Thieves are targeting TRX, SRT and similar

Wouldn’t them cloning the key defeat this?
The thief could open the door with the clone, but the truck will still not start due to no fuel.
They would have to also clone the relay fob, but the relay fob is a rolling code for garage doors (trillions of combos and different frequency). So they would have to capture and figure out 2 fobs to defeat the system.

The thief could open the door with the clone, but the truck will still not start due to no fuel.
They would have to also clone the relay fob, but the relay fob is a rolling code for garage doors (trillions of combos and different frequency). So they would have to capture and figure out 2 fobs to defeat the system.
I understand that but if you programmed the relay fob to be the same as the trucks fob…..

Dodge just sent a letter to my wife offering to permanently "lock" the RF transponder to prevent making new key fobs (including by Dodge, so buy a couple extras first and then DON'T lose them). They will do that free of charge. Between that and a faraday bag, that would defeat all of the theft methods that have been described.

Does anybody know if they offer the same deal for the TRX?

Dodge just sent a letter to my wife offering to permanently "lock" the RF transponder to prevent making new key fobs (including by Dodge, so buy a couple extras first and then DON'T lose them). They will do that free of charge. Between that and a faraday bag, that would defeat all of the theft methods that have been described.

Does anybody know if they offer the same deal for the TRX?
They don’t offer it for
The trx yet… the only other thing would be the neutral strap and roll that they do. Break a window, pull the cover for the neutral strap, have a busy push it to the road and have a vehicle push it to a rollback. I’ve seen many hellcat videos where they do this. Glass breakage or motion sensor hook up will help deter this mode.

I just had my last truck broken into, so maybe I'm overly paranoid. I don't live out as far as ypu, and I live in the Denver metro area so the odds are much higher.
I'm also in Denver and with thefts increasing even more, I'm definitely a little concerned when I get my TRX.

I am a Police Officer. I drive mopar patrol vehicles only. FCA sends them to us with a secure park feature. We press a "hidden button" and it locks the transmission. You cannot shift out of park unless you press the button first. This is so we can leave our cars running while we may be away from them. Even if you turn the car off and later back on, the transmission is still locked. FCA should offer this tech customized to the individual customer. Customer chooses which factory button combination locks and unlocks the transmission.

I am a Police Officer. I drive mopar patrol vehicles only. FCA sends them to us with a secure park feature. We press a "hidden button" and it locks the transmission. You cannot shift out of park unless you press the button first. This is so we can leave our cars running while we may be away from them. Even if you turn the car off and later back on, the transmission is still locked. FCA should offer this tech customized to the individual customer. Customer chooses which factory button combination locks and unlocks the transmission.
Thanks for your service. This is exactly what Stellantis needs to do for Hellcat vehicles. We are all trying to figure out a way to keep our trucks from getting stolen.

How do we make this happen happen? We have many dealers, vendors, and smart people here. This should become a forum priority IMO

I would love this feature in my TRX and every car I own.

I'm that person who goes into gas stations or coffee shop, or even when I pick up material for a job and leave my vehicle running.

Thanks for your service. This is exactly what Stellantis needs to do for Hellcat vehicles. We are all trying to figure out a way to keep our trucks from getting stolen.

How do we make this happen happen? We have many dealers, vendors, and smart people here. This should become a forum priority IMO
Anybody have any ideas on how to make Stellantis take notice of this? Not sure Change.org is the proper forum, but I don’t know of any institutionalized system that Stellantis would pay attention to?

Wouldn’t the location of the brake lock button just become common knowledge and add seconds to a theft?

Wouldn’t the location of the brake lock button just become common knowledge and add seconds to a theft?
Yes, thats why they should customize it to what the customer wants the button combo to be. Press two buttons to lock the trans and to unlock it.

So configurable in uConnect like the valet code?
Just a two button combo that interrupts the signal from the brake pedal to the transmission so it cannot be shifted out of park. A customer could choose the volume up button behind the steering wheel and the OK button on the front to be pressed at the same time to unlock the trans when depressing the brake. That way the auto start still works but no one can drive the vehicle away.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back