TRX Base model

T-bone

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 2500
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2022 TRX.
Looking at ordering the Base Red interior or level 1 and had some questions listed below in bold . Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Upgrade for Level #1 include
  • Body-Color Door Handles
  • Wrapped Driver and Passenger Assist Handles
  • Front-Door Accent-Lighting , are lights in doors ?
  • Full-Length Premium Upgraded Floor-Console. What is the difference between upgraded and base?
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Instrument-Panel LED Ambient-Light Piping Anybody have pictures of this?
  • Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • Luxury Front Door Trim Panel
  • Bright Pedal Kit
  • Pick-Up Box Lighting
  • 8-Way Power Driver and Passenger Seats
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Premium Wrapped Instrument-Panel Bezel What is the difference between premium and base?
  • Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Rear-Door Accent-Lighting
  • Rear Under-Seat Storage Compartment
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Sun-Visors with Illuminated Vanity-Mirrors Do base sun visors have mirrors or lights
  • Universal Garage-Door Opener

1) 3 lights in each door panel, front and back. Handle, map pocket and bottom bin.
2) Premium console has stitched leather along the sides instead of plastic. And the arm rest is leather and alcantara instead of vinyl.
3) There are accent lights above the upper glovebox, ignition button, and left side of cluster. See attached photo, it shows the glovebox ambient light pretty good.
4) Premium instrument panel is wrapped in real leather and alcantara instead of vinyl and plastic. Arrows in photo show what’s either plastic or vinyl on the base truck. Only the upper dash is (fake) stitched on the base truck, everything else in this pic is plain on those trucks.
48F66289-FB80-4A33-8898-D7C9A900F36B.jpeg

Overall there is a huge difference in the quality and detail of the L1/L2 interior compared to the base. For a few grand more, I don’t think you go wrong with at least a Level 1.

@OnTheReel did a great job answering the questions above. As for the sun visor, the base has no mirror, lights, or programable garage buttons on visor on driver's side and the passenger has lights and mirrors.

With all that said, I purposefully ordered a base because I liked the physical appearance of the red interior more than black and I wanted to avoid the alcantara. The level 1 and 2 have a nicer touch and feel with the leather, but the base does not feel cheap and the red interior of the base looks even better in person IMO.

Great answers. Thanks a ton guys . We stopped at a dealer yesterday. They had no TRX's to look at but they did have a Ram Rebel with a red interior. I am assuming this is very similar to the base TRX 's ? It was nice and the wife loved it, but didn't have a level 1 or 2 to compare it too either.

Great answers. Thanks a ton guys . We stopped at a dealer yesterday. They had no TRX's to look at but they did have a Ram Rebel with a red interior. I am assuming this is very similar to the base TRX 's ? It was nice and the wife loved it, but didn't have a level 1 or 2 to compare it too either.
I used to like my Rebel red interior, in fact liked it so much I planned on having it in my TRX. I saw the TRX L1/L2 interior online when the truck was unveiled and was bummed Ram had ditched the Rebel red.
When I sat in the truck and touched panels, dash, seats of the L2 I realized the Rebel interior was not even close and felt really cheap.

Here is a good youtube video going over a base model.

Thanks for the help, Decided on a level 1. Just picked up truck. Interior is Awsome! The black interior looks and feels so premium with the red truck. Love the Alcantara and accent lighting . Totally worth the $3500.

I ordered a base truck because I actually liked all of the color on the inside. I was very bummed that level 1 and 2 is just a black interior. It did not feel like a special truck to me. And for 1500 the red accent package is not very impressive to me. I wanted all the features of level 1 and 2 but just didn’t like the look which was a real bummer. I’m going to add many of the features like heated seats and steering wheel after I get it to build a base with most of the level 1 options.

Im happy with the base interior. Stands out to me more. Thankfully the 22 models came standard with remote start and proximity unlock doors cause thats all i really wanted as well. Would have liked to have added the 360 cameras but with any add on requires a package upgrade. Though someone on here showed a picture of the red stitching package with added red trim that looked pretty good too

Im happy with the base interior. Stands out to me more. Thankfully the 22 models came standard with remote start and proximity unlock doors cause thats all i really wanted as well. Would have liked to have added the 360 cameras but with any add on requires a package upgrade. Though someone on here showed a picture of the red stitching package with added red trim that looked pretty good too
1650110643114.png

1650110660646.png

Reactions: JT3
dont think 22’s come with standard proximity door unlock.. if it does, that would be sweet!

I miss read the standard equipment and looked it up more and kinda disappointed. Remote keyless entry is still having to click the key fob, which is the standard feature. The remote proximity keyless entry is where the senor behind the handle unlocks the door but im also surprised that only the level 2 package has that. Guess im buying new door handles lol

I miss read the standard equipment and looked it up more and kinda disappointed. Remote keyless entry is still having to click the key fob, which is the standard feature. The remote proximity keyless entry is where the senor behind the handle unlocks the door but im also surprised that only the level 2 package has that. Guess im buying new door handles lol
can be done but is a PITA to install

yup you can install them but its a complicated process.. i really dont care for it personally..

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back