TRX brake upgrades

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Got a response back from Brembo yesterday about an aftermarket kit... Seems like there may be a possibility down the line for a kit but it may be a while from Brembo. I got an email out to Wilwood and Baer if they have something in the works as well.
1600463471455.png

Got a response back from Brembo yesterday about an aftermarket kit... Seems like there may be a possibility down the line for a kit but it may be a while from Brembo. I got an email out to Wilwood and Baer if they have something in the works as well.
View attachment 657
Nice to see some integrity ! Geez a company doing the right thing for the customer by not producing something not needed! Love to see this... thanks for the info Knightmare!

What are the stock brakes? 4 piston brembos? What is stock rotor size?

What are the stock brakes? 4 piston brembos? What is stock rotor size?
OEM (Non-Brembo) 15” rotors front and rear with 4 piston front and 2 piston rear calipers.

X

I still can't find any info on the stopping distance. I guess they didn't make available any trucks to journalists for driving impressions.

I liked how they worded their impression of the current generation Ram brakes: "it was surprisingly noted that the brakes were quite strong compared to other truck brands".
I feel like we just got an A+ on a math test :)

I liked how they worded their impression of the current generation Ram brakes: "it was surprisingly noted that the brakes were quite strong compared to other truck brands".
I feel like we just got an A+ on a math test :)

Right lol. Looking at all the safety documents I see they tried to make the TRX as safe as possible especially with all the brake tech

Car & Driver numbers in the picture. Top left Raptor, Top right TRX, bottom 2018 Durango SRT (only vehicle I own with Brembo). After looking at the numbers it appears the brakes the TRX is sporting are pretty fantastic. 70-0 is only 22 ft farther than the Durango, which from personal experience will stop very fast and aggressively. I had power stop brakes & rotors on my 2010 RAM and never could get close to the stopping power of our Durango. Also found C&D numbers for the 2020 RAM Rebel 70-0 is 179ft.
C9F29746-7343-4E3B-AAAF-66B884C3D3F8.jpeg

I've read that the TRX suffers from some pretty bad brake fade after a couple of hard stops. I wonder if the trackhawk calipers could be adapted to fit the TRX?

Very nice ! I do think an upgradeable option would be ideal for the TRX but time will tell.

I've read that the TRX suffers from some pretty bad brake fade after a couple of hard stops. I wonder if the trackhawk calipers could be adapted to fit the TRX?

TrackHawk brake specs. just assuming here, but to get the upgraded Trackhawk Brembo 6 piston caliper, does it need the 20" wheel package?

1616602665251.png

1616602684990.png

1616602786778.png

Trackhawk comes with 20" rims.

1616602983292.png

TRX rims are 18" and there is no room left.

1616603195925.png

Better braking system = 20" rims = spare wont fit in under bed storage. Its always something.

Other thread

That's crazy to see the brakes are literally almost the exact same as the regular 1500. Just .1 and .2 inches to "claim" the largest brakes in the segment LOL
The sizes are actually the same in the metric measurements; it looks like Ram just changed how they were rounding (378mm=14.88 inches and 375mm=14.76 inches, each of which Ram rounds to 15 in the more recent specs).

Would there be a better brake pad for no break dust at this point using original rotors? If so who makes the best & part number possibly?

better quality pads, stainless lines, and 2-piece rotor about all you'll get unless you go custom atm.

Back