goAddy

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Black L2 TRX
Military
Army
I just wanted to start this conversation on more broad basis. I know there has been a last call on some models for the hellcat motor.

Is 2023 the last year for the TRX Hellcat, or will it be 2024?

Will the value of the trucks plummet or increase over the years?

Just some hypothetical conversation here.

All indications are the TRX will live on in 2024, but they will NOT have the 6.2 engine. what the CEO said a year ago means nothing today and all indications are the 6.2 is gone when the 23's are finished. which may or may not be finished right now.

My opinion is the 21-23 TRX will hold their value well for some time and nice unphuckedup examples will increase in value down the road. I don't see any reason prices could increase dramatically because then buyers would just buy a new Raptor R .

All indications are the TRX will live on in 2024, but they will NOT have the 6.2 engine. what the CEO said a year ago means nothing today and all indications are the 6.2 is gone when the 23's are finished. which may or may not be finished right now.

My opinion is the 21-23 TRX will hold their value well for some time and nice unphuckedup examples will increase in value down the road. I don't see any reason prices could increase dramatically because then buyers would just buy a new Raptor R .
this to me doesnt make sense for them to not put a 6.2 in the last year. If they switch it to twin turbo or whatever I wonder how terrible the sales would be going forward.

this to me doesnt make sense for them to not put a 6.2 in the last year. If they switch it to twin turbo or whatever I wonder how terrible the sales would be going forward.
So does it make sense for ‘them’ to only manufacture Hellcat motors for the TRX? From a business stand point I would say no

So does it make sense for ‘them’ to only manufacture Hellcat motors for the TRX? From a business stand point I would say no
Considering they import the engines from Mexico (in the same plant as the Hurricane I6 and 5.7/6.4 Hemi) and the transmissions from ZF in Germany, they could likely easily build and buy enough just for the TRX. Whether or not they can meet overall fleet emissions regulations with the Hellcat in the lineup is the big question.

I was reading an article in the Hagerty magazine. Interesting that according to Stellantis PR reps, "Hellcat" engines are only found in Dodge products. Anything that is not a Dodge (ie. Ram, Jeep) has a "supercharged six-point two". The article states that "in a few short seasons, we will be left with only the Ram 1500 TRX and the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat". These are not my words, I'm only quoting the article titled The Beginning of the End in the Hagerty March-April issue.

Everyone feel free to continue to speculate as to the future of these awesome trucks.

Reactions: Two
I popped into a local dealer with my 23 to ask about service this evening.

They were unable to place any TRX orders currently.. Probably not news to most of you, figured it was worth sharing…

I was specifically told the 6.2 is done in 2023... And I have a pretty accurate track record with sources.... Will know more once contracts are finished being negotiated

Thanks @KnightMare .

I wasn’t sure to respond with a thumbs up, or sad face since I have my 23! :D

I did point out to the Sales Department in Millbury, MA - who noticed my White 23 Level 2 TRX pull up front and center (next to a red one, for sticker 99k) - I didn’t buy from them as there are better deals to be had.

I told them to go to ram-trx.com , as if the hat and sweatshirt weren’t enough of a tip off ;) :LOL: 🙄😂

Same kid wouldn’t let me drive one with 10k miles on it, they had a new blue one for 20K over sticker back in July. I gave them 2 chances before ordering from someone else 😎

Their service department was cool enough to tell me, for their oil changes they always do the oil cooler 👍

The dealership I bought it from did so without being asked 👍👍

I was reading an article in the Hagerty magazine. Interesting that according to Stellantis PR reps, "Hellcat" engines are only found in Dodge products. Anything that is not a Dodge (ie. Ram, Jeep) has a "supercharged six-point two". The article states that "in a few short seasons, we will be left with only the Ram 1500 TRX and the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat". These are not my words, I'm only quoting the article titled The Beginning of the End in the Hagerty March-April issue.

Everyone feel free to continue to speculate as to the future of these awesome trucks.
Don't know about Hagerty, BUT, there is the "Hellcat" Logo sitting on top of my Supercharger in my 2022.......So to me, it's a freaking Hellcat! To quote Butter Da Great, "Just Saying"....lol

I heard this week while tracking down a Demon 170 from a dealer, that there is some kind 392 4xe Wrangler coming? I have no idea if the lady knew what she was talking about but she said it was in their dealer messaging system but I haven't heard of it.

I knew Jeep was working on a performance 4xe system to put in the next gen trackhawk but I heard they couldn't get the performance numbers they wanted and had packaging issues.

Maybe a new TRX drivetrain?

I was specifically told the 6.2 is done in 2023... And I have a pretty accurate track record with sources.... Will know more once contracts are finished being negotiated
This will be interesting to follow. My 2021 just rolled over 18,000 miles. I’ve been on the fence of trading it for a 2024 (if Ram made the Hellcat TRX in 2024). I guess only time will tell. For now I’ll just keep putting miles on the current truck.

My dealer and friend told me this was the last year of the hellcat engine. So I snuck in a 23 order and now have a beautiful 23 granite sitting next to our hellrango in the driveway. Straight six will put out some impressive numbers but will never sound eight in my opinion

Back