TRX competitors

Apache

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Any opinions? The Ford Raptor, of course, but also, there'll be hi-performance versions of the new Defender with a 575 hp engine. Also, Chevy has been hinting a Silverado Bison, and a Nissan Titan with the GTR engine would boost sales exponentaily. (Did I spell that right?)

I don't think they will have any direct competition for a few years. I can't see anyone else releasing a vehicle with that much horsepower. As long as we don't see any major issues with the TRX, RAM will be king of the throne for some time.

What about aftermarket? You can buy a 1000 hp jeep gladiator from hennesy.

Actually, there will be a vehicle available soon with much more power and torque, but, there is a catch . . .

The rumored Chevrolet Silverado ZRX may get a Supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 Engine. That could pose some competition for the TRX.

Any opinions? The Ford Raptor, of course, but also, there'll be hi-performance versions of the new Defender with a 575 hp engine. Also, Chevy has been hinting a Silverado Bison, and a Nissan Titan with the GTR engine would boost sales exponentaily. (Did I spell that right?)
For me the primary attraction, other than it being a Ram is the long travel/high speed suspension. 500, 600, 700hp is all good from my point of view and any would make it a great high desert road runner. Before hearing of the TRX I planned on getting a Raptor but just can’t quite wrap my head around the reliability or longevity of its twin turbo V6.

Nothing with a decidedly performance oriented market should have “eco” anything in its name. Its a literal contradiction.

Has anyone looked at the specs on the Rivian R1T. Yes, its electric but boasting it will deliver 750HP with max towing of 11k pounds. Up to 400 miles on a charge and 0-60 in 3 secs. Timing is November but also been impacted by the pandemic.

Nikola’s Badger is boasting 1,000 hp/torque.
However, cold temperatures, distance towing, and mountainous terrain all reduce range considerably.

There are different kinds of people. Some people look at nothing but numbers, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds! Some people are happy with 0-60 in 9.5 seconds if accompanied by the sound of a healthy V8 engine. A dual-clutch automatic is going to be quicker than manual shifting but some people just enjoy the mechanical interaction......just ask Porsche. They went auto only with the 911 GT3 and customers howled even though nearly everyone agreed the PDK was as superior transmission for the track.

There are different kinds of people. Some people look at nothing but numbers, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds! Some people are happy with 0-60 in 9.5 seconds if accompanied by the sound of a healthy V8 engine. A dual-clutch automatic is going to be quicker than manual shifting but some people just enjoy the mechanical interaction......just ask Porsche. They went auto only with the 911 GT3 and customers howled even though nearly everyone agreed the PDK was as superior transmission for the track.

I want a GT3 touring badly for that mechanical action, scream 9000RPM! Glorious ha

GT3's are so organic and fun to drive.... all day long...

And that's the difference.. Congrats that Rivian/badger/Tesla can go 0-60 fast... once..... :) I can do it all day long in the new TRX as long as there is a gas station close. You also can't get all those things together.. 400 miles on a charge, 11k towing and 0-60.. sounds good on the outset until you realize a.) how many of us REALLY need to tow 11k..., B.) it takes me 4 minutes to get another 400miles range (filling up with fuel) how long does it take you and C.) when I turn my car on.... well.. lets just say the v8 rumble does it.....

Not to say its not a good car, its got its place. I was cruising around in a Tesla last night... just not for me.. I enjoy driving too much.

I want a GT3 touring badly for that mechanical action, scream 9000RPM! Glorious ha

BTW if you are ever in ATL, schedule a long layover at the airport and go do the Porsche Experience... Its a fun 2hrs in someone elses GT3 lol

Or if you're near Birmingham, AL, carve-out 2 days for the Porsche driving school at BMSP (Barber Motor Sports Park). It is pricey but, I am told, well worth it. Or just just by and visit the museum. Barber has one of the largest, if not the largest motorcycle collections in the world......it is an amazing place.

Or if you're near Birmingham, AL, carve-out 2 days for the Porsche driving school at BMSP (Barber Motor Sports Park). It is pricey but, I am told, well worth it. Or just just by and visit the museum. Barber has one of the largest, if not the largest motorcycle collections in the world......it is an amazing place.
I totally second that. BMSP is awesome! Great museum. I haven't done the driving school, its on my to do list, but in a few weeks I'm doing the AMG driving academy and then I have Dirtfish to check off the list :)

I totally second that. BMSP is awesome! Great museum. I haven't done the driving school, its on my to do list, but in a few weeks I'm doing the AMG driving academy and then I have Dirtfish to check off the list :)

Barber 1.jpg

While I'm all for electric vehicles, the current crop just doesn't excite me. I just don't like the way the Tesla looks and there are no real trucks or SUV's yet that I could purchase. On a separate note, as long as in the US our grid is using fossil fuel and the percent of renewable is so low, the move to electric cars just moves the problem from your neighborhood to where the electric power is generated. It is not a bad thing, just not worth the premium in my mind.
Once we have a government that invests in infrastructure like Germany and France did, the case for electric will be a lot better!

Electric vehicles are for the golf course. I'll drive one, when and if I have to. Otherwise, I am thankful, every day, that we live in a country where you can buy a 700+HP pickup truck....with a warranty no less.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back