truck stolen in front of my house

In addition to normal security measures, my TRX is also protected by S&W and Sig...I got my first rifle, a .22 when I was 7 and my first handgun-a S&W model 28 when I was 12...Countless thousands of rounds later, I hit what I aim at☠️

I got the truck back in february, truck was stolen on the street in front of my house last night. it was out of view for ring camera. I got lazy with my faraday bags wasn’t using them. no tazer or lojack installed in either, I guess I just assumed since I live in a nice town it couldn’t happen to me but it did. on my way to the dealership to access gps tracking through the ram app since the free trial ran up and the subscription was never purchased.
Theives don't steal in shitty neighborhoods. I'm getting IGLA the day after mine comes in.

I haven’t bothered with the Tazer security stuff yet given how effective the IGLA is. Perhaps after a few more software revisions I’ll give it a go.
That is exactly where I am. I do like the way the Tazer system works, but not sure if there would be a conflict with the IGLA system.

I'm also curious if there will be any issues with the tazer and IGLA at the same time.
Also @Creamsicle and anyone else:

All Tazer has right now is a "live" feature (meaning, it has to be plugged in for it to work) is a pin sequence before you can drive away. Considering thieves (to my understanding) plug right in to the security bypass cables to delete/make a FOB, they will simply just unplug the tazer rendering the security pin 100% useless.... Lol

As others have pointed out, the metal "tazer shield" is only a delay before the thieves access the wiring they need to get around the tazer. Not saying it's worthless, just understand what it will and wont do - I still ordered a shield, and will install it whenever it comes in.

Also that's not a knock on the tazer either - I have one, and think it's absolutely worth owning for it's other features, at the least.

Guys, add a shock sensor to the factory alarm. I used this: http://addshocksensor.com/
Inexpensive and SUPER easy install if you have any competency whatsoever with wiring.

I can not stress how easy it is to install. Took me all of like 20 minutes, and then messing around with the shock sensor's sensitivity, while driving my neighbors crazy setting my alarm off over and over getting it set the way I want it 😂
Any more force than a light/medium "knock" on ANY of the windows, at the factory alarm is going nuts.

IGLA is being installed tomorrow on my truck. After doing my HW, it makes the most sense to me. IGLA's features/track record have already been infinitely discussed on this forum, so I won't get into all that. IMO, it's worth the money.

I'm also going to re-locate/hide the transmission park override lever/cable too. From what I've been seeing, that's another tactic thieves have sometime been using - push/tow the vehicle "around the corner" or whatever, and then work on defeating the additional security is installed.

Remember: while these thieves are complete shitbags... most of them aren't stupid. They are doing this to make money. But because they aren't stupid (never underestimate your enemy), they know that the potential money they'll make by stealing your vehicle is completely worthless if they end up in prison/dead. They are expecting your TRX to be a soft target (because from the factory they are soft, and these thieves know that...).

When something unexpected to them occurs - like your alarm going nuts as soon as they hit your window.... they have a decision to make. If they choose to continue, and realize the have to get around the metal shield in their way... they have another decision to make. If they continue, and realize they can't delete your FOB (IGLA)... they have another decision to make. So on, etc...

Or: they already have your FOB/code - don't know your PIN and cant bypass it (IGLA)... Then they can't find the trans park override... etc..

Bottom line: what do you think they'll do? Continue burning precious minutes fumbling around with your vehicle, thus increasing their risk of prison/great bodily harm/death more and more..? Or, "cut their loss" and move on to the next vehicle?

I don’t think it’s logical to blame an owner for having their locked truck stolen from their home. Could additional security measured have been taken? Yes, there is no end to what you COULD do. But that doesn’t make it the OPs fault. The blame lies with the scumbag thieves!
And RAM do nothing about it. Why other cars can't be stolen by a $300 laptop and high school degree? It's a simple fix and it already on chargers, why can't they just put it in the RAM? Because they know you will buy another one after it's stolen $$$$ for them

You slacking bro that's all on you, after reading this forum I got PTSD n made sure that I'd never let my truck get touched by some scum criminal.

No place is safe even NY
This is unfortunate, but it's not "all on" him. His locked vehicle was stolen from his place of residence. Yes, he could have done more to protect the vehicle, but it's not his fault. It's the scumbag thieves that should be blamed.

"No place is safe even NY"...LOL
NY has become a shithole, cars and trucks stolen everywhere daily. These scum bags from the city are all over the island and all deserve to be shot.

I keep my truck blocked at night, Ravelco'd with shock sensors and keys In a faraday box since day 1.
These thieves drive around looking for hellcats and how easy it can be to steal them. This forum has more threads about theft than any other topic.

I got the truck back in february, truck was stolen on the street in front of my house last night. it was out of view for ring camera. I got lazy with my faraday bags wasn’t using them. no tazer or lojack installed in either, I guess I just assumed since I live in a nice town it couldn’t happen to me but it did. on my way to the dealership to access gps tracking through the ram app since the free trial ran up and the subscription was never purchased.

Dang, Sorry to hear that @RippinNDippin :mad: I hope everything works out for you.

