SUBTLE 2023 UPGRADE? SMOKED?

OnTheReel

TRX Maniac
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I know we are all enthralled with the new black door handles and whatnot. But this is something I’ve not seen discussed. And I think I’m onto something:

The mirror turn signals sure as hell look like they are smoked to finally match the headlights on the 2023s. The ones on mine and other 2021-2022 are a super bright chrome in comparison.

Just some random 2023 pics I grabbed:
09A8873A-8B46-403B-98E8-941C00696D4D.jpeg
3277C1A9-6717-4F9D-A458-E8E3500601AD.jpeg
F39B1F63-5CB0-470F-A671-8EC699ED0681.jpeg
519FDD19-6F6D-4D86-BF0D-76BCF81F4A8A.jpeg
64CC5A30-2CF3-435D-A5FC-00C32975FD82.jpeg

2021-2022 for reference:
392E318E-C6A5-4309-A8F5-7342C060FB11.jpeg

E44E6F24-61AE-4BCF-811E-5BD05D6A70D2.jpeg
0A51C66F-080C-472B-BF77-8E5B027EC32E.jpeg

Unless I’m totally delusional and seeing things, this should be a good OEM+ upgrade for us poors with last years models.

They do look better and they do look darker. Who can do the part # confirmations?
The online dealer catalogs I’ve checked so far don’t seem to have anything for 2023s yet but maybe someone working on the inside can provide them. I kinda need these. It’s going to haunt me.

Makes a pretty subtle but important difference in the look of the truck. I’m a fan!

I was just looking into buying some tint for them. I can’t remember the website but they had pre-cut tint for them for like $20 I want to say. These look like the housing is blacked out though which would be better, but how much would it cost is probably a ridiculously high answer.

I was just looking into buying some tint for them. I can’t remember the website but they had pre-cut tint for them for like $20 I want to say. These look like the housing is blacked out though which would be better, but how much would it cost is probably a ridiculously high answer.
Cost shouldn’t be excessive. The normal “chrome” turn signals are only $37.50 per side.
C6A071B4-CCA6-4620-B7B9-804C5D47FE46.jpeg

More expensive than tint for sure, but I think it would be worth it. Only downside is having to do the intensely scary process of pulling the mirror glass for access. I did it once to change mirror caps and felt like I got away with murder when nothing broke.

Cost shouldn’t be excessive. The normal “chrome” turn signals are only $37.50 per side. View attachment 85604
More expensive than tint for sure, but I think it would be worth it. Only downside is having to do the intensely scary process of pulling the mirror glass for access. I did it once to change mirror caps and felt like I got away with murder when nothing broke.
Good eye. I think the darker looks much better. Would like to get those when available but don't know if I want to go through the removing the mirrors ordeal again. I had also put the body color mirror caps
on but I had my dealer do it because I was afraid of breaking the mirror. I originally took it to a local truck shop to do it but they said they wouldn't because of concern about breaking the mirror.

And the dealer ended up breaking one of the mirrors after all. However they of course replaced the mirror and then didn't charge at all for putting the mirror caps on so all worked out.

And the dealer ended up breaking one of the mirrors after all. However they of course replaced the mirror and then didn't charge at all for putting the mirror caps on so all worked out.
Guessing it was the passenger side that broke? It‘s the sketchy one because it’s not auto-dimming and a lot thinner. I priced out the glass before I attempted mine and it was like $80 so I took the risk and got lucky.

Guessing it was the passenger side that broke? It‘s the sketchy one because it’s not auto-dimming and a lot thinner. I priced out the glass before I attempted mine and it was like $80 so I took the risk and got lucky.
Exactly, it was the passenger one. I originally was going to try it myself but my wife talked me out of it. I am not known for my mechanical skills😂

That would explain why it cracks so easy compared to drivers side then!

I had came across Amazon a while back for these. Not sure how I feel about them but nonetheless they are smoked too

Screenshot_20230116_200614_Amazon Shopping.jpg

NSLUMO Sequential LED Side Mirror Marker Lights Compatible w/ 2019-2022 Do-dge RAM 1500 Pickup Towing Mirror Turn Signal Indicator Lamp Assembly Smoked Lens https://a.co/d/fI7mtyI

I had came across Amazon a while back for these. Not sure how I feel about them but nonetheless they are smoked too

View attachment 85671
NSLUMO Sequential LED Side Mirror Marker Lights Compatible w/ 2019-2022 Do-dge RAM 1500 Pickup Towing Mirror Turn Signal Indicator Lamp Assembly Smoked Lens https://a.co/d/fI7mtyI
Seen them but not a fan of sequential. The '23 ones look perfect

I’m curious if anyone with a 2023 and tow mirrors can provide a pic. It would be nice if that had the smoked lenses as well.
1673922516350.png

Doesn't look to be smoked on 2023 tow mirrors. This is a friends truck from last week.

Don't mind the black handles on the doors but the tailgate handles being black looks a bit meh. Don't have a good picture of the tailgate handle but the whole surround is black too.

Back