To Red Interior Accent or Not

Someone better come up with a good big brake upgrade. The stock ones are ridiculously small. Either that or I need to learn to drive fast without brakes
I am definitely going for a brake upgrade at some point. The truck moves out quickly, but I don't feel like it has enough stopping power after a few days of driving.

I am definitely going for a brake upgrade at some point. The truck moves out quickly, but I don't feel like it has enough stopping power after a few days of driving.
You can never have enough brakes.

Hey gang, new member here thinking about pulling the trigger on a TR (once the wife gives me the go ahead lol) but I am torn on the interior color options for the TR2 package. Does anyone have the red accent package, and how do they like it so far? Only real downside I have heard so far is the potential part shortage with the red trim (although I am okay with waiting a little bit) as well as something about the tweeter speaker appearance. Let me know what you guys think and if its worth it or not.
The shortage is on all the TR1/TR2 seats not the stitching option. And yeah for some dumb reason the bottom door speaker isn't red. I swapped from the TR2 with white stitching to red because the configurator on Ram website shows it to have gold stitching but it is wrong and is white.

Hey gang, new member here thinking about pulling the trigger on a TR (once the wife gives me the go ahead lol) but I am torn on the interior color options for the TR2 package. Does anyone have the red accent package, and how do they like it so far? Only real downside I have heard so far is the potential part shortage with the red trim (although I am okay with waiting a little bit) as well as something about the tweeter speaker appearance. Let me know what you guys think and if its worth it or not.
worth it all day long IMO.

The shortage is on all the TR1/TR2 seats not the stitching option. And yeah for some dumb reason the bottom door speaker isn't red. I swapped from the TR2 with white stitching to red because the configurator on Ram website shows it to have gold stitching but it is wrong and is white.

I like the logic. I think despite the speaker miss match it is a shaper looking interior over the white alternative!

Going to be a badass truck when you get it my friend.

I passed on the red. I'll post pictures of mine tomorrow. I like it. Keeps it simple and clean IMO. Then again, I've never been one for colored stitching or belts in Porsches, either.

Curious to see these!

Just ordered a 2022 myself, black exterior. Strongly considered doing the red accent package, but couldn't justify the value. I would have done it if I had gone for the red exterior (probably), but even then it would have pained me.

Far as I can tell, Ram thinks that the red dye is 1,500 bucks more expensive than the gray dye. The nice, thick bolster stitching and seat inserts are the exact same, except that some are dyed gray and some are dyed red. Definitely think the red is nice, but strongly dislike the fact that Ram is price gouging for it. My rationale for not getting it is:

1) The gray is still nice, and rating my interior as 9/10 instead of 10/10 isn't worth $1,500
2) I'll use the money for something like a Retrax tonneau
3) Ram should know that the raw cost of switching from gray to red dye shouldn't equate to even remotely close to a $1,500 upcharge

Props to those who sprung for it!

Just ordered a 2022 myself, black exterior. Strongly considered doing the red accent package, but couldn't justify the value. I would have done it if I had gone for the red exterior (probably), but even then it would have pained me.

Far as I can tell, Ram thinks that the red dye is 1,500 bucks more expensive than the gray dye. The nice, thick bolster stitching and seat inserts are the exact same, except that some are dyed gray and some are dyed red. Definitely think the red is nice, but strongly dislike the fact that Ram is price gouging for it. My rationale for not getting it is:

1) The gray is still nice, and rating my interior as 9/10 instead of 10/10 isn't worth $1,500
2) I'll use the money for something like a Retrax tonneau
3) Ram should know that the raw cost of switching from gray to red dye shouldn't equate to even remotely close to a $1,500 upcharge

Props to those who sprung for it!
It's all personal preference and depth of pocket. The gray is nice and the red is nice. But I agree that $1500 is wayy too much of an add on for stitching, although if you're looking for a pop of color in the cab, that's the way to do it.

3E47259A-3D16-477C-BDCB-37EC68046A0A.jpeg
Now that’s a red interior

Idk, but when I did my math…I said “hell I’m already paying this much for the dang thing I might as well go all in”.

I personally love the red accent interior. I think it’s been stated before- but even without the red accent package- the TRX still has hints of red- so I think the red accent package just ties everything together nicely. Gives it that premium sporty feel and sets it aside from other vehicles. Now, the red interior and seats that come on the base model (I think) is just a bit too much red for my taste. And it definitely depends on the color of the truck too. I ordered granite - and between the red 6.2 liter on the hood and the red accents on the interior, it’ll flow nicely.

I ordered a White L2 TRX and thought the red accents really popped with the white color...'Worth' the price, not really but for just another 1.6%...

However on my Rubicon 2-door in Bikini Blue, the large red dash inserts (standard) clashed (IMO) and I quickly replaced them with black leather inserts.

Black interiors are boring, the red pops nicely and looks sporty without being too much. Sure it's overpriced compared to how much it actually costs to make, most options are. At least it's not something you can aftermarket yourself for cheap, looking at you $900 hood decal that you can get for $200 online.

If you want to have an aneurysm, play around with a Porsche builder. Bespoke Floor Mats ($1,500), Painted Air Vents ($2,000), Sun Visors in Leather ($590), Owner's Manual Wallet in Leather ($560).

I bought the red accents package. I like the red on the seat but I also order the blue incandescent led Replacement lights to swap the standard white bulbs out to blue. Should look great.

Red accents look great …

I wished the accents matched the exterior color... now that would be pretty bad ass!

I have the red interior also. It’s a requirement for me. Makes the interior really pop.

Red is a deal breaker for me.... if Red was standard, I would have paid to have grey or black..

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back