Thinking about not taking delivery.......

I've had no issues with my 2021 TRX that I bought in September. I had no issues with my 2019 Laramie Longhorn (46k miles) or my 2016 Laramie Longhorn (43k miles). On the other hand, my son-in-law's parents have a 2021 Tahoe that in less than 6k miles has already had a valve spring break and has had the transmission replaced, along with a shit ton of electrical issues. My next door neighbor's 2021 F150 Limited is currently at the dealership, for the 4th time, because of a serious engine misfire and several electrical issues.

Stop reading all the doom and gloom articles about the factory because these same issues are more than likely happening at the Ford and GM factories. If you don't want the truck, don't take delivery, but I guarantee that you'll regret it. I can't tell you how many Raptor owners I've spoken with who are in total awe of the TRX, and I've had more compliments on my truck than on any other vehicle I've owned, and this includes the exotics I've owned.

The dealership I bought my truck from did the full checklist inspection beforecI took delivery.

its dissapointing actually, that this truck is this expensive and the quality isn't up to par. but we are to blame as well. If we didn't buy it then the problem would solve itself..

customer care is also terrible as well. I have monkies at a dealership in margate FL. And i was the one who had the dash lights come on at 110 miles. Turned out to be a valve that dropped... thank god i didn't need a new motor..

its dissapointing actually, that this truck is this expensive and the quality isn't up to par. but we are to blame as well. If we didn't buy it then the problem would solve itself..

customer care is also terrible as well. I have monkies at a dealership in margate FL. And i was the one who had the dash lights come on at 110 miles. Turned out to be a valve that dropped... thank god i didn't need a new motor..
This wouldve been expensive 2-3 years ago. In today's market is not that expensive anymore. A wrangler Sahara is more expensive than a base TRX for example. I buy the truck for what's under the hood not for cabin stitching. in 3 years you'll look back and say " Damn that TRX was really priced well". I rather have a coolant hose that needs to be replaced than being afraid my cam phasers go out every time i start the truck. What do you compare it with when you say this truck is expensive?

The bullshit thing is the dealership and ram ARE being paid to do this.
All of the things in the list are supposed to be QC approved at the plant or the dealer in the first place.

Again. This is a high end priced truck. We are not paying Toyota Tacoma pricing.

As I’ve said before, talk to folks who experienced the customer service when buying a bmw, Porsche, merc or other brand where the vehicle was 90-100k

The “we got your money… kick rocks” attitude of some dealers just sucks. The high volume dealers are making the highest profit off each truck due to volume and highest off each individual truck since it will not sit on the lot and is immediately sold.

So to say they won’t spend $25-50 (depending on where you live) on a tech’s book hour to make sure the truck isn’t a QC nightmare especially with KNOWN issues… that’s bullshit.

I previously asked @Zach@Granger if their guys do the checklist or if we needed to bribe them with something.
He responded that they pay their guys pretty good already to do the correct work.

That’s the answer I want to hear. Not saying I don’t want to bribe someone to take a closer look. But that they are already looking is good.
Totally agree. It should be done at the factory and followed up at the dealership.

Am I too focused on all the bad right now and being myopic and overly paranoid?
Yes.

Flip it around. Go on a Raptor forum and read about all the issues that people have there. You haven’t had any of them on your own Raptor, have you? So why assume every one-off issue people post here is gonna happen to you?

Jesus Christ........ Mine was the only member build sheet Tuesday on my ‘22 and I received the window sticker Wednesday, now almost to the point of getting cold feet. If you’re tracking, there were no member TRXs build sheets Wednesday and no TRX build sheets what so ever Thursday, so mine was one of the last this week (so far). Now I read that the plant is in turmoil, disgruntled employees forced to work 3 months w/o normal leave, 7 days (12 hours each) on and 7 off. Parts shortages, employees sent home after the first hour 2 days in a row this week. Sounds like a horrible environment and that no one cares about quality.

Then all I see is more and more issues with recent builds, new truck with 110 miles dash lights up on the drive home, another with 5-6 significant issues, recent builds with oils leaks not corrected in 3+ attempts, Ramcares stating to take the truck back to the selling dealer (which will be 180 miles 1 way for me). Problems after problems with recent builds.

Absolutely not a comparison between vehicles/brands, my ‘19 Raptor has been the best, most fun DD I’ve had since I daily drove my first GT500 for 2 years in 1977/78 LOL. Raptor has 40k miles with very, very few issues, it’s about perfect and now I’m questioning whether I want to potentially leap into a shit pool right now.

Again, not a brand comparison, I know all the manufactures are struggling with build quality and service competency right now, but I’m seriously questioning whether I want to take any risk on any new truck right now. No way do I want to start this bullshit cycle of back and forth to service where no one cares, runaround after runaround, no loaner vehicles or me paying for weeks or months of loaners, etc..

