To buy a ram bar or not

BMF702

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 ford raptor ,2019 Silverado,2016 Chevy z06
Should I pull the trigger on a ram
Bar from the dealer or wait till ADD comes out with something and go front back bumpers/chase rack . With lights I’m sure it will be around 8-9k with install

Bar from the dealer or wait till ADD comes out with something and go front back bumpers/chase rack . With lights I’m sure it will be around 8-9k with install
I plan on doing a Magnum back rack myself but I would be curious to see if you can get the OEM Ram Bars for a little less online. The power steps are like 1250 online and 1550 at the dealer. I'd imagine Ram bars are cheaper not from dealer. The look of the Ram bars just didn't work for me.

As for ADD bumpers, they are usually very expensive but also high quality. Unless you really need them for functionality, I feel like its not worth that price at least for me.

I plan on doing a Magnum back rack myself but I would be curious to see if you can get the OEM Ram Bars for a little less online. The power steps are like 1250 online and 1550 at the dealer. I'd imagine Ram bars are cheaper not from dealer. The look of the Ram bars just didn't work for me.

As for ADD bumpers, they are usually very expensive but also high quality. Unless you really need them for functionality, I feel like its not worth that price at least for me.
Very true , I could use that 9k towards my pro touring build 😂. Maybe I’ll just do a add chase rack with a led bar on top of it .

Very true , I could use that 9k towards my pro touring build 😂. Maybe I’ll just do a add chase rack with a led bar on top of it .
+1 vote on using that money towards a pro-touring build. The chase rack looks pretty cool. Didn't know they put lights in it but for 1800 bucks, I wish they didn't engrave their logo in it.

I didnt order one as I am hoping Baja Designs XL Linkable kit will come available for the TRX. I am in works with them now on some bumper designs and light designs. I'll have more pics and info once my truck is here for R&D

+1 vote on using that money towards a pro-touring build. The chase rack looks pretty cool. Didn't know they put lights in it but for 1800 bucks, I wish they didn't engrave their logo in it.
Agreed the logo kinda kills it , maybe a smaller logo lol

I didnt order one as I am hoping Baja Designs XL Linkable kit will come available for the TRX. I am in works with them now on some bumper designs and light designs. I'll have more pics and info once my truck is here for R&D
Awesome!

I have the Ram bar on mine but it was a dealer order and came with it. I like it well enough not to take it off, but I wouldn’t have ordered it myself. Mine also came with the beadlocks. I personally like looks of the black wheels better. Again, the beadlocks have grown on me and I am leaving it alone.

I have a RAMBAR I pulled off my truck. It came from dealer and I didn’t want. Let me know if you want it buy. I’m located in Dallas.

If anyone in NJ wants to swap their ram bar & rails for my new bedrails + cash let me know. Ordered without knowing it's cheaper thru parts and I can add it later or pick up a used one.

I think the Ram Bar looks absolutely awful but that's just my $.02
I thought this too until I saw it in person. I think it looks ok. I did not like though that it sticks up above the shark fin. I mean I know it supposed to in case of roll over, but seriously if that truck rolls that bar ain't going to do a thing. I guess it will protect the antenna but who cares about the antenna? Have it at the same level, it will still protect the cab.

I have a RAMBAR I pulled off my truck. It came from dealer and I didn’t want. Let me know if you want it buy. I’m located in Dallas.

Any problems removing the RamBar? Does it leave the bedliner intact? Or does it need treated afterwards? Thanks!

Last edited:
Do it.

I'm in HP and new to the forum as I just bought a Ram without the bar. How much do you want?

I'm in HP and new to the forum as I just bought a Ram without the bar. How much do you want?
Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your new ride! Post some pics when you have time. Cheers.

Don't get it because it looks stupid?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back