Took Delivery of my TRX today. (First one in Northern Ontario.)

Bavanew

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 F350 Platinum
All I can say: It's so much better in person! Pics and vids do not do it Justice.

Attachments

• 633020768.jpg
    633020768.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 275
  • 20210122_220040.jpg
    20210122_220040.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 264
  • 20210123_133510.jpg
    20210123_133510.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 20210123_133449.jpg
    20210123_133449.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 181
Congrats and watch out for the snow....by the way where in NO are you?

Gotta know how it handles the snow once you manage to get through the break in. Congrats

If you didn't notice in the pic, I'm parked on a fresh blanket of snow. Lol.

I'm located in Sudbury. Yourself?
Yeah I noticed the snow I was trying to be funny... obviously not very successfully. I have a cottage up near the Sault. Cheers and have fun!

Congrats. Looks amazing. Black with the beadlocks wheels looks really sick.

Yeah I noticed the snow I was trying to be funny... obviously not very successfully. I have a cottage up near the Sault. Cheers and have fun!
Just around the corner from TX. Lol.
I suppose you haven't been there in close to a year due to C-19?

This has been a mild winter. This past week has truly been the first cold week since the season began. We're a month behind schedule when it comes to lake ice conditions.

Gotta know how it handles the snow once you manage to get through the break in. Congrats
I'm following the break in accordingly, but it's very tempting to stomp on the throttle. I've been keeping it under 50% throttle per oem (realistically, I've kept it to 25-30%), and even at that it's such a tease! I have to take a road trip, otherwise City driving is going to take too long and feel torturous.

Just around the corner from TX. Lol.
I suppose you haven't been there in close to a year due to C-19?

This has been a mild winter. This past week has truly been the first cold week since the season began. We're a month behind schedule when it comes to lake ice conditions.
Yeah it has been a bummer.... 1st summer I missed in over 50yrs. It’s a nice 30 hr drive each way... Hopefully we can get this COVID thing behind us sooner than later. I’m jealous but happy you got your truck. Have Fun and Enjoy.

Yeah it has been a bummer.... 1st summer I missed in over 50yrs. It’s a nice 30 hr drive each way... Hopefully we can get this COVID thing behind us sooner than later. I’m jealous but happy you got your truck. Have Fun and Enjoy.
I've been to all but one continent, but I can't say that I've ever driven 30 hours one way. That's a lot of driving. You obviously Enjoy it. With the right radar in your TRX, you might shave 6 hours from your next trip. Lol

I have full intentions on enjoying it. Thank You!
Easier said than done, but the less you think about when your truck will arrive, the less drawn out it'll feel. (Says the guy who just took delivery of his today.) Lo

Last edited:
Congratulations from Stratford Ontario. I assume you work in the mines lol.
Hey do you know how long it took from D1 until you took delivery?

I've been to all but one continent, but I can't say that I've ever driven 30 hours one way. That's a lot of driving. You obviously Enjoy it. With the right radar in your TRX, you might shave 6 hours from your next trip. Lol

I have full intentions on enjoying it. Thank You!
Easier said than done, but the less you think about when you're truck will arrive, the less drawn out it'll feel. (Says the guy who just took delivery of his today.) Lo

Congratulations from Stratford Ontario. I assume you work in the mines lol.
Hey do you know how long it took from D1 until you took delivery?
Thanks. Your assumption had a 50% probability of being right.
I don't actually work in the mines, but the business I'm in does actually provide equipment /technology to the mining Industry. So, you're not entirely wrong. Lol

Regarding vehicle build satus, I don't recall the difference between D and D1, but it took a month to go from D to D1. I'm not sure what type of status update the dealer received, but they called me one day to tell me that it was being painted. I took delivery In 2 weeks from that call. Hopefully that helps to put it into perspective.

How is fit and finish? Build quality? Tactical feel of controls? Motor sound tight? Any noises. Ride?

How is fit and finish? Build quality? Tactical feel of controls? Motor sound tight? Any noises. Ride?
Well, my opinion is only based on an hour of exposure time and a whole 65 km's.

