Thule Racks or Rhino Racks

Chugger28

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX Black
Hey Guys and Girls, I always put Thule Racks on my trucks. I surf and fish a lot daily on the Beach in New Jersey. My surf boards rarely fit in the back on my 2017 Platinum F 150, but my 6 foot fishing poles usually fit perfect on a angle in the bed. The Bed on my TRX is a lot shorter. Either way my Surf Boards and now my fishing poles will not fit in the back bed of the truck which was always locked up! So I need a good rack system. I currently had Thule Racks on both My F-150 Platinum's and had enough room in the back bed for my Fishing poles because I have the extended Bed. I had Thule Racks on my roof for my Surf Boards because I ride both Short and Long Boards. With all that I had plenty of room in my truck to spend 1 or two days on Island Beach State Park on the Jersey shore with no problem, which is the best hidden secret here in NJ. I have a Snowboard rack system that can also hold my fishing poles on the roof rack system but I ultimately need a new roof rack system to accommodate both. I looked at Thule and Rhino Racks but none of them had the TRX on their list! Just Rhino Racks had the Ram 1500 on their List! Thule had no Ram listed except for some Ram Van? Any suggestions appreciated

Retrax Pro XR

looking more for roof racks! Thanks STRADALE! I like the bed racks but my Long Boards and paddle boards will not fit as well? Or maybe they will? I'm just always use to putting them on the roof. I will have to look into it more

Thule Carry 10.6 and 13 paddle boards , On my 2017 Rebel will fit my long awaited TRX coming in August . They are used often in an island beach environment and have held up . May buy new in Thule black Pro XR for the new truck .

Attachments

• AB5A1BF8-E1F5-486D-A27B-CEA005CA6DD6.jpeg
    AB5A1BF8-E1F5-486D-A27B-CEA005CA6DD6.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 8D380D40-CA5B-42EB-A275-C0E918BA300D.jpeg
    8D380D40-CA5B-42EB-A275-C0E918BA300D.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 95
Your Truck looks Beautiful. Are you saying stick with Thule?
Thule has worked well, thule wrap pads fade and split after a couple of summers . Now after looking on line Thule Xsporter pro . I will try my oldEr Xsporter pro on the Trx to confirm the fit . I used a tape measure to check awhile back and they seemed to be close but may need a bottom rack modification to work. So will await delivery date for TRX to be sure before ordering a new set.

looking more for roof racks! Thanks STRADALE! I like the bed racks but my Long Boards and paddle boards will not fit as well? Or maybe they will? I'm just always use to putting them on the roof. I will have to look into it more

146556AA-D383-4242-B83D-11C319E30E9F.jpeg

5996C1D3-4D20-4CCD-9A1F-2FBC7B072BE9.jpeg

Or:
FBDC33DB-50FE-4B04-9525-B48D464556F9.jpeg

Guess i need to post my setup too.

Courtesy of Rack Attack website:

1706249754586.png

The basic versatile setup that works well for long items (windsurfing board and masts) or a roof tent on my TRX with lightweight bed cap that can't carry a load atop. Easily removable base rack that accepts lots of Thule accessories on a T-track.
Will post my photos soon too.

Rhino rack Vortex aero bars with Yakima fatcat 6 for ski and snowboard duty. Mounted on a retrax xr pro. Seems to be holding up well so far.

I like the low pro rackmounts as it's out of the wind for the most part so no increase in noise or decrease in fuel economy on the long trips to the slopes.

You could also get the high mounts that are flush with the roof if you wanted the extra length.
20231006_114306.jpg
20231222_054754.jpg

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back