SwingCase Bed Storage

MsMatt

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I purchased and installed the SwingCase storage box. Install is really easy and there wasn't much content to see how good these boxes really are, so I put up a couple videos. First just shows how it all works, what you can store inside etc. Second is the installation video which is really easy. I highly recommend this. My old Raptor had a crate out back that was Kinda a PITA.

I had one of these on my Raptor and if you don't ever go offroad, they are great to have (I used it for my first aid/trauma kit, tire air-down tools, as well as my backup tow strap and soft shackle). After going offroad a few times it started binding and needed adjustment when using the swing function. About a year and a half of weekly/monthly offroading later and it wouldn't latch/unlatch without slamming it super hard. I removed it when it got to that point...

But my dad has one on his truck (on-road use only), and it is still holding up much better...so like I said, if you're not planning on leaving the pavement or driving on rough surfaces often, they are great to have. Price is a little steep but there's not really another good option like it.

I had one of these on my Raptor and if you don't ever go offroad, they are great to have (I used it for my first aid/trauma kit, tire air-down tools, as well as my backup tow strap and soft shackle). After going offroad a few times it started binding and needed adjustment when using the swing function. About a year and a half of weekly/monthly offroading later and it wouldn't latch/unlatch without slamming it super hard. I removed it when it got to that point...

But my dad has one on his truck (on-road use only), and it is still holding up much better...so like I said, if you're not planning on leaving the pavement or driving on rough surfaces often, they are great to have. Price is a little steep but there's not really another good option like it.
Yeah, makes sense, if you are bashing around and its heavy its going to bend the brackets. One thought I have is to wedge something under it, like a couple towels or something you inflate to support it from the bottom and take stress off the brackets if you are going to go somewhere rough. Seems like that would help.

I miss my RamBoxes as well! I think this is great! As much as I like the drivers side box, I think I would want to go with the passenger side as it does not impede on the led light for the bed. I assume this covers that switch, correct? Thanks!

I miss my RamBoxes as well! I think this is great! As much as I like the drivers side box, I think I would want to go with the passenger side as it does not impede on the led light for the bed. I assume this covers that switch, correct? Thanks!
Yes, it does, but you know you just hit the unlock button on the fob, or open a door and bed lights come on, so really the button is very redundant. You can reach it with the case open also. I just always am on the drivers side, also, right handed so for me its just more comfortable, but either side makes sense.

Yes, it does, but you know you just hit the unlock button on the fob, or open a door and bed lights come on, so really the button is very redundant. You can reach it with the case open also. I just always am on the drivers side, also, right handed so for me its just more comfortable, but either side makes sense.
That is true...the drivers side is so much more handy as that is where we get in and out! And I'll be honest, the light is hardly used...but if it can be turned on with the unlock, that would help!

I have used these on my Super duty's for years and they work great. Thanks for the install video. Nice GT3 in the back ground. I notice it looks like your drill is going backwards when you first start drilling and then switch to forward. Is that a better way to use self tapping screws?

I have used these on my Super duty's for years and they work great. Thanks for the install video. Nice GT3 in the back ground. I notice it looks like your drill is going backwards when you first start drilling and then switch to forward. Is that a better way to use self tapping screws?
Ugh, no, that is just being dumb...... :).

Actually what you might be seeing is me using the high speed for the drill and then low speed, high torque to screw in the bolt. I think the battery was getting low, so needed to gear down. Plus that back rail is really thick so took some pressure to tighten those self tapping bolts.

Yeah, makes sense, if you are bashing around and its heavy its going to bend the brackets. One thought I have is to wedge something under it, like a couple towels or something you inflate to support it from the bottom and take stress off the brackets if you are going to go somewhere rough. Seems like that would help.
Yes that sounds like a good idea, like you said it's the stress on the brackets that's causing it.
BTW - love the channel, I've been watching your videos; great camera work and editing!

LOL I thought I had learned a new trick.

My dad had the Ram Box on the side of his old power wagon......what a beast that thing was.....1977 with a 440 bored out.

Hey everyone, so I purchased and installed the SwingCase storage box. Install is really easy and there wasn't much content to see how good these boxes really are, so I put up a couple videos. First just shows how it all works, what you can store inside etc. Second is the installation video which is really easy. I highly recommend this. My old Raptor had a crate out back that was Kinda a PITA.

Great videos!

I have the Swing Out case courtesy of the Ford Pass points. I like it. I‘m thinking about one for the TRX.

21EFFE4D-835D-459B-A3D6-D88725E207EC.jpeg
5E8B5805-DAD3-40D0-90FF-6573056DC012.jpeg

Does anyone know if the swing box gets in the way of the cargo rails? I should of checked before ordering!

Back