I NEVER thought I would be in this position 6 months ago when I went down the new truck /TRX path, or when I ordered my loaded L2 11 weeks ago.

I know it will be a fun DD, but I’m worried about the built quality/service/parts availability right now. Am I too focused on all the bad right now and being myopic and overly paranoid?

Thanks
My brothers 19 raptor just got back from getting a new ford crate motor. He had 30k miles on it and a cam phaser broke and locked up the motor. Luckily, the brand new crate motor smokes. Lol. Point is: good luck as everything seems to be poorly built.

My dealer refused to let me take delivery of the TRX until their tech went through the extra PDF. They use it on every TRX. Speaks volume to me about my dealer vs Chapman.
Who's your dealer?

I wouldnt leave it for the dealer to make the markup. If you dont like it Give me the vin will put some extra money in your pocket

The bullshit thing is the dealership and ram ARE being paid to do this.
All of the things in the list are supposed to be QC approved at the plant or the dealer in the first place.

Again. This is a high end priced truck. We are not paying Toyota Tacoma pricing.

As I’ve said before, talk to folks who experienced the customer service when buying a bmw, Porsche, merc or other brand where the vehicle was 90-100k

The “we got your money… kick rocks” attitude of some dealers just sucks. The high volume dealers are making the highest profit off each truck due to volume and highest off each individual truck since it will not sit on the lot and is immediately sold.

So to say they won’t spend $25-50 (depending on where you live) on a tech’s book hour to make sure the truck isn’t a QC nightmare especially with KNOWN issues… that’s bullshit.

I previously asked @Zach@Granger if their guys do the checklist or if we needed to bribe them with something.
He responded that they pay their guys pretty good already to do the correct work.

That’s the answer I want to hear. Not saying I don’t want to bribe someone to take a closer look. But that they are already looking is good.
My opinion here is whenever a large volume manufacturer tries to get into the high end market, the quality and customer experience isn't quite the same. You can't be all things to all people.

If you want to buy a land Rover you are paying for that experience. The dealer is more profitable, the experience is reflective of that.

If you sell a $110,000 Jeep next to a $25,000 Compass, you can't get the same build quality on both. On the dealership level, we also don't have the profit margin on the lower end to make up the difference that the experience entails.

That being said, mistakes happen at high end dealerships too. It's just how it's handled in my opinion that makes it right.

My opinion here is whenever a large volume manufacturer tries to get into the high end market, the quality and customer experience isn't quite the same. You can't be all things to all people.

If you want to buy a land Rover you are paying for that experience. The dealer is more profitable, the experience is reflective of that.

If you sell a $110,000 Jeep next to a $25,000 Compass, you can't get the same build quality on both. On the dealership level, we also don't have the profit margin on the lower end to make up the difference that the experience entails.

That being said, mistakes happen at high end dealerships too. It's just how it's handled in my opinion that makes it right.
Couldn’t have said it better. Just because a brand “dabbles” in 6 figure vehicles, it doesn’t mean you get the full luxury car experience. My wife’s Range Rover Sport has had a few electrics gremlins, but they have been awesome about it. They send a loaner for basic servicing and come pick the vehicle up and bring it back (100 miles one way). Same with my 911 turbo. It’s just a different level of amenities that can’t be offered by companies that offer a wide spectrum of vehicles.
I know up front that when my trx arrives(thanks again Zach), it will get serviced by the same gentleman that works on the Dodge Dart in the next bay over. It is what it is.

I have a 2014 Raptor. I follow the Raptor forum. There are just as many Raptor problems mentioned on the Raptor forum as TRX problems on this forum. You don't hear from EVERYONE that does not have problems, thank goodness. Every car has problems. Let's not get into premium car high maintenance issues like with BMW and Audi, yes I own one of those too. Definitely taking delivery of my TRX, if it ever gets built. Ordered in July, 123xxx.

Your concerns arent brand concerns but American concerns. That's the new reality we are in. Not sure anyone remembers but someone somewhere received a Bronco with a laptop still hooked up to it... it's a joke. I challenge anyone in this forum to prove this shitshow isnt here to stay. Covid plays a big issue but we have a diseased country with bombs going off in every industry. Get your truck, pay more and deal with the risk of tons of issues or dont buy it, companies can care less, unfortunately.

I'm more than happy to PM anybody the dealer info (check your inbox). I just don't like to throw it out there on the interweb so that they get spammed.
Could you pm me your dealer also?

I have TRX on order to be built on 12/8. Right now, I'm driving a '21 Limited Night Edition MSRP $75K that I paid $61,500 for with 0% financing. I see so many comments about issues w/the TRX, and then many for sale with less than 2K miles. Makes me wonder if it's buyers remorse, the novelty wore off, quality, etc. I love my limited, and really want a TRX, just don't want to make a mistake and regret it. View attachment 28589
I'm sure a lot of those used ones made 15-25k selling it to a broker

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back