TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Jesse
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
USMC
In my AMG c63, sport mode, changed everything. It hauled ass yes... but... it also got loud, burped, etc... I assumed a change in fuel ratio, valves? I have not noticed the same in the TRX but I immediately ripped out the factory stereo. I also very rarely run in sport mode (Houston Traffic).
We are similar, but not quite. I have a Dinan M4 and like you a TRX. I have baffles in my exhaust but not sure about the TRX. Exhaust notes change when I’m using paddle shifters and I have a difference in sport or Baja or my custom which is similar to sport but TC on. I have the HK sound but I also have bullet resonators. There’s no wiring, etc to activate baffles ahead of the oem mufflers so if it has baffles… not sure where they are

AMR TRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Danny
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Ok I have been watching this thread for a while and decided on the drive to work cruise set at 71 mph on flat ground to switch from AUTO to SPORT then back to AUTO. There is a definitive exhaust note change while cruising. The rpm does not move, the truck doesn't feel like it is downshifting to a lower gear (also as indicated by the RPM remaining the same) and the only thing that changes is the exhaust note. Similar to opening and closing an exhaust cut out but not quite as extreme. It is some kind of TRX wizardry or ANC but if it were ANC I feel like the radio sound would have changed as well? I flipped it back in forth a few more times while cruising and for sure the sound changed. I do have two resonators blocked in the back by exhaust bands other wise my truck is stock.

Steiger

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver level 2
I tried it and didn’t notice any change at all in the sound. The rpm’s don’t change. There are no cutouts in the exhaust system. With those two things being constant the only way for the sound to change would be piped in sound or changes in the ANC programming.

Kingcrab

TRX Member
Reaction score
It’s way more noticeable in person so I urge everyone to try it. Cruise set around 50, manual mode in 6th gear. Flat or slight incline grade. Switch between auto and sport via the TRX screen on infotainment. 100% repeatable difference in tone while engine RPM and gear position remain exactly the same. It does come through in video but the wind noise obscured it a little.

It’s either the noise cancelling or maybe even a slight change in engine timing??? I have no idea but there’s something to this.
My ears are old , and I say “what did you say” a few times a day. But the noise when I can hear something sounds like the Converter changing pitch, or locking up, and unlocking???

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Zack
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I did think of that, but would expect some kind of RPM change if that was the case.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
What kind of air did you use? I only used purified triple filtered air when putting air in my tires. I want to that out that new ceramic air.
Fuckin idiot. Everyone knows you need to use nitrogen and 60psi. Are you developmentally challenged? Mom an alcoholic crack head? Both?

BDS TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
2012 Supercharged Challenger R/T+ / 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Current Ride #2
2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide
. . . without even owning one of these beasts yet, I'll throw my hat in the ring and guess that it has something to do with the transfer case, and the change in power transfer through the front driveline ( front/rear split ) between the two modes.

Last edited:

Jackson

HellRex Curator
Founding Member
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bonanza A36
Current Ride #2
Ballistic 223
. . . without even owning one of these beasts yet, I'll throw my hat in the ring and guess that it has something to do with the transfer case, and the change in power transfer through the front driveline ( front/rear split ) between the two modes.

I bet you're correct. RPM would stay the same and a subtle change in how she behaved.

NFARVW

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Adam
Current Ride
2014 Tundra TRD
Current Ride #2
2021 Volvo XC90 T8
The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. It's most likely ANC programmed to work less intrusive to provide a more spirited and entertaining atmosphere.

OP
S

Swayse

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Trx ordered
The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. It's most likely ANC programmed to work less intrusive to provide a more spirited and entertaining atmosphere.
Yup, kind of what I was thinking too, or hoping anyway. If they were adding sound, that would make it no better than a damn Ford.

Jackson

HellRex Curator
Founding Member
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bonanza A36
Current Ride #2
Ballistic 223

What if the truck no longer has ANC and it still does it?

Two

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
So if you locked the transfer case in 4WD, would that make it really loud? And is low range loader than high range?

Also, do the selectable torque splits override the AWD/4WD/Low range selection, or is it the other way around?

BDS TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
So if you locked the transfer case in 4WD, would that make it really loud? And is low range loader than high range?

Also, do the selectable torque splits override the AWD/4WD/Low range selection, or is it the other way around?

"if" you locked the transfer case in 4WD? What else other than totally disengaged (Neutral) would it be in may I ask. . .

. . . rolling down the road - it's in either 4WD Auto / 4WD Low / 4WD High

Two

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
"if" you locked the transfer case in 4WD? What else other than totally disengaged (Neutral) would it be in may I ask. . .

. . . rolling down the road - it's in either 4WD Auto / 4WD Low / 4WD High
Maybe ours are different, but they have AWD, 4WD high, and 4WD low.

BDS TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Maybe ours are different, but they have AWD, 4WD high, and 4WD low.

Really? Cuz' page 31 in your RAM manual says different.

BorgWarnerControl.jpg

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
If you eliminate what you do know, you can come up with a solution.

We all have an acoustic windshield, ANC, and no values in the exhaust system. To my ears I could barely hear my exhaust no matter what mode I'm in inside. After getting exhaust cutouts, the ANC can't mute enough of the sound. Baja, sport, and auto sound slight different but I would say it's only because of the drive modes manipulate the timing and shifting to make it sound different.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com