These are not Year 1 quirks....these are Build issues.

TRXJouster

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hellcat>Powerwagon>TRX
I think its time we all stop kidding ourselves.

I know im not the only one who has completely rescinded their lust for the truck, and has insisted on waiting for year 2.

But i sit here with a 2018 Powerwagon that had a failed transmission under 20k miles, and dealers all around me who absolutely SUCK. Like I would be petrified if I had to bring in my TRX for the problems I now must willingly accept their occurrence.

What the hell are we to do? The only truck of its kind, and No one, no media, not Ram, not Dealers, no auto news companies are giving the TRX issues the time of day and the visibility they deserve.
RAM/FCA/Stellantis must literally be laughing at us for every TRX that sells.
You guys are blaming people for driving hard off the dealer lots but i do that with every single gas powered machine i have ever owned and never had these kind of issues.
These trucks are failing in numbers beyond year 1 quirks. I HAVE to walk away, because i drive it like i stole it...The hellcat was fine, but i have proof the TRX is not.

PS...the last 3+ years, i have been a walking billboard/marketing piece for why the TRX was the end all be all drivers truck....

well said...Seeing waaaay too many things going on, missing bolts, fluids blasting out of the engine compartment..and all... I think im pivoting to a 3500 Dually for now.

Looking back at it, it was almost inevitable that the combination of a brand new vehicle and them having to rush production to make up for delays was going to have a compounding negative affect. Usually with so much new engineering you'd want to take more time in quality control not less.

All that said, and with full empathy for those who have been disappointed with their purchase because of issues with their truck, so far I have no complaints about mine. Fit and finish is good, performance is off the charts, and knock on wood zero issues. So from my perspective I love it. Of course that will change quickly if it takes a dump on me.

I will also say that being on a forum, especially at this point in time where most people still don't have their own trucks to focus on and write about, and seeing this all the time will give someone a distorted sense of reality:

Screen-Shot-2021-02-22-at-11-15-03-AM.png

There is undoubtably a lot of inexcusable stuff going on with the truck and the issues are very real to the people who are experiencing them, but I'm not sure if there are more or less prevalent than in any other newly launched vehicle. I'd be interesting to have the data to know for sure but that's not the type of thing that's available. For example I think I just read that the Bronco just got recalled, for better or worse that still hasn't happened with the TRX.

All this to say that although it may appear that there are more issues than one would have expected, it's hard to ascertain that for sure. Tbh the most depressing aspect of what's been happening is that most of it seems to be avoidable with better qc rather than any inherent engineering issues with the vehicle itself.

For some reason the negative seems to always be amplified, and not to diminish some of these issues, I for one was fully aware of the possible problems concerning a new vehicle launch. Shit is gonna happen ... how you react and deal with it is up to you. Good luck on your choice to get another truck. Cheers

I know im not the only one who has completely rescinded their lust for the truck, and has insisted on waiting for year 2.

But i sit here with a 2018 Powerwagon that had a failed transmission under 20k miles, and dealers all around me who absolutely SUCK. Like I would be petrified if I had to bring in my TRX for the problems I now must willingly accept their occurrence.

What the hell are we to do? The only truck of its kind, and No one, no media, not Ram, not Dealers, no auto news companies are giving the TRX issues the time of day and the visibility they deserve.
You guys are blaming people for driving hard off the dealer lots but i do that with every single gas powered machine i have ever owned and never had these kind of issues.
These trucks are failing in numbers beyond year 1 quirks. I HAVE to walk away, because i drive it like i stole it...The hellcat was fine, but i have proof the TRX is not.

PS...the last 3+ years, i have been a walking billboard/marketing piece for why the TRX was the end all be all drivers truck....
Kinda makes you wonder about this car company (I gave up trying to keep up with the name changes) can design such beautiful and award winning products, ie the Jeep JL Wrangler, RAM 1500, Dodge Demon and now the TRX and yet turnaround and screw up with follow up in quality, workmanship and dealer support AFTER the sale. How many times has the JL been recalled since 2018? Like 20 times?

Have to expect some of the hiccups but yeah maybe a little more issues then anyone would have expected or liked. But I would rather get a TRX or a C8 on launch years and be able to unload if it has issues for what I paid vs say a 2021 F150 Limited that if it has issues, I ate 20% leaving the dealer lot. So pros and cons all around. If the 2021 Raptor even with a V6 was available, I would have jumped ship already; purely because of my frustration with Rams useless customer service and lack of communication transparency. Since nothing else with this value hold is currently on the market, kind of still fine rolling the dice on issues since there are people who have trucks that haven't had issues.

I think another thing you bring up that is important is also access to a good dealer. The dealer I ordered with is great and I have heard great things about them in terms of service so at least I am in good hands after the purchase which is reassuring. Hopefully don't need to ever find out how good their service department really is lol.

My truck has been awesome with no major issues to date, and have currently 700 miles on it and about to try launch control for the first time!

I have a very mild hemi tick and seems to go away once it warms up but nothing that seems concerning. The only other thing I have noticed is my truck is leaning to one side a little bit, the driver side rear fender measures 40 inches from the ground and the passenger side rear fender measures 41 inches from the ground. So have about 1 inch lean from one side to the other... not sure if this is considered normal or not...

