truck stolen in front of my house

RippinNDippin

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
1500 big horn
I got the truck back in february, truck was stolen on the street in front of my house last night. it was out of view for ring camera. I got lazy with my faraday bags wasn’t using them. no tazer or lojack installed in either, I guess I just assumed since I live in a nice town it couldn’t happen to me but it did. on my way to the dealership to access gps tracking through the ram app since the free trial ran up and the subscription was never purchased.

Just call Sirius and they can get the tracking rolling immediately. Unfortunately, it’s useless and will likely already be disabled. Happened to me a year ago. Never recovered. The new truck is secured with IGLA, Club, and Tazer.

I got the truck back in february, truck was stolen on the street in front of my house last night. it was out of view for ring camera. I got lazy with my faraday bags wasn’t using them. no tazer or lojack installed in either, I guess I just assumed since I live in a nice town it couldn’t happen to me but it did. on my way to the dealership to access gps tracking through the ram app since the free trial ran up and the subscription was never purchased.
wow that's messed up sorry to hear that! I always think one day I'm going to wake up and mine won't be there either and sucks it won't fit in my garage but I do have a camera pointed straight at it and I have IGLA installed so definitely puts me at ease a bit. I hope you find it! Where in NY do you live? on the Island?

Just call Sirius and they can get the tracking rolling immediately. Unfortunately, it’s useless and will likely already be disabled. Happened to me a year ago. Never recovered. The new truck is secured with IGLA, Club, and Tazer.
I just called sirius then they sent the call over to stellantis and they told me for the gps to be activated I had to be within the truck. which makes no sense bc the gps was automatically activated when I drove off the lot.

You slacking bro that's all on you, after reading this forum I got PTSD n made sure that I'd never let my truck get touched by some scum criminal.

No place is safe even NY
I don’t think it’s logical to blame an owner for having their locked truck stolen from their home. Could additional security measured have been taken? Yes, there is no end to what you COULD do. But that doesn’t make it the OPs fault. The blame lies with the scumbag thieves!

wow that's messed up sorry to hear that! I always think one day I'm going to wake up and mine won't be there either and sucks it won't fit in my garage but I do have a camera pointed straight at it and I have IGLA installed so definitely puts me at ease a bit. I hope you find it! Where in NY do you live? on the Island?
yeah i’m in long beach. I talk to you sometimes on instagram my name is prisco730 on there. I take full accountability for not installing any anti theft. next truck will have it. i’m not going down to a lower trim after experiencing this truck no way no how.

I just called sirius then they sent the call over to stellantis and they told me for the gps to be activated I had to be within the truck. which makes no sense bc the gps was automatically activated when I drove off the lot.
That is incorrect. A tracker that only works with you in the vehicle is not a tracker. Sirius was able to subscribe me to the service over the phone and create a ticket for law enforcement to reference. That said, it was of no help. Time is of the essence!

yeah i’m in long beach. I talk to you sometimes on instagram my name is prisco730 on there. I take full accountability for not installing any anti theft. next truck will have it. i’m not going down to a lower trim after experiencing this truck no way no how.
oh yeah i know who you are. That's crazy that happened in your town like you said its a safe neighborhood I am always thinking people are following me home now I will even be more paranoid! Hope everything works out!

I have been wondering if the IGLA system and the new Tazer theft deterrent software would play well together. Do you have any issues using both?

You slacking bro that's all on you, after reading this forum I got PTSD n made sure that I'd never let my truck get touched by some scum criminal.

No place is safe even NY

Correction: No place is safe, ESPECIALLY in NY.

To OP: Sorry that happened to you on Thanksgiving when you’re supposed to have a good time with your family. I hope they will make you whole quickly.

this is terrible man. I am sorry that your truck is gone. This forum definitely scared the crap out of me. I have more expensive cars than the TRX, but the TRX has the most security. I felt like if I didnt do everything possible , it would just evaporate as soon as I was beyond eyesight. Ha. I am now even wondering out some of those arnor films for the rear windows, as they tend to break in there....

@RippinNDippin Bro , Im sorry to hear this. Good luck with everything.

@LagoTRX were did you have the IGLA installed? Im in suffolk county and I spoke to Louie at sound waves in E. Northport. He does it , I can't really find anyone else around.

@RippinNDippin Bro , Im sorry to hear this. Good luck with everything.

@LagoTRX were did you have the IGLA installed? Im in suffolk county and I spoke to Louie at sound waves in E. Northport. He does it , I can't really find anyone else around.
I went to a place outside of Philly on my way home from picking the truck up at Koons. I wasn't wasting time getting some kind of security on this thing. I believe the place was called "ox audio" or something like that he said he's done like 30 trx trucks already he did a great job on mine!

I went to a place outside of Philly on my way home from picking the truck up at Koons. I wasn't wasting time getting some kind of security on this thing. I believe the place was called "ox audio" or something like that he said he's done like 30 trx trucks already he did a great job on mine!
Smart move. Thanks bro, I've been sleeping on the security but im getting it done asap. Like you said ..im waiting to look outside and my truck is gone.

That sucks, I’m sorry that happened. This is why we have insurance. Now the question is what will the insurance company value it? Are you going to order a new one?

I have been wondering if the IGLA system and the new Tazer theft deterrent software would play well together. Do you have any issues using both?
I haven’t bothered with the Tazer security stuff yet given how effective the IGLA is. Perhaps after a few more software revisions I’ll give it a go.

Smart move. Thanks bro, I've been sleeping on the security but im getting it done asap. Like you said ..im waiting to look outside and my truck is gone.
yeah I'm always paranoid and especially more now since OP isn't that far from me. I saw a white camaro a couple weeks ago with some shady people in it just drive up and down my block a few times. Idk if they were just dumb or were passing the truck on purpose but I'd definitely get some kind of security on it asap.

From a fellow 122 vin here I remember agonizing with you over the wait. In the end I am hoping insurance gets this right for you, assuming there is no recovery. This just sucks and it would piss me off. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Back