Towing miles

Taxmantrx

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram
How come when in tow mode the miles of towing doesn’t register? Tia

Mine only registers trailer mileage when a trailer brake is present. I don't see any increase when using my small utility trailer without a brake.

Maybe it only works with a 7 pin connection? Though I'd imagine that a horse trailer would be 7 pin with brakes not just a flat four.
Actually I use an adapter with 7 to 5 pin. And flatbed 4 pin. But if I put in tow mode you think it would register miles. Must be my problem.

Change the connectors on the trailers to the normal 7 flat and it should all work.
Well, the "flatbed" won't if it doesn't have brakes, which the 4-pin connector would indicate.

Actually I use an adapter with 7 to 5 pin. And flatbed 4 pin. But if I put in tow mode you think it would register miles. Must be my problem.
You can put it in tow mode and not have anything attached and it would then be racking up tow mileage. But when you have it connected thru a 7 pin you are most likely towing at this point. That is why i think they went with that logic.

Reactions: Two

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back