RBGP_TRX

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2010 Trubo LSX Camaro
Current Ride #2
2019 F350DRW
So who’s going to be the first to get this truck on the dyno? How much power to the tire is this thing making??

So let the guessing being!!

565 HP
590 TQ

I’m going with my guys doing the math.....
1612068103520.jpeg

I’m going with my guys doing the math.....
View attachment 3541
I’ll show you my math.. 702 HP at the crank x 80% (20% drivetrain loss) = 561 rear wheel HP
The real question is... how much power is being sucked out with drivetrain loss? That transfer case has to be sucking some power out of it.

I’ll show you my math.. 702 HP at the crank x 80% (20% drivetrain loss) = 561 rear wheel HP
The real question is... how much power is being sucked out with drivetrain loss? That transfer case has to be sucking some power out of it.
Ok you win.... seems you already knew the answer though.....

Since it’s the 6.2 it would not take much to add a couple hundred HP to the charts with pulleys, E85, and a tune.

Ok you win.... seems you already knew the answer though.....
Those are just “general” rule of thumb numbers.. If driveline loss is 15 percent power at the wheels 596 HP!!

So the true numbers at the wheels depends on how much power is being absorbed in the driveline.

Can’t wait to see dyno numbers

Interesting discussion! I’d have thought, with all of the professional reviews, that someone would have done this by now. Then the after market vendors could start developing their mods to sell.

Those are just “general” rule of thumb numbers.. If driveline loss is 15 percent power at the wheels 596 HP!!

So the true numbers at the wheels depends on how much power is being absorbed in the driveline.

Can’t wait to see dyno numbers

DT Loss has definitely come a long way. Hellcats see about 10% drivetrain loss. mine saw 635 at the wheels ((707-635) / 707 = 10.18%).....with the AWD TRX i'd bet somewhere around 12-13% (600-620ish) at the wheels.

I'll be eager to see what you get out of yours. i'll be going with a ported redeye blower on stock pulley with injectors, SC spacers (if they fit), KC and a tune. Should be around 16lb on pump gas and spinning the blower at stock speeds.

Last edited:
DT Loss has definitely come a long way. Hellcats see about 10% drivetrain loss. mine saw 635 at the wheels ((707-635) / 707 = 10.18%).....with the AWD TRX i'd bet somewhere around 12-13% (600-620ish) at the wheels.

I'll be eager to see what you get out of yours. i'll be going with a ported redeye blower on stock pulley with injectors, sapcers (if they fit), KC and a tune. Should be around 16lb on pump gas and spinning the blower at stock speeds.
Completely agree, 20% drivetrain loss mentioned above is no where close to accurate.

Back