I LOVE my new TRX and it's been my dream vehicle in every way (combo truck and supercar)! No regrets on my purchse.

I can get ahold if a friend and have this go loud on Jalopnik?

I haven’t done it yet because it will likely fuck the resale on the 21’s

There just doesn’t seem to be any serious engineering issues. That’s keeping me positive.

THIS..... We aren’t seeing catastrophic failures. These issues aren’t due to engineering issues or bad components. This is human error. There is likely a learning curve for the factory workers building these trucks and they’re getting used to it. No matter what, humans are going to make mistakes and there will be growing pains that will get worked out. EVERY SINGLE CAR LAUNCH has these kinds of things happen. The fact that we are all passionate forum users magnifies the issues and makes it seem like every truck is doomed but the reality is they have likely already built thousands of trucks and not all of them have these kinds of issues I’m sure.

Last edited:

This is a major concern with me buying one... I am trying to justify if I do get one and consumer reports trashes it as a money pit and an unreliable vehicle.... it won’t be worth anything if I want to try get out later....

oh I just fed it to them, if anything, it should kill all the ADMs dealers are asking.

2,000 miles down besides a few chirps on super cold starts I’ve had zero problems with mine . No loose bolts nothing , so maybe I just got a good one. So far better than my first gen 2 raptor which was bought back by Ford after the trans grenaded it’s self along with electrical issues at 2,500 miles 😂.

There just doesn’t seem to be any serious engineering issues. That’s keeping me positive.
Agreed. Most of what we've seen has been inspect-able and fixable before leaving the dealer if caught with a good check. Sterling Heights should be embarrassed at their manufacturing process though. Seems like they have a low morale situation or something translating to shit quality and caring in their jobs. You think of the whole Toyota way thinking, and this is like the antithesis.

THIS..... We aren’t seeing catastrophic failures. These issues aren’t due to engineering issues or bad components. This is human error. There is likely a learning curve for the factory workers building these trucks and they’re getting used to it. No matter what, humans are going to make misted and there will be growing pains that will get worked out. EVERY SINGLE CAR LAUNCH has these kinds of things happen. The fact that we are all passionate forum users magnifies the issues and makes it seem like every truck is doomed but the reality is they have likely already built thousands of trucks and not all of them have these kinds of issues I’m sure.

Exactly. Remember how likely people are to be vocal about a negative outcome. You are seeing a concentration of that information on a forum designed for exactly that - connecting with other owners. The other folks are out driving their trucks and I don't blame them.

I can understand the frustration the OP is feeling and don't blame him one bit. FCA mishandled the allocation delivery aspect from where I'm sitting but there's likely a reason. This truck has been so hyped up and few are getting to get in on the fun. I applaud FCA for pushing the envelope and I realize there will be some kinks with so many "firsts" intersecting at once.

Just my .02.

J

Exactly. Remember how likely people are to be vocal about a negative outcome. You are seeing a concentration of that information on a forum designed for exactly that - connecting with other owners. The other folks are out driving their trucks and I don't blame them.

I can understand the frustration the OP is feeling and don't blame him one bit. FCA mishandled the allocation delivery aspect from where I'm sitting but there's likely a reason. This truck has been so hyped up and few are getting to get in on the fun. I applaud FCA for pushing the envelope and I realize there will be some kinks with so many "firsts" intersecting at once.

Just my .02.

J
And a very good.02 !!

THIS..... We aren’t seeing catastrophic failures. These issues aren’t due to engineering issues or bad components. This is human error. There is likely a learning curve for the factory workers building these trucks and they’re getting used to it. No matter what, humans are going to make mistakes and there will be growing pains that will get worked out. EVERY SINGLE CAR LAUNCH has these kinds of things happen. The fact that we are all passionate forum users magnifies the issues and makes it seem like every truck is doomed but the reality is they have likely already built thousands of trucks and not all of them have these kinds of issues I’m sure.

why is everybody focused on catastrophic failure. I don’t give a shit what breaks (a bolt, a motor, transmission, hose, etc). The facts are I’m stranded and if this was a road trip, completely screwed.

I understand that there are likely more trucks with issues out there than what we have reported here on the forums by members, but right now the tracker has 32 and some of those aren't forum trucks so that number is even reaching into that pool of "others". As of right now, we have 3039 trucks built with 2305 of those finished. Given the current 10 day average window sticker to delivery I'll take away the last 564 trucks leaving us with 1741. 32 trucks from 1741 is 1.8% and that percentage should only go down as the factory adjusts to building a new model and as more get delivered.

We would all be very annoyed if the other 1709 truck owners above each had their own thread here talking about their truck had no problems and was working as expected.

*EDIT TO ADD*
One more thought, of those 32 some definitely should not carry the same weight in an issues report. 2 are shipping damage only, and could happen to any vehicle. (Could be argued that the size of the TRX makes it more susceptible, but still) Others are simple things like missing floor mats on delivery. Frustrating, but definitely not on the same level as a grenading front diff or puking fluids.

Last edited:
Back