TRX Aftermarket Wheel and Tire pics! [size/offset]

This is exactly the setup I've been looking for. you think a 00 offset 20x9 would work or needs to be +20mm?

My TRX should be here mid march.

I am in Houston as well.
If you want 37s I can’t emphasize enough how close to factory offset you want to be. It’s possible a 12.5 wide tire and a +0 offset would work but I don’t know for sure. The difference between a zero offset wheel and stock is 3/4”. If you want 37s I seriously doubt they will clear on a 9” wide wheel with +0 offset.

If you want 37s I can’t emphasize enough how close to factory offset you want to be. It’s possible a 12.5 wide tire and a +0 offset would work but I don’t know for sure. The difference between a zero offset wheel and stock is 3/4”. If you want 37s I seriously doubt they will clear on a 9” wide wheel with +0 offset.

I appreciate it. I will stick with finding a wheel with +20mm

There are several Fuel wheels that work as well as Method. I can get you wheels and tires if you let me know what you want. Shoot me a DM and I’ll get you pricing and availability.

There are several Fuel wheels that work as well as Method. I can get you wheels and tires if you let me know what you want. Shoot me a DM and I’ll get you pricing and availability.

Ill keep you posted. Working with TIS on a custom set right now. I'll let you know if we end up not doing something. I appreciate you reaching out. I sent you a DM on IG before you responded on this just fyi.

Ill keep you posted. Working with TIS on a custom set right now. I'll let you know if we end up not doing something. I appreciate you reaching out. I sent you a DM on IG before you responded on this just fyi.
I never got our DM on IG for some reason. Which TIS style are you going with? I had their 549 on my F250 several years ago. I see they have a couple of cool styles that would look good on a TRX if they are the right fitment. The 555 and 556 would be a good match for the styling on the TRX.

I never got our DM on IG for some reason. Which TIS style are you going with? I had their 549 on my F250 several years ago. I see they have a couple of cool styles that would look good on a TRX if they are the right fitment. The 555 and 556 would be a good match for the styling on the TRX.
Thats weird. It is still showing pending, check your general folder and incoming folder. I just follower you regardless. I am currently running a 1-off set of 548 in a 24x12. But there are some new designs coming soon. :censored: so we will see. LOve the 555 and 556 but I want to run a 20.

Anyone know what the the torque specs are for our wheels?
1613839055243.jpeg

@Nitro , just a sugggestion but maybe you could make a sticky thread for the wheels and tires section where people can post pics of their trucks with various brands and sizes of wheels and tires that they have installed on their TRX. Request that people post the size, brand, and specifications of both the tires and wheels they are running. There is a similar thread on a square body forum I'm on, and it's a great reference for people to use when they want to get a visualization of how their truck might look with different wheels and tires.

Here is my contribution:

Tires: 37x13.50r20 Toyo Open Country MT
Wheels: Fuel "Rebel" 20x9 with +20mm offset
Suspension Modifications: None
Trimming required: None

Hey man,

Can you tell me where you got those black lug nuts?

Amazon compatibility is useless.

Thanks.

You can get them from several places online. Look up 14x1.5 black lug nuts and several options should pop up. Gorilla makes them and so does ProComp. Here is a link to the 4WP website for the ProComp option:
Thanks for the link. I just purchased a set. Ship all blacked out trucks with standard chrome lug nuts... I wonder if RAM @RamCares has ever considered a customer advisory board for feedback related to upcoming and post launches. We do that for clients and they get certain perks for actively participating.

Like if they need someone to test/provide feedback at high altitude, towing, track, offroad, sand, etc.

I’m curious how much breaking will be harmed by bigger tires since the breaks seem to be suspect alread?

Did you see any significant performance drops from the weight of the 37s?
To be fair, I only had the 35s on it for about 40 miles. The 37s were bolted up the next morning, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to compare. I can't say that there was any noticeable difference. You certainly don't need to swap gears to compensate. It's got plenty of get up and go. The new 8 and 10 speed transmissions in these trucks these days go a long way to compensate for moderate increases in tire size. One bump up isn't going to put much strain on performance numbers.

I’m curious how much breaking will be harmed by bigger tires since the breaks seem to be suspect alread?
The brakes work pretty good, but repeated stops or aggressive driving with repeated brake application might lead to some fade. I'd definitely do a brake upgrade if one becomes available. I'm still researching options for brakes though.

To be fair, I only had the 35s on it for about 40 miles. The 37s were bolted up the next morning, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to compare. I can't say that there was any noticeable difference. You certainly don't need to swap gears to compensate. It's got plenty of get up and go. The new 8 and 10 speed transmissions in these trucks these days go a long way to compensate for moderate increases in tire size. One bump up isn't going to put much strain on performance numbers.

Thanks, I saw your response on IG. Hopefully mine will get built soon.

Thanks, I saw your response on IG. Hopefully mine will get built soon.
Hopefully so! On a side note, how do you like those Baja Boss tires on your 2500? I like the tread pattern of them, but I used to run their MTZ and they got pretty noisy after about 5-7,000 miles. Curious if the Baja Boss is any better.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back