TRX beats a C8 corvette up to 100mph

Interesting but the C8 can do 0-60 in the low 3s at worst so to me something is not adding up here.

Interesting but the C8 can do 0-60 in the low 3s so to me something is not adding up here.
I'm Assuming it is all traction. To get the 0 to 60 in 2.9 secs did GM have to prep the track?

I noticed this on my hellcat and my AMG C63. The times are sooo hard to hit on normal street conditions because the tires spin so easy.

Plus, Hennessey is trying to sell their 1000hp package. I would think if it was a setup, they would set it up for the TRX to pull on the Vette but for the TRX to lose by a much larger margin.

Either way. Cool to see and crazy to think the race is even close?!?!.. 6400 pounds vs. 3650.

I'm Assuming it is all traction. To get the 0 to 60 in 2.9 secs did GM have to prep the track?

I noticed this on my hellcat and my AMG C63. The times are sooo hard to hit on normal street conditions because the tires spin so easy.

Plus, Hennessey is trying to sell their 1000hp package. I would think if it was a setup, they would set it up for the TRX to pull on the Vette but for the TRX to lose by a much larger margin.

Either way. Cool to see and crazy to think the race is even close?!?!.. 6400 pounds vs. 3650.
On the street. The mid engine is a great setup. I really look forward to the Z06.

My original comment stands. On a very good day, we can hit mid 3s. The C8 does that on a bad day. Still fun to be in the convo given completely different vehciles.

On the street. The mid engine is a great setup. I really look forward to the Z06.

My original comment stands. On a very good day, we can hit mid 3s. The C8 does that on a bad day. Still fun to be in the convo given completely different vehciles.
Oh don't get me wrong. I was in line to get a C8. I love the car. I backed out when the time to place the order came along. Just not practical for me as I have 2 younger kids. Would have to have a daily and the Vette. Did this in the past with a C6 and only drove it 8K miles in 7 years.

Oh don't get me wrong. I was in line to get a C8. I love the car. I backed out when the time to place the order came along. Just not practical for me as I have 2 younger kids. Would have to have a daily and the Vette. Did this in the past with a C6 and only drove it 8K miles in 7 years.
I said the same thing about my Redeye, going to be my DD. Ended up buying a Cherokee then a Rubicon and now here sits the Redye...2K in 2 years LOL. My driving season is missing a few months though.

Last edited:
I said the same thing about me Redeye, going to be my DD. Ended up buying a Cherokee then a Rubicon and now here sits the Redye...2K in 2 years LOL. My driving season is missing a few months though.
Same boat but worse.....2015 HellCat Challenger 3260 original miles on it. Really only comes out for the occasional track day or weekend cruise. When it does come out....it gets hammered....HARD lol

Interesting but the C8 can do 0-60 in the low 3s at worst so to me something is not adding up here.

This TRX is modded by Hennessey I believe. 900+ HP.

This was their run before the mod. He mentions it in the video.

Oh wow. That does seem odd.

The hellcat does seem to love cold weather (wonder what the temps were) and the four wheel drive probably helps. But yea, would think the vette would handle it pretty well.

Oh wow. That does seem odd.

The hellcat does seem to love cold weather (wonder what the temps were) and the four wheel drive probably helps. But yea, would think the vette would handle it pretty well.
They are just outside of Sealy, TX. 45 Minutes away from my door step. Probably around 60 to 72, depending on the day they filmed.

I have a C8 and the launches on the C8 in that video were pretty bad ones. I am not surprised the TRX came off the line much quicker and held the lead for a good while but it felt like it held the lead a little too long before the C8 caught up. I have been able to hit 3 seconds 0-60 on the road a few times. Haven't been able to crack 3 myself. A few people in good conditions have hit 2.7 seconds. Either way off the line the TRX will mop the C8 10 times out of 10. Huge traction and power advantage.

The fact this is even a conversation for a stock half ton truck is awesome. And given I can keep pace with the c8 and then go blasting off-road up some canyon to fish in the middle of no where 10 minutes later is awesomer.
Exactly why I think this is the most badass modern day vehicle. So versatile yet so brutally quick. MPG be damned! Was able to see a LE in person yesterday. Far exceeded my expectations on appearance. It’s huge! Can’t wait to pick mine up!

exactly why i bought the TRX....3 kids....fast truck first, then down the road when I dont have to haul so many kids ill get the 2 seater

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back