Status of 2024 TRX

The ERay is a great place to start with Hybrid and performance. Check this review out:

That's why I can't wait to see the markups on the Zora

That's why I can't wait to see the markups on the Zora
At some point, GM needs to start turning these cars out.
Seems like a few have already walked away from their orders because they are tired of waiting.
10k backlog can easily be done in a year.

Unless its intentional, but that nonsense got me to walk over and look at a Wagoneer over a Tahoe.
And let me tell you, that Wagoneer was a lot nicer than the RST. Not to mention it felt quicker too with the I6.
Same shit got me into a Ram 10 years ago. I thought GM was the car maker for everyone not a Porsche wanna be.

Looking around some older threads, I see that MY23 production started at the end of November last year. Any thoughts on if MY24 will have a similar start this year?

Looking around some older threads, I see that MY23 production started at the end of November last year. Any thoughts on if MY24 will have a similar start this year?
Too soon to tell. The successive model year is usually slated to start in July or so. Each year, they adjust as necessary (to finish the current model year, or to wait for tweaks to finish for the next model year). November was crazy-late compared to normal, so I wouldn’t expect to see that again.
The best indicator will be when they open the order banks for 2024. Then we can watch the 2023 orders stop and take a good guess as to how long it will take for the 2023 backlog to clear out.

While I wait to get an order in for a '24 I was a little confused by the build tool because it only showed black, red, and white as available colors. I went back to the build tool yesterday and they now have added the usual colors on top (blue, silver, grey). They also removed the 2022 build tab, which is good since it just gets you a bit frustrated over the price increase from 22 to 23. Is there a chance they are cleaning this up for the 2024 build tool. If order banks really open up in a few weeks it would make sense start cleaning this up.

While I wait to get an order in for a '24 I was a little confused by the build tool because it only showed black, red, and white as available colors. I went back to the build tool yesterday and they now have added the usual colors on top (blue, silver, grey). They also removed the 2022 build tab, which is good since it just gets you a bit frustrated over the price increase from 22 to 23. Is there a chance they are cleaning this up for the 2024 build tool. If order banks really open up in a few weeks it would make sense start cleaning this up.
You do realize you just said they finally now took 2022 off and you think they'll fix it soon? They notoriously don't get it updated until very late, like almost end of year.

You do realize you just said they finally now took 2022 off and you think they'll fix it soon? They notoriously don't get it updated until very late, like almost end of year.
This is my first go with RAM. Just sold my Gen 2 Raptor and will limp by with a crappy old car until I can get into a TRX. I guess I'll just continue to sit tight until more info pops up. Gonna be a long wait I'm sure!

Makes sense that they'd not let the 6.2L TRX go out without a bang, and milk the special editions a bit more in to 2024. Interesting that we're going to see Hurricane TRXs.
I agree!!! Seems like an obvious marketing opportunity that wouldn't be missed by any corporation.

Last edited:
I have never had a Ram of any kind before, but will be putting in an order for a '24 TRX. I've heard that the ordering will open mid-June. If that is true, how long is the typical wait between when an order is submitted and actual production/delivery to dealer?

This is my first go with RAM. Just sold my Gen 2 Raptor and will limp by with a crappy old car until I can get into a TRX. I guess I'll just continue to sit tight until more info pops up. Gonna be a long wait I'm sure!
Are you on a waiting list?

I have never had a Ram of any kind before, but will be putting in an order for a '24 TRX. I've heard that the ordering will open mid-June. If that is true, how long is the typical wait between when an order is submitted and actual production/delivery to dealer?
After much study we've narrowed the window down on order to delivery to a small space of 4 weeks to 13 months. You have to pray the Chicken pucks your number.

After much study we've narrowed the window down on order to delivery to a small space of 4 weeks to 13 months. You have to pray the Chicken pucks your number.

I'm personally thinking somewhere near the middle of that range. Say 6 months?

I'm personally thinking somewhere near the middle of that range. Say 6 months?
Largely depends on when they'll start making them, I'd think.

Also, I currently have a Durango that's been in "inspection" for a month now, and had a Challenger take over four months to make it to the dealer, from after it was built.

So, my guess would be six weeks from after they start building them to 12 months after that.

Largely depends on when they'll start making them, I'd think.

Also, I currently have a Durango that's been in "inspection" for a month now, and had a Challenger take over four months to make it to the dealer, from after it was built.

So, my guess would be six weeks from after they start building them to 12 months after that.

Well, a year on the long end would be a while. But I'm sure very well worth the wait.

This was also my first Ram after a number of Fords and I am totally satisfied. I waited 8 months for mine but there is really no rhyme or reason as to the order they build them. As others have said totally worth the wait.

Too soon to tell. The successive model year is usually slated to start in July or so. Each year, they adjust as necessary (to finish the current model year, or to wait for tweaks to finish for the next model year). November was crazy-late compared to normal, so I wouldn’t expect to see that again.
The best indicator will be when they open the order banks for 2024. Then we can watch the 2023 orders stop and take a good guess as to how long it will take for the 2023 backlog to clear out.
Actually, not too soon. Production plans are scheduled way in advance.

Currently, 2024 MY job #1 is scheduled for 7/31/23. 2025 MY job #1 is scheduled for 1/8/24. I'm not sure why it's so short, but if the 24 MY TRX exists with a 6.2, the window for production is only sitting at just about 5 months.

Just like last year, delays could happen pushing these dates back. However, supply chain issues have been minimal compared to 12 months ago.

All of Stellantis/FCA is terrible at updating the Build Online feature.
Dodge never even got around to putting the Demon up as an option to build.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back