Just call Sirius and they can get the tracking rolling immediately. Unfortunately, it’s useless and will likely already be disabled. Happened to me a year ago. Never recovered. The new truck is secured with IGLA, Club, and Tazer.

How well did your insurance company take care of you? I'm guessing you weren't made whole? You lost money on the ordeal?

My dude had the faraday pouch why not use it, you ordered it for your protection from scums getting your signal, that would have prevented them from stealing it

Lesson learned, so everyone install IGLA

How well did your insurance company take care of you? I'm guessing you weren't made whole? You lost money on the ordeal?
The stolen truck was a Limited that I purchased in 2019 at the height of rebate season and was insured for full replacement value.

As a result, the TRX was basically a free upgrade. While painful at the moment, the theft was the reason I splurged on the TRX so I’d say it worked out rather well. :)

Also @Creamsicle and anyone else:

All Tazer has right now is a "live" feature (meaning, it has to be plugged in for it to work) is a pin sequence before you can drive away. Considering thieves (to my understanding) plug right in to the security bypass cables to delete/make a FOB, they will simply just unplug the tazer rendering the security pin 100% useless.... Lol

As others have pointed out, the metal "tazer shield" is only a delay before the thieves access the wiring they need to get around the tazer. Not saying it's worthless, just understand what it will and wont do - I still ordered a shield, and will install it whenever it comes in.

Also that's not a knock on the tazer either - I have one, and think it's absolutely worth owning for it's other features, at the least.

Guys, add a shock sensor to the factory alarm. I used this: http://addshocksensor.com/
Inexpensive and SUPER easy install if you have any competency whatsoever with wiring.

I can not stress how easy it is to install. Took me all of like 20 minutes, and then messing around with the shock sensor's sensitivity, while driving my neighbors crazy setting my alarm off over and over getting it set the way I want it 😂
Any more force than a light/medium "knock" on ANY of the windows, at the factory alarm is going nuts.

IGLA is being installed tomorrow on my truck. After doing my HW, it makes the most sense to me. IGLA's features/track record have already been infinitely discussed on this forum, so I won't get into all that. IMO, it's worth the money.

I'm also going to re-locate/hide the transmission park override lever/cable too. From what I've been seeing, that's another tactic thieves have sometime been using - push/tow the vehicle "around the corner" or whatever, and then work on defeating the additional security is installed.

Remember: while these thieves are complete shitbags... most of them aren't stupid. They are doing this to make money. But because they aren't stupid (never underestimate your enemy), they know that the potential money they'll make by stealing your vehicle is completely worthless if they end up in prison/dead. They are expecting your TRX to be a soft target (because from the factory they are soft, and these thieves know that...).

When something unexpected to them occurs - like your alarm going nuts as soon as they hit your window.... they have a decision to make. If they choose to continue, and realize the have to get around the metal shield in their way... they have another decision to make. If they continue, and realize they can't delete your FOB (IGLA)... they have another decision to make. So on, etc...

Or: they already have your FOB/code - don't know your PIN and cant bypass it (IGLA)... Then they can't find the trans park override... etc..

Bottom line: what do you think they'll do? Continue burning precious minutes fumbling around with your vehicle, thus increasing their risk of prison/great bodily harm/death more and more..? Or, "cut their loss" and move on to the next vehicle?
This has changed/is changing with the latest Tazer updates. The newer firmware will disable the vehicle if the Tazer is unplugged. @Boosted made a post about this earlier today. Hard to keep up with all of the features improvements!

This has changed/is changing with the latest Tazer updates. The newer firmware will disable the vehicle if the Tazer is unplugged. @Boosted made a post about this earlier today. Hard to keep up with all of the features improvements!
Hope you're right! I just updated mine with the latest firmware last week, and is still only functional as a "live" setting. I'm not sure how they'll work around the issue when someone forgets their pin or needs to drop the vehicle off for service etc.. - unlike with IGLA, there's already an easy remedy for those circumstances. But, we'll see!

I went to a place outside of Philly on my way home from picking the truck up at Koons. I wasn't wasting time getting some kind of security on this thing. I believe the place was called "ox audio" or something like that he said he's done like 30 trx trucks already he did a great job on mine!
How long did it take him to install?

Also @Creamsicle
Let us know how you conquer this. Seems like a good idea.

Just call Sirius and they can get the tracking rolling immediately. Unfortunately, it’s useless and will likely already be disabled. Happened to me a year ago. Never recovered. The new truck is secured with IGLA, Club, and Tazer.
what exactly is igla

That sucks, I’m sorry that happened. This is why we have insurance. Now the question is what will the insurance company value it? Are you going to order a new one?
insurance will value it after 14 days after the claim. i’m not so sure if i’m going to order a new one unless I know for a fact I can install proper anti theft to combat this situation. I don’t want to go through this again but I fucking miss the truck

From a fellow 122 vin here I remember agonizing with you over the wait. In the end I am hoping insurance gets this right for you, assuming there is no recovery. This just sucks and it would piss me off. Don't be too hard on yourself.
thanks brother! life knocks you down you just gotta go harder. I know it’s just material possession but I waited 8 months and I took pride in this unbelievable truck

Reactions: JTR

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back