Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX (Granite)
Current Ride #2
2019 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid
Military
Navy Veteran
I have a 2022, and have purchased the Navigation subscription as well, which is supposed to include automatic seemless updates. When I go into the Nav settings to look up the current info, it shows the current version as being: 2021.03.28, Released 05/21. I find it hard to believe that there have not been updates since May of 2021. Are these updates pushed out over cellular on a daily basis and maybe the software doesn't need to be updated? TomTom says it is the car company that pushes out the updates not them. Just curious if anyone has insight into this. Calling the Uconnect people has been useless. No one seems to know any of the answers.

I have a 2022, and have purchased the Navigation subscription as well, which is supposed to include automatic seemless updates. When I go into the Nav settings to look up the current info, it shows the current version as being: 2021.03.28, Released 05/21. I find it hard to believe that there have not been updates since May of 2021. Are these updates pushed out over cellular on a daily basis and maybe the software doesn't need to be updated? TomTom says it is the car company that pushes out the updates not them. Just curious if anyone has insight into this. Calling the Uconnect people has been useless. No one seems to know any of the answers.
. . .following.

Hello Pumphry Bigelow,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, along with a photo of your Application Version or Build Number, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Hello Pumphry Bigelow,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, along with a photo of your Application Version or Build Number, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
Have just sent you the requested information

Didn't even know there was a subscription for the navigation. I'll check my version too

Didn't even know there was a subscription for the navigation. I'll check my version too
Yeah I think that subscription only covers send and go nav routing and such not the actual map updates. AFAIK the map updates are $149 each time from HERE (that's the name of the 3rd party that sells the updates, website - chryslergroup.navigation.com ) though they usually have sales at $99 a couple of times a year.

Yeah I think that subscription only covers send and go nav routing and such not the actual map updates. AFAIK the map updates are $149 each time from HERE (that's the name of the 3rd party that sells the updates, website - chryslergroup.navigation.com ) though they usually have sales at $99 a couple of times a year.
That is incorrect, it includes constant updates
D278EA69-D460-4C7E-B2B9-340510BC7605.png
with the subscription.

Must be a new UC5 thing, doesn't show that on my 392 with 8.4 4C Nav.

That could be. Very frustrating nobody from TomTom or Ram Connect seems to know anything. William from Ram cares got back to me and told me my vehicle software is not updated to the latest version and should go to a dealer to have it checked out. I asked him where he is getting his information from because my vehicle is on the latest software version, and to boot, he never answered any of the questions involving the TomTom map updates.

That could be. Very frustrating nobody from TomTom or Ram Connect seems to know anything. William from Ram cares got back to me and told me my vehicle software is not updated to the latest version and should go to a dealer to have it checked out. I asked him where he is getting his information from because my vehicle is on the latest software version, and to boot, he never answered any of the questions involving the TomTom map updates.
I have the same issue on my 2022 Ram . Did you ever get it fixed and if so how ?

Nothing to fix. Basically that version number is not going to update from when it was installed in the truck. When you are driving your truck, the maps are constantly updating along with up to date traffic information, however, I was told the version number will not change. I have been happy with the TomTom navigation on this truck, and like how it integrates with the HUD. Some other forum members have not been as happy, however, I have had no issue with it, and like the constant map updates.

Nothing to fix. Basically that version number is not going to update from when it was installed in the truck. When you are driving your truck, the maps are constantly updating along with up to date traffic information, however, I was told the version number will not change. I have been happy with the TomTom navigation on this truck, and like how it integrates with the HUD. Some other forum members have not been as happy, however, I have had no issue with it, and like the constant map updates.
Thanks for the reply. Had Ram Connect services on the phone yesterday and they had no clue. They kept telling me to give it more time to update and call them back if version does not change. Getting ready to head out on 4000 mile trip so I will find out. Thanks again.

Your welcome. BTW, RAM connect support is clueless, won’t go into detail, however, it would be a good story if we were marooned on an island for a few weeks. Enjoy the TomTom!

Wish I could make the Uconnect Nav disappear. I’m partial to Waze and pretty much use it exclusively. And there is no stupid subscription.

Very true, I like WAZE as well and use it in our other vehicles. Sad but true, it will only be a matter of time before we will need to pay a subscription to turn our vehicles on and the honor of putting down the windows! LOL

Hi there,

We're sorry for any confusion on the Navigation feature and can help share some insight. You should have the Maps-Over-The-Air (MOTA) updates for a one-year trial with the Uconnect 5NAV system. TomTom Navigation will provide at least 2 full map updates per calendar year and the navigation will also update incrementally when customers drive to completely new areas as mentioned in a previous post. Also, the updates can be received when connected to a home WiFi network (recommended) or when it is available over the cellular modem.

Steph
Ram Cares

Couple of tips: Make sure your thumb drive is formatted for FAT32 (not exFAT). And - it's not really apparent on the download site, but there are 9 total files to download. You should end up with a list of files that looks like this on your thumb drive.

1667039149721-png.54484

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back