The squeaker update !!

BMF702

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 ford raptor ,2019 Silverado,2016 Chevy z06
So I went to a great dealership this morning out here in Wisconsin , service guys were great and easy to talk to . but the chirps still not diagnosed , so it’s definitely not the pulleys . They seem to think it’s a noise coming from the manifolds . So I unfortunately there is nothing to report but that it’s supposedly normal . Got my paper work to start a paper trail and we’ll see if this gets worse . These guys seemed pretty honest in there opinion .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 82

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
*Moved to Problems and Issues*

Sirbunnyeater

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
'89 GMC 502, '18 Tundra, '86 Regal T-Type
So I went to a great dealership this morning out here in Wisconsin , service guys were great and easy to talk to . but the chirps still not diagnosed , so it’s definitely not the pulleys . They seem to think it’s a noise coming from the manifolds . So I unfortunately there is nothing to report but that it’s supposedly normal . Got my paper work to start a paper trail and we’ll see if this gets worse . These guys seemed pretty honest in there opinion .
So for me the chirps went away once I got up to operating temp. The fact that it’s a resonance from the manifolds is actually a good thing in my opinion. I’ll poke around once she gets some miles and see what I can learn. Get the wrenches out. Get the stethoscope out.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
Interested in how this plays out. Also what part of WI are you in? I am in Tomah, WI.

OP
BMF702

BMF702

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 ford raptor ,2019 Silverado,2016 Chevy z06
Interested in how this plays out. Also what part of WI are you in? I am in Tomah, WI.
yes we’ll see, still don’t think it’s right since my hellcat had zero chirps but maybe the different manifolds is why ? Who knows lol but I’m out towards the Milwaukee area of Wisconsin .

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
yes we’ll see, still don’t think it’s right since my hellcat had zero chirps but maybe the different manifolds is why ? Who knows lol but I’m out towards the Milwaukee area of Wisconsin .
Sounds like a candidate for big open flow headers.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com