Stolen. Looking for help with buying a new TRX

Ok nice you get them both installed you won’t have to worry about only 2 hours sleep ever again, unless it’s definitely self inflicted or another stress!

👍👍👍

Yeah kinda left out something, I took an Uber w my wife from Long Island to the Bronx because I was drinking. Was so upset about what happened thought she was gone.

Glad you got her back.
Im puzzled as to how they opened the truck to reprogram a key??
You said you had the fobs in a faraday, right? Any windows drilled or anything?

Windows I think are fine. Yup, farady box.
IMG_7286.jpeg

It was fast.
Sounds like that box might not work so well! I have faraday bags. I don’t need them anymore lol since I leave my fob in the truck!

I tested the box w the Fobs in there right next to the door of my Trx. Unless they somehow picked up a signal when I wasnt home.

To the OP I'm glad you got your truck back with no damage. The wires hanging down are probably the SGW cables, the thieves pull those out so the can plug in to make a new key, just plug those back in. Get the IGLA installed ASAP.

Just a tip for any future people that read this thread but then get their truck stolen, when the cops call you to go get your truck (if it is recoverd and it's not damaged badly) grab your key fobs and take them with you. Then while enroute call a mobile locksmith that has a programmer and get him to meet you onsite. While you are dealing with the cops he will delete the thiefs fob and reprogram your fobs back to your truck so you drive it away. When mine got recoverd and towed home from Quebec that's what I did, it cost me $100 per fob and took him 20 minutes. No janky tow behinds in parking garages or taking it to a dealer and waiting for them to do anything.
Can just get a programmer and do it yourself 🙃, in all honesty this is fantastic advice, 👏

Probably the truck was left unlocked that's how they get in

Probably the truck was left unlocked that's how they get in
It actually takes less than 30 seconds for me to pick the locks on them all (Chrysler vehicles) far less conspicuous and you don’t have to replace the window when they ship it overseas

It actually takes less than 30 seconds for me to pick the locks on them all (Chrysler vehicles) far less conspicuous and you don’t have to replace the window when they ship it overseas
Make sense

Make sense
Lishi pick line is insane, should be locksmith only but they are not. Can actually use them to decode and then use the lishi nipping pliers to cut a key on the spot. Pull horn wires, pick the drivers door, delete/make a fob and turn alarm off. Shits getting ridiculous, might as well put a key holding ring on the drivers mirror with a bit arrow pointing to it

Thanks. My dealership said the thieves removed the computer.
Weird?? I'm not sure why they would do that? In all honesty, all they need to do is pop the cover off under the steering wheel, pull the fuse for the infotainment center and there's no gps tracking from the truck at all. Unless you have your own installed somewhere.

Windows I think are fine. Yup, farady box.
View attachment 116283
Maybe they followed you from a store or something and cloned your key fob signal when you were locking/unlocking the truck? Or followed you into a store and captured your signal, then followed you home so they knew where to find the truck later on?

So glad to hear you got your truck back. What a crazy ordeal.

Once you decide which ant theft device to get, you may also want to consider a neutral pull strap delete or cover. As so many have stated in other threads, it is truly all about layering your security. It is just nice to hear that you recovered your truck. Kudos to the LE agencies on this rapid find.

Once you decide which ant theft device to get, you may also want to consider a neutral pull strap delete or cover. As so many have stated in other threads, it is truly all about layering your security. It is just nice to hear that you recovered your truck. Kudos to the LE agencies on this rapid find.
The cover for the pull strap does nothing. They can just roll under truck and pull the lever on the trans to put it in neutral. The lever needs removing.

Hey Caliche! How you been?

So it was the Sirius GPS that found the vehicle. I only had Sat Radio but called Sirius and they were able to add the GPS tracker after it was stolen. They wouldn’t provide me location information but I received a call from Nassau PD that it was pinged in the Bronx. Hours went by I started politely making noise and eventually I received a call from my Lake Success Police Department that NYPD had the vehicle. Zero damage to the exterior. Under the dash wires were hanging.

I was on the way to pick it up in the parking garage, I expected to get to the truck, get in and drive it home. The truck wouldn’t recognize the FOB. Had to call a tow truck. Waited for 2 hours freezing inside the vehicle. When the tow truck/flat bed got there he couldn’t fit into the parking garage, the ceiling was too low. We tried pushing it, no joy. Spent the next hour trying to stop cars on Gun Hill Avenue in the Bronx to give me a tow out of the parking garange. Must have looked like a Psycho! Had 2 tow straps in my truck. Eventually found someone, offered him $300. It was super sketchy steering and braking a TRX downhill without power down 7 parking lot floors w/ the tow vehicle 30 feet ahead. The guy pulling me was accelerating and then braking and I almost hit him multiple times, I Dont recommend it. Got it to the street & the flat bed picked it up & drove us home. 2.5 hrs sleep in last 2 days.Detectives dusted for prints this am & went through the truck and then I had it towed to the dealership.

The thief’s removed my personalized plates “702 TRX“ & put on a plate on the rear and removed my regi from the windshield. Assume those plates are not available to me anymore, sucks. I need to go to DMV and re-register the truck. I spoke to my service advisor at the the RAM dealership and told him I am definitely adding security. I am not up to speed at all on security systems, can you guys please advise in what you recommend? I will not park it in my driveway again till I have security. Tia!

They left this device in my truck:
View attachment 116281
Glad to hear you got your truck back. That device looks like a fast charger powerbank. The thieves could use it to charge any number of electronics, including their electronic car theft related tools.

Glad to hear you got your truck back. That device looks like a fast charger powerbank. The thieves could use it to charge any number of electronics, including their electronic car theft related tools.
The device in the picture is a power bank. But I'm curious if that's what it actually is. I remember reading an article a while back (don't remember where, and I don't remember the specifics) where thieves were disguising electronic theft devices as charger banks. So if they were stopped by police, they likely wouldn't be discovered.
@STRADALE - were you able to take that device home with you? I would be curious to see if you could find out what it really is.

1701289156633.png

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back