Truck bed tire carrier

Bryanh

TRX Member
Reaction score
We removed our truck bed tire carrier mount installed by ram. I'll sell it cheap if anyone would like it. Private message me.

It does not come with a spare wheel/tire from RAM, just the mount. I was surprised by this as well.

Last edited:
You talking about the tire carrier in the bed

We removed our truck bed tire carrier mount installed by ram. I'll sell it cheap if anyone would like it. Private message me.

It does not come with a spare wheel/tire from RAM, just the mount. I was surprised by this as well.
If Ram did not put a wheel and tire on it they made a mistake. The carrier is supposed to come with a wheel and tire. Call your dealer and complain. That is some change in your pocket if you could package that with the mount kit.

The build sheet says "tire carrier" doesn't say it comes with one. I'm guessing many dealers buy and install it. Do you have evidence it's supposed to be included?

The build sheet says "tire carrier" doesn't say it comes with one. I'm guessing many dealers buy and install it. Do you have evidence it's supposed to be included?
I have never seen one without a wheel/tire and there is no option to get just a wheel/tire. You can post the question in the open form general discussion where it will get more views but others with the Tire Carrier option will let you know what I am talking about.

By the way, I have seen a couple reviews about having 6 wheels/tires. So having members confirm or deny would be a good idea given some of these reviewers on youtube sometimes do not know much. I did not order that, I make use of my bed WAY more than going off-road let alone serious off-road.

Last edited:
I have submitted an inquiry directly to ram asking about this.

Read it how you may......
1614293339443.jpeg

I was under the impression early on that even if a customer ordered the in-bed carrier, he/she still only got one spare tire for the truck.

The way I read it is no tire in the carrier. Cheers

Now don’t get me wrong that is one hell of an expensive couple of bent tubes.... personally they should not have taken the pic on the build page with the tire on the carrier... just saying, might get interpreted wrong. Cheers

Last edited:
If Ram did not put a wheel and tire on it they made a mistake. The carrier is supposed to come with a wheel and tire. Call your dealer and complain. That is some change in your pocket if you could package that with the mount kit.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. The tire carrier is just an alternative location for carrying the tire so if you ever get a flat off-roading, the replacement tire is not caked with dirt and debris, and potentially trapped under the truck.

They threw everyone off by having the mules have a spare underneath AND a matching wheel/tire in the bed as well. Possible they adjusted the description to now say the spare is underneath because maybe they wouldn't have enough beadlocks available and didn't want a plant worker to lift a tire in the bed.

They threw everyone off by having the mules have a spare underneath AND a matching wheel/tire in the bed as well. Possible they adjusted the description to now say the spare is underneath because maybe they wouldn't have enough beadlocks available and didn't want a plant worker to lift a tire in the

That would explain why all the reviews say 6 wheels/tires with that option.

Did you sell this?

As a technician at a dealership I can confirm that every TRX only comes with 5 wheels and tires regardless of the bed mount tire carrier, during the PDI process the spare tire is moved from under the bed and in to the bed if the mount was optioned

Last edited:
As a technician at a dealership I can confirm that every TRX only comes with 5 wheels and tires regardless of the bed mount tire carrier, during the PDI process the spare tire is moved from under the bed to in the bed if the mount was optioned
I got excited about this post until I contacted the Dealer that I am working with Grapevine Dodge Ram. Called and spoke to 2 different people including the person in service that installs all of the equipment that is "dealer installed" and he assured me that the Ram Bar AND the Bed Tire Carrier roll off of the transport already installed. :mad:

Yes the Rambar and tire carrier if optioned are installed at the Mopar custom shop, when the truck shows up at the dealership the PDI technician moves the tire and wheel from under the bed to the factory mounted tire carrier in the bed.

Back