Texas TRX Owners

It’s a tax deduction you can take on a truck for business use.
Unless something changed the bed being under 6ft the TRX would not be eligible for 100% write off.
I think it gets limited to a 25k write off like full size SUVs .

It’s a tax deduction you can take on a truck for business use.
Unless something changed the bed being under 6ft the TRX would not be eligible for 100% write off.
I think it gets limited to a 25k write off like full size SUVs .
Wrong. The only requirement is GVWR over 6500 pounds. My trackhawk qualifies.

What are the limits on Typical Passenger Vehicles used for Business?
  • Other heavy “non-SUV” vehicles and trucks with a cargo area at least six feet in interior length (this area must not be easily accessible from the passenger area.) To give an example, many pickups with full-sized cargo beds will qualify for a full deduction (although some “extended cab” pickups may have beds that are too small to qualify).
Limits for SUVs or Crossover Vehicles with GVW above 6,000lbs
Certain vehicles (with a gross vehicle weight rating above 6,000 lbs. but no more than 14,000 lbs.) qualify for deducting up to $25,000 if the vehicle is purchased and placed in service prior to December 31 and meets other conditions.

Under 179 even cars qualify - just limited to $11,160.
Correct .
iwas simply pointin out the TRX was limmited to 25k under sec 179. Due to its less then 6ft bed length.

In on Launch Edition @MSRP. 20% should hit in October, 80% in November. Since they sold out in 3 hours not sure how they decide who gets theirs first?
Production doesn’t start till october. When I ordered my car it took 8 weeks once they started to build it. Dealers are saying none of these trucks will hit a lot until late December at the earliest. Reality is probably January or February.

Production doesn’t start till october. When I ordered my car it took 8 weeks once they started to build it. Dealers are saying none of these trucks will hit a lot until late December at the earliest. Reality is probably January or February.
At the dealership the sales director said that 20% of Launch Editions would hit the showrooms in October and the remaining 80% would hit in November. That’s not when they go into production, but when they are scheduled to hit the dealerships for us to pick up. We will see I will be trying to patiently waiting like young kids on a road trip... “Are we there yet”.

At the dealership the sales director said that 20% of Launch Editions would hit the showrooms in October and the remaining 80% would hit in November. That’s not when they go into production, but when they are scheduled to hit the dealerships for us to pick up. We will see I will be trying to patiently waiting like young kids on a road trip... “Are we there yet”.
Hopefully that is true but the email that was read to me was production won’t start till the beginning of October. Orders take anywhere from 8-12 weeks to be built and shipped.

Not sure how RAM works but the F-250 I ordered in 2017 hit the dealer's lot exactly 30 days from the date the order was placed into the system. However, I am only about 500 miles away from the Louisville, KY factory so guessing my truck never went on a rail car. My understanding is rail shipment can take a while.

Hopefully that is true but the email that was read to me was production won’t start till the beginning of October. Orders take anywhere from 8-12 weeks to be built and shipped.
You were right, the first Launch Edition does not start production until 10/12 so we won’t see any until mid to late December.

Back