Fit and Finish: Simply Beautiful. The speaker integration looks fantastic. Even if they weren't operational speakers, I'd keep them there as accents. It just goes so well with everything.
Tactical feel: The materials, leather seats in particular feel of high quality. I've always had leather seats in all my vehicles, but they usually had a thinner feel to them, hence the creases that develop over time. These seats feel smooth but also thick/firm, giving me the impression that they are going to be very durable.
You can also feel the stitching as you glide your hands over the surface, again, indicative of a higher grade material.
The only thing that I don't think I'll be a fan of, is the suede on the steering wheel. It looks and feels nice, but it has a grippy feel to it, so you just know that all the dirt from your hands will embed into the material over time. Whereas a completely leather wrapped wheel is easy to clean/condition . Time will tell.

Buttons/controls, feel like you would expect Them to. Between dash display/settings and the info screen, there are a lot of options. I need to familiarize myself, organize the format/presentation and consolidate, as there just seems to be so much.
The HUD is pretty cool. You can adjust height , brightness and choose between a few presets withing the dash setting. Alternatively , within the infotainment screen you can add/remove, position different parameters (speed limit, speedometer, safety assist, gps, radio, lane guidance, etc) and it provides you with a preview as to what it will look like on the HUD. I think that's very cool!

Driving: Again, minimal time behind the wheel. Everything is nice and tight, no rattles, noises, only the whine from under the hood. ;).
Although difficult , I've been super conservative With the throttle, but it sounds just right. Based on YouTube Reviews, it sounded Like you barely hear the exhaust under normal driving conditions. Unless one has poor hearing, that exhaust note is throaty while coasting.
It sure sounds nice on a cold startup, but even after it idles down (maybe 30 seconds after startup) I could hear the exhaust resonating into house. My mother in law said it sounded Like a Harley was idling in yard. It wasn't quite that obnoxious lol, but I could definitely tell that there was an unconventional V8 in my yard. ;)

I'll be sure to provide feedback as time goes on.

Last edited:
I'm following the break in accordingly, but it's very tempting to stomp on the throttle. I've been keeping it under 50% throttle per oem (realistically, I've kept it to 25-30%), and even at that it's such a tease! I have to take a road trip, otherwise City driving is going to take too long and feel torturous.
I performed a search for break-in and nothing popped up explicitly listing what it is. Would you mind sharing so I can mentally prepare myself? I wish there was a $500 option with every toy I buy to have it broke in on a factory load generator or something... painful process but worth it.

I performed a search for break-in and nothing popped up explicitly listing what it is. Would you mind sharing so I can mentally prepare myself? I wish there was a $500 option with every toy I buy to have it broke in on a factory load generator or something... painful process but worth it.
There you go, sir!
I hear you about the $500.00 option. However, if it's any consolation, by you performing the break in, it allows an opportunity to smell the roses, so to speak. You're traveling slow enough that you can take time to appreciate and learn the finer details of what the truck has to offer. Otherwise, you'd hammer down on it and not give a $hit about those features. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-214925_Firefox Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-214925_Firefox Beta.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 38
There you go, sir!
I hear you about the $500.00 option. However, if it's any consolation, by you performing the break in, it allows an opportunity to smell the rose, so to speak. You're traveling slow enough that you can take time to appreciate and learn the finer details of what the truck has to offer. Otherwise, you'd hammer down on it and not give a $hit about those features. Lol
Very true, thanks!

There you go, sir!
I hear you about the $500.00 option. However, if it's any consolation, by you performing the break in, it allows an opportunity to smell the rose, so to speak. You're traveling slow enough that you can take time to appreciate and learn the finer details of what the truck has to offer. Otherwise, you'd hammer down on it and not give a $hit about those features. Lol
Interesting, it doesn't say to vary speed like all other break-ins I've seen for the first 300 miles. So get on the highway and we will be good? Any heat cycles like on powersports toys (after first start let it completely cool, after 30 minutes let completely cool).
I had a supercharged zO6 but it didn't get the luxury of a proper break-in and this one will.

Back