Stolen Today! AirTag Got'em

Agsx2

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Ford Raptor
Well, chalk up another Houston area theft. My 2023 was stolen right out of the parking garage across from my busy office complex in the middle of the day at lunch. Smashed the back driver side window, popped off the screen to disable the GPS and used some device to replicate a key to start the truck. Fortunately I just happen to look out the office window and see it was not there. I had hidden two AirTags in the truck in both the front and rear cabin. When I noticed the truck was gone, I pulled up the tracker on my phone and saw my truck on I-45 heading south only about seven miles away. I got my buddy and started following in his car while I had the police on my cell phone giving them coordinates from the AirTag. Five police cars and a helicopter were able to track them down and they got arrested! Crazy Day!

This crap is totally out of control. Glad you got your truck back and glad the police took some aggressive action to apprehend the scumbags. I would suggest Revelco or IGLA install right away.

This crap is totally out of control. Glad you got your truck back and glad the police took some aggressive action to apprehend the scumbags. I would suggest Revelco or IGLA install right away.
Yes, that's my next stop when I get it back from the shop to fix the damage they did.

Well, chalk up another Houston area theft. My 2023 was stolen right out of the parking garage across from my busy office complex in the middle of the day at lunch. Smashed the back driver side window, popped off the screen to disable the GPS and used some device to replicate a key to start the truck. Fortunately I just happen to look out the office window and see it was not there. I had hidden two AirTags in the truck in both the front and rear cabin. When I noticed the truck was gone, I pulled up the tracker on my phone and saw my truck on I-45 heading south only about seven miles away. I got my buddy and started following in his car while I had the police on my cell phone giving them coordinates from the AirTag. Five police cars and a helicopter were able to track them down and they got arrested! Crazy Day!
1. Sorry to hear, but glad you were paying attention and got it recovered
2. FINALLY some of these fuckers get caught
3. Did you get it back?
4. Please get Ravelco or IGLA + compustar t13 alarm on recovery… I see @wac45 beat me to it

About time, one decent story. Houston sounds like a real shithole more and more daily.

3. Did you get it back?
4. Please get Ravelco or IGLA + compustar t13 alarm on recovery… I see @wac45 beat me to it

About time, one decent story. Houston sounds like a real shithole more and more daily.
I did get it back. Police let me leave with it after they finished at the scene. Drove it straight to the dealership to get back window and center console repaired.

I did get it back. Police let me leave with it after they finished at the scene. Drove it straight to the dealership to get back window and center console repaired.
That’s great. It’s the one good ended story from a Houston theft to date. Any word on the pricks that did it?

Glad you got it back - and a great ad for AirTags as an easy supplement to a security system.

That’s great. It’s the one good ended story from a Houston theft to date. Any word on the pricks that did it?
They actually stole the truck out of Mongomery County which is MUCH more conservative than Harris County. Police said they would try to prosecute them in Montgomery County and since the value exceeded $100k it would be a harsher penalty. Cop said in Harris County they would be back on the streets tomorrow.

They actually stole the truck out of Mongomery County which is MUCH more conservative than Harris County. Police said they would try to prosecute them in Montgomery County and since the value exceeded $100k it would be a harsher penalty. Cop said in Harris County they would be back on the streets tomorrow.
That explains the police response. Excellent

Glad you had the right County LEO's on your side!

I have a handful of airtags in mine as well, If mine gets ganked here in Libtown, They'll tell me they have no units available at the moment, but might be able to get an officer to my house in a day or two to take a report.

To which I'll answer.. "No worries, I'm following them now, and I'm loaded for bear.... Have the Coroner on standby"

Then they'll chase after me... and hopefully nab them at the same time.

When they find no weapons in my car.. They'll be like " You said you were armed, and in pursuit"
To which I'll reply... "And you said you didn't have any units available.. So I guess were all a bunch of fucking liars eh?"

Wow, that's insane! Glad to hear you were able to track it down and get it back. Sucks about the damage. After reading your post, I decided to order Airtags for all my vehicles.

Very happy it was recovered. Those guys should be skinned alive.

your not the silver trx parked by the office building near the hoodlands are you?

sucks they stole it, at least you got it back.

your not the silver trx parked by the office building near the hoodlands are you?

sucks they stole it, at least you got it back.
In The Woodlands but mine is Granite

Glad this incident had a happy ending. Now I'm curious about how these criminals will be handled hopefully they're not back on the streets in a week.

3. Did you get it back?

Wow great story of AirTags coming to the rescue! Curious, how much to get IGLA and Compustar installed? I will be getting my TRX next week and driving it from out of state, now I am paranoid. For time being gonna use AirTags and a Club.

3. Did you get it back?
3. Did you get it back?

3. Did you get it back?

My TRX was stolen Monday night 7/10 from a Woodlands Montgomery County par
… I see @wac45 beat me to it

Exec_TRX My TRX was stolen Monday night 7/10/23 from a “secure” parking garage same general location as Agsx2 Not recovered. Just trying to understand you statement about what to get. Do you mean get a either a Revelco or IGLA and add a Compustar T13 alarm on recovery to either the Revelco or IGLA?

What does “alarm on recovery” mean?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Wow great story of AirTags coming to the rescue! Curious, how much to get IGLA and Compustar installed? I will be getting my TRX next week and driving it from out of state, now I am paranoid. For time being gonna use AirTags and a Club.
They are theft and vandalism magnets

Amazing! A fellow Houstonian saving his truck! I will do the same thing when I get my truck back. I am surprised you were able to get the HPD to chase them.

How did you hide the air tags?

Back