TRX American Racing Headers @Americanracing

They do give it a much throatier sound, I cant hear the supercharger whine anymore. If putting them on a stock truck and looking for numbers or a seat of the pants difference, you wont see one. But if you want the sound and plan on doing an intake and incognito or any other pulley upgrades, it can help boost the numbers
Mine is currently getting flex tune, injectors, t/b, pulley etc., ported blower, intake, thermostat, catch can and I'm sure I'm missing some other stuff. Currently has AWE Exhaust so I don't want crazy loud but urs sounds really good!

Mine is currently getting flex tune, injectors, t/b, pulley etc., ported blower, intake, thermostat, catch can and I'm sure I'm missing some other stuff. Currently has AWE Exhaust so I don't want crazy loud but urs sounds really good!
I did a resonator delete, but still have the cats. Not sure how loud it would be with the AWE, but I know that no video ever compliments the actual sound. I think with what you are doing, the headers will definitely be worth it

I did a resonator delete, but still have the cats. Not sure how loud it would be with the AWE, but I know that no video ever compliments the actual sound. I think with what you are doing, the headers will definitely be worth it

AWE responds very well to header modifications on the Trackhawk, they have good muffler technology.

Recently installed american racing headers with catless option. What a difference the stock header is more of a manifold then header. Not sure if Ram had to comply with some sort of regulatory emissions non sense. I posted a side by side.
What was the install process like? Was it a PITA or not bad

They do help reduce heat, and do reduce restriction, but because they are short they wont make substantial gains at lower rpms compared to long tubes, the scavenging effect is not as dramatic. Are they better than stock, hell yes, could they be better yep. And I am a hardcore ARH fanboy as their products are higher quality than others imo.

Well don’t these bolt up to the factory exhaust without any modifications or am I incorrect? That was my whole reason for them otherwise I would go longtubes like I had on my Gen1 raptor.

Well don’t these bolt up to the factory exhaust without any modifications or am I incorrect? That was my whole reason for them otherwise I would go longtubes like I had on my Gen1 raptor.
You have to cut a few inches off the piping in front of the cats, but it retains the cat-back exhaust

Thanks for the info doesn’t seem to bad then probably still worth buying then.
You cut off about 13 inches
20221023_175420.jpg
And they supply you with a downpipe to connect to the cat
16665660524903546745705536727142.jpg

Last edited:
I had a leak from the provided hardware and threw a code. Had a shop weld them and no issues since.
I haven't had any issue yet, but I did put some high temp silicone around the pipe to help seal it

Every time I see this thread pops up I’m still surprised people fork out this $ for just a change in sound… just goes to show we are all very different.

Every time I see this thread pops up I’m still surprised people fork out this $ for just a change in sound… just goes to show we are all very different.
It gave me like 50 more HP

It gave me like 50 more HP
That’s interesting. Would love to see that data to back that up. All of the dynos I have seen with them are 20-25 whp SAE corrected ranging from stock to well over 1000hp.

Now if you said you were heavily modded and also ditched cats at the same time then I could see maybe 50 whp total.

I’m not saying this to be rude, actually intrigued because if you have proof they made an extra 50 whp with nothing else changed then I would be interested in ordering a set.

That’s interesting. Would love to see that data to back that up. All of the dynos I have seen with them are 20-25 whp SAE corrected ranging from stock to well over 1000hp.

Now if you said you were heavily modded and also ditched cats at the same time then I could see maybe 50 whp total.

I’m not saying this to be rude, actually intrigued because if you have proof they made an extra 50 whp with nothing else changed then I would be interested in ordering a set.
I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it., it’s the end of the day. I have no actual data. It does sound good with my ripatuned and S&B. Would I do it again, not sure. If the header gaskets don’t leak, probably yes.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it., it’s the end of the day. I have no actual data. It does sound good with my ripatuned and S&B. Would I do it again, not sure. If the header gaskets don’t leak, probably yes.
I remember hearing of a few issues with the gaskets leaking. I’m all about some insane sound too even though the price is steep for the headers. I’m wondering if it was ever determined that it’s best to just use a new set of factory gaskets to resolve that issue or is a there a better option? I’d like to eventually get a set so I’m curious to know the best route when that time comes.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back