Status of 2024 TRX

The digital rear view mirror is something I didn't really like when I first got the truck. But once I gave it a chance and got used to it, I love that feature.
I too like the digital mirror but I wish it had a 3-5x zoom...👍

I find myself switching back to normal view whenever I want to "drive" the beast, like it's meant to be driven...🇺🇲 because you just can't make out "certain" vehicles clear enough, unless they're right behind you, and then it's too late...😉( And yes I have countermeasures so no need to comment in on that....)

I wish they would improve upon that in 24

Hate to put this train back on its tracks here, but regarding the 2024 TRX. To add a little more to the possibility of the hellcat making it one more year.

All 2024 Pilots I have found so far have the 6.2L Supercharged Hemi. I extended my scans out to 2025 over the weekend and have found over 450 pilot trucks (of all models) 71 of those have the 3.6L V6 and the rest are all spec'd with the Hurricane V6 Turbo including 74 TRX's. Not a single V8 in the bunch yet.
Yeah that's new Pentistar Stellantis upgraded a few months ago. I wonder how much of a market drop Ram will experience with no Hemi and all the competitions still have V8's

Yeah that's new Pentistar Stellantis upgraded a few months ago. I wonder how much of a market drop Ram will experience with no Hemi and all the competitions still have V8's
The Wagoneer and GW with the I6s moves pretty damn good at over 6,000lbs. I think the GW can 0-60 in under 5 seconds!

A 510hp hurricane in a baby TRX in the mid 60s range would be a killer package for those who can't or don't want to step up to the Hellcat.

Its not a Hellcat, but they would sell them if they took a big price cut.

The Wagoneer and GW with the I6s moves pretty damn good at over 6,000lbs. I think the GW can 0-60 in under 5 seconds!

A 510hp hurricane in a baby TRX in the mid 60s range would be a killer package for those who can't or don't want to step up to the Hellcat.

Its not a Hellcat, but they would sell them if they took a big price cut.
How much you want to the bet the "big price cut" will be more like a minor papercut....

How much you want to the bet the "big price cut" will be more like a minor papercut....
I'll bet the price cut is 10k ish. They just need to make the price competitive with the Raptor.

If that.
I won't be in the market. I thought 78k for my level 1 was a damn good deal at MSRP.
Now the base is almost 10k over that amount!!!

I'm very interested in jumping into a 2024 TRX with the Hellcat if these dealers have these big discounts again.
But if its like the Last Call challengers, I'm out.

Only way I would look at it, is if the 510 Hurricane was under 70k. And the reason for that is the engine ecu hasn't been cracked nor do I think anyone is trying at the moment. Not many wanting to race a Grand Wagoneer

So it's really looking like a 6.2 for 2024. Lots of guys on here have a nice big heaping plate of crow to eat so I hope you guys are hungry. Guess those Sales Managers and all your friends actually didn't know what they were talking about.

A side note, but how much would it cost to buy everything necessary to build your own stage kit for a hellcat engine and how much more HP would that add? Curious what you think Butter.

So it's really looking like a 6.2 for 2024. Lots of guys on here have a nice big heaping plate of crow to eat so I hope you guys are hungry. Guess those Sales Managers and all your friends actually didn't know what they were talking about.
Yup, Feel the same way, all the posts, videos on YouTube, all the "insider" sources....all seem to be just click bait.

If that.
I won't be in the market. I thought 78k for my level 1 was a damn good deal at MSRP.
Now the base is almost 10k over that amount!!!

I'm very interested in jumping into a 2024 TRX with the Hellcat if these dealers have these big discounts again.
But if its like the Last Call challengers, I'm out.

Only way I would look at it, is if the 510 Hurricane was under 70k. And the reason for that is the engine ecu hasn't been cracked nor do I think anyone is trying at the moment. Not many wanting to race a Grand Wagoneer
Jeep put the Hurricane 510 ONLY in a 90k Grand Wagoneer. I have a hard time seeing any vehicle with that engine under 70k. Even the next gen Dodge cars I see them being at the low end being mid-60k for more than likely the Hurricane 510 in a Scat Pack. Mustang Dark Horse, 500hp, starts at 60k. C8, 495hp, starts at 65k.

