badge. Once off (it’s quick) a eraser wheel in your drill takes the adhesive left on the truck off in seconds. Polish and done.

I ordered white and I think I’m going to remove the RAM badges on the side and replace with TRX as on the tailgate with the hellcat emblem at the end of it on both sides.

Also going to remove the 4x4 from the tailgate and add a hellcat emblem back there somewhere as well and call it good.

Plan on sticking with the same matte black for all the emblems on the white truck.
There is also the srt with a hellcat all in one

Are there any license plates for the front? Like a raptor sitting limp in a trex mouth. #boom. I can’t even draw stick figures correctly. Soooo those that are artists. Maybe some money to be made.

Where can I order some Hellcat badges for the fenders

Where can I order some Hellcat badges for the fenders

Here is a selection of every color, size and different emblems.

Once you find the Mopar part number you can just put part number in google search.

1620729229732.png

Pep Boys would be proud.

Back