Texas TRX Owners

NashRam

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Messages
210
Reaction score
165
Location
Texas
Current Ride
Ram 1500 Laramie

Big B

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
150
Location
Aubrey, Texas
Current Ride
2011 Honda Element
In on Launch Edition @MSRP. 20% should hit in October, 80% in November. Since they sold out in 3 hours not sure how they decide who gets theirs first?
 

Gozar

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
312
Reaction score
645
Location
Here
In on Launch Edition @MSRP. 20% should hit in October, 80% in November. Since they sold out in 3 hours not sure how they decide who gets theirs first?
Appreciate the info. Would love to take the Section 179 deduction this year - keeping the fingers crossed.
 

Big B

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
150
Location
Aubrey, Texas
Current Ride
2011 Honda Element
Appreciate the info. Would love to take the Section 179 deduction this year - keeping the fingers crossed.
What s the section 179 deduction?
 

CC1999

TRX Fan
Joined
Aug 21, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
89
Location
Kansas
Current Ride
Ram 2500 CTD / Tundra / Land Cruiser
It’s a tax deduction you can take on a truck for business use.
Unless something changed the bed being under 6ft the TRX would not be eligible for 100% write off.
I think it gets limited to a 25k write off like full size SUVs .
 

Gozar

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
312
Reaction score
645
Location
Here
It’s a tax deduction you can take on a truck for business use.
Unless something changed the bed being under 6ft the TRX would not be eligible for 100% write off.
I think it gets limited to a 25k write off like full size SUVs .
Yep, 25.9k in 2020. Even without bonus depreciation. I will take it any day. ;)
 

KenW

TRX Member
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
36
Location
Texas
Current Ride
Trackhawk
It’s a tax deduction you can take on a truck for business use.
Unless something changed the bed being under 6ft the TRX would not be eligible for 100% write off.
I think it gets limited to a 25k write off like full size SUVs .
Wrong. The only requirement is GVWR over 6500 pounds. My trackhawk qualifies.
 

Gozar

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
312
Reaction score
645
Location
Here
Under 179 even cars qualify - just limited to $11,160.
 

CC1999

TRX Fan
Joined
Aug 21, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
89
Location
Kansas
Current Ride
Ram 2500 CTD / Tundra / Land Cruiser


What are the limits on Typical Passenger Vehicles used for Business?
  • Other heavy “non-SUV” vehicles and trucks with a cargo area at least six feet in interior length (this area must not be easily accessible from the passenger area.) To give an example, many pickups with full-sized cargo beds will qualify for a full deduction (although some “extended cab” pickups may have beds that are too small to qualify).
Limits for SUVs or Crossover Vehicles with GVW above 6,000lbs
Certain vehicles (with a gross vehicle weight rating above 6,000 lbs. but no more than 14,000 lbs.) qualify for deducting up to $25,000 if the vehicle is purchased and placed in service prior to December 31 and meets other conditions.
 

CC1999

TRX Fan
Joined
Aug 21, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
89
Location
Kansas
Current Ride
Ram 2500 CTD / Tundra / Land Cruiser
Under 179 even cars qualify - just limited to $11,160.
Correct .
iwas simply pointin out the TRX was limmited to 25k under sec 179. Due to its less then 6ft bed length.
 

Hell_TRX21

TRX Member
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
9
Location
Houston
Current Ride
2015 charger scatpack
Military
No
In on Launch Edition @MSRP. 20% should hit in October, 80% in November. Since they sold out in 3 hours not sure how they decide who gets theirs first?
Production doesn’t start till october. When I ordered my car it took 8 weeks once they started to build it. Dealers are saying none of these trucks will hit a lot until late December at the earliest. Reality is probably January or February.
 

Big B

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
150
Location
Aubrey, Texas
Current Ride
2011 Honda Element
Production doesn’t start till october. When I ordered my car it took 8 weeks once they started to build it. Dealers are saying none of these trucks will hit a lot until late December at the earliest. Reality is probably January or February.
At the dealership the sales director said that 20% of Launch Editions would hit the showrooms in October and the remaining 80% would hit in November. That’s not when they go into production, but when they are scheduled to hit the dealerships for us to pick up. We will see I will be trying to patiently waiting like young kids on a road trip... “Are we there yet”.
 

Hell_TRX21

TRX Member
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
9
Location
Houston
Current Ride
2015 charger scatpack
Military
No
At the dealership the sales director said that 20% of Launch Editions would hit the showrooms in October and the remaining 80% would hit in November. That’s not when they go into production, but when they are scheduled to hit the dealerships for us to pick up. We will see I will be trying to patiently waiting like young kids on a road trip... “Are we there yet”.
Hopefully that is true but the email that was read to me was production won’t start till the beginning of October. Orders take anywhere from 8-12 weeks to be built and shipped.
 
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com
Top