Look at the price gap, I promise you baby TRX will be at least 70k, plenty of space for 2 more trucks, and the V6 Raptor 76k.
1684473832386.png

Premium engine but its still mass produced.
Probably more so than the Hellcat when it gets rolling.

69,995 is under 70k ;):ROFLMAO:

I haven't paid attention to Raptors and their cost since the TRX became available. But if that is mid 70s, then the Hurricane TRX will likely be the same.

I'm curious if they do a hybrid 510 TRX and tweak it to get to 710hp or so and make that faster than the Hellcat version for 2025. They bought all those damn hybrid ZF 8 speeds that supposedly add 150ft-lbs of torque. When the hell are they going to use them?

A side note, but how much would it cost to buy everything necessary to build your own stage kit for a hellcat engine and how much more HP would that add? Curious what you think Butter.
Lots of places such as Dusterhoff tuning where you can buy a kit to install yourself. You'll save a lot of money and can get 100-150 whp easy.

Premium engine but its still mass produced.
Probably more so than the Hellcat when it gets rolling.

69,995 is under 70k ;):ROFLMAO:

I haven't paid attention to Raptors and their cost since the TRX became available. But if that is mid 70s, then the Hurricane TRX will likely be the same.

I'm curious if they do a hybrid 510 TRX and tweak it to get to 710hp or so and make that faster than the Hellcat version for 2025. They bought all those damn hybrid ZF 8 speeds that supposedly add 150ft-lbs of torque. When the hell are they going to use them?
I thought they got those transmissions to put in a hybrid Trackhawk. Would of made sense to have a hybrid Trackhawk this year and hybrid TRX/Grand Wagoneer next year. There was supposed to be a performance Grand Cherokee hybrid that Jeep said in an article 2 years ago. But jeep only put the inline 4 hybrid 4xe system in the GC since. I had a source tell me a couple years ago they was having performance and packaging issues.

So unless the new Grand Wagoneer 4xe comes with a performance hybrid system to at least compete with the Escalade V, I think Stellantis is in trouble from people not wanting to buy EV's. At least the C8 E-Ray gives you a nice boost to warm people up to hybrids.

I thought they got those transmissions to put in a hybrid Trackhawk. Would of made sense to have a hybrid Trackhawk this year and hybrid TRX/Grand Wagoneer next year. There was supposed to be a performance Grand Cherokee hybrid that Jeep said in an article 2 years ago. But jeep only put the inline 4 hybrid 4xe system in the GC since. I had a source tell me a couple years ago they was having performance and packaging issues.

So unless the new Grand Wagoneer 4xe comes with a performance hybrid system to at least compete with the Escalade V, I think Stellantis is in trouble from people not wanting to buy EV's. At least the C8 E-Ray gives you a nice boost to warm people up to hybrids.
The ERay is a great place to start with Hybrid and performance. Check this review out:

I picked up mine this past Friday (19-May), the guys I was speaking with at the dealership were noting they don’t believe a 2024 will exist with the Hellcat. I asked if anything had been said, they just noted the reason they believe so is you cannot order any 2024’s at the time.

They did note that they have 11 TRX’s that are all slated to go TX to Hennessey Performance for the Mammoth upgrade. I asked him what the upcharge of that was, an additional 60-70k.

I picked up mine this past Friday (19-May), the guys I was speaking with at the dealership were noting they don’t believe a 2024 will exist with the Hellcat. I asked if anything had been said, they just noted the reason they believe so is you cannot order any 2024’s at the time.

They did note that they have 11 TRX’s that are all slated to go TX to Hennessey Performance for the Mammoth upgrade. I asked him what the upcharge of that was, an additional 60-70k.
Wow so a 20k markup on Hennessy’s 35k markup…

Those guys don't know what they're talking about. 24 with the 6.2 have been built